Using your cruise next certificate disqualifies any upgrade advantage bidding

pattymo

Just learned this as I called the upgrade dept after not receiving a bidding email on our 7/9/2017 cruise whereas the balcony cabin I booked my kids did ..They said because I used my $250 cruise next certificate to book this cruise I do not qualify for any upgrade bidding .....

I also lost my angled balcony cabin during a price adjustment 1 week after I booked the cruise ...my TA nor I picked up the different cabin # till it was final payment time ....Not feeling the love from NCL [emoji21]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Utterly nonsense from NCL's phone bank, we have 3 staterooms, 1 booked with 2 CN and 1 with just 1 CN certicate, third one did not, all 3 got email linked bid to UG Advantage last month. Sailing next weekend, 1 accepted already and other 2 still pending. Upgrade Dept gave your faked news, IMO. And, yes, that included CAS in the initial booking.

Of course, a local TA told our BIL in stateroom #3 also an upgrade with them is possible, for $1,000. LOL. They also played dumb on the Upgrade Advantage.

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Edited by mking8288

This is completely false.

I used a CruiseNext certificate to book my current reservation and I got an email about upgrading. Plus, this makes no sense from a NCL perspective.

OP got bad information.

Glad to know OP got it, whew ! Not rushing to defend NCL but FDR is still laughing all the way to the bank, and with the tax sales, extended.

And, if you logged into your MyNCL dot com account, the pop-up/banner offer should be right there on the "main" screen. Good luck on bidding & scoring.

A TA has no control on if you are offered upgrade bids, they come directly from NCL and if you don't get the email, it will be in your reservation when you log onto NCL if it is offered. Using a cruise next certificate does not disqualify you from the bid opportunity.

Just learned this as I called the upgrade dept after not receiving a bidding email on our 7/9/2017 cruise whereas the balcony cabin I booked my kids did ..They said because I used my $250 cruise next certificate to book this cruise I do not qualify for any upgrade bidding .....

I also lost my angled balcony cabin during a price adjustment 1 week after I booked the cruise ...my TA nor I picked up the different cabin # till it was final payment time ....Not feeling the love from NCL [emoji21]

Not sure how you "lose" an angled balcony cabin. You took a cheaper cabin 1 week after you initially booked and got a cheaper cabin.

wrt the cruise next, that is totally wrong. We used 2 cruise next certificates on our upcoming cruise and were offered the opportunity to bid exactly 80 days until cruise.

Not sure how you "lose" an angled balcony cabin. You took a cheaper cabin 1 week after you initially booked and got a cheaper cabin.

wrt the cruise next, that is totally wrong. We used 2 cruise next certificates on our upcoming cruise and were offered the opportunity to bid exactly 80 days until cruise.

birdie. The price of my BC cabin went down $200 I called the TA and got the price adjustment , they call NCL for it...somehow with the price adjustment this occurred. Have gotten price adjustments many times on Multiple cruise lines incl NCL and have always retained my original cabin Did not take a " cheaper cabin "

As far of the cruise next the NCL rep gave me erroneous info

Pretty complicated negotiations.

I had upbid on a balcony...........and I found out I got one! Happy happy.

From an inside guarantee, pretty good.

I don't know whether it is important, but I booked straight with NCL.

B

The price of my BC cabin went down $200 I called the TA and got the price adjustment , they call NCL for it...somehow with the price adjustment this occurred.

NCL reps can be a pain with this as officially when taking advantage of a price drop pre final payment they treat it as a cancel and re-book. In the recent past when I had to do it my PCC said "you may lose your cabin" in a veiled attempt to discourage it. My response was "okay, if that happens then then just cancel my booking". After a minute on hold I got "supervisors approval" to be able to keep my cabin. Unfortunately I think you got a "screw you" from the NCL contact via your travel agent.

Regarding the upgrade bidding, unfortunately the information you get from NCL agents is often totally wrong.

Sorry not true and you should have also not lost your cabin. Ive done price adjustments ans always keep my cabin. I think your TA should have most certainly made sure it was kept and double checked your cabin number. I always recheck my canin number anytime Im printing our or receiving documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry not true and you should have also not lost your cabin. Ive done price adjustments ans always keep my cabin. I think your TA should have most certainly made sure it was kept and double checked your cabin number. I always recheck my canin number anytime Im printing our or receiving documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I spoke with two CAS reps regarding cancelling the port fees and taxes on my November cruise, and they both insisted it was a rebook, and there was a good chance I would lose my angle balcony cabin.