Cruise TT info not reliable anymore!

For years we checked Cruise TT, to find out what other ships were in port the same day we arrived. That way we could figure out how busy the port and tours would be. Lately, the Cruise TT information is lacking a lot. Several times, when we checked, there were no other ships reported to be in port, but upon arrival there would be several other ships. Yesterday I checked again, for Flam Norway and no ship was reported to be in port on July 8. Then I found out, the Queen Mary will be in port. Is there a better website for this info?

I answered this on your same question on the Celebrity boards, I use cruisetimetables.com but the info you give is incorrect as Queen Mary will be crossing from New York to Southampton on July 8 - if you mean this year

It makes zero difference how many ships are in port on a given day.

It does for some people. I may want to stay on the ship (and not book any tour) if I know the port is going to be crowded and inundated with tourists, or I may want to book a cruise that has only 1 ship in each port (very doable if you book off season).

It does for some people. I may want to stay on the ship (and not book any tour) if I know the port is going to be crowded and inundated with tourists, or I may want to book a cruise that has only 1 ship in each port (very doable if you book off season).

When do you consider off season?

Would that be the summer?

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It affects my choice on places to go, especially on repeat port visits. If it's a new port and we want to tour the place, then we'd just book a tour knowing they can fit only so many in the van. But if it's a repeat visit, I might choose a less popular beach if the port is jammed, conversely, if we're the only ship in port, I might deliberately pick the popular beach knowing it won't be that crowded.

It certainly can matter if you desire to go somewhere that has a limited occupancy, such as Nachi Cocum or Maya Chan. It can affect if/when you reserve your spot, and since some deposits are non-refundable, you risk losing some $$$ if you have to cancel.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruisett is only as correct as it will ever be when data is first input. I've seen they make no changes after the initial schedule.

And, it does matter how many ships (and which ones) are in port on a specific day. There are some places you don't want to go if there are a lot of ships in port.