Wonder of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

On 8/5/2020 at 6:57 AM, Lloyd555 said:

From someone on FB: My contact in the shipyard says Wonder is expected to be handed over to Royal for sea trials in December 2021, with a planned first sailing in late January/February 2022

I didn't realize the ship was handed over for sea trials.  I thought the shipyard was still her owner during sea trials while "the customer" would most likely have representatives present during sea trials but not in command.  Interesting.  

On 8/7/2020 at 2:58 PM, twangster said:

I didn't realize the ship was handed over for sea trials.  I thought the shipyard was still her owner during sea trials while "the customer" would most likely have representatives present during sea trials but not in command.  Interesting.  

I'm not sure if that person phrased that properly.

On today's investors call, Royal indicated they were expecting 5 new builds to complete through the end of 2021.  That is now down to 3 ships.  

Silver Moon, Silver Dawn and Odyssey are the 3 ships now expected in 2021.  All other new builds have been delayed around 10 months.

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

On today's investors call, Royal indicated they were expecting 5 new builds to complete through the end of 2021.  That is now down to 3 ships.  

Silver Moon, Silver Dawn and Odyssey are the 3 ships now expected in 2021.  All other new builds have been delayed around 10 months.

I heard from employee at Meyer Turku that work on Icon ship won't start up until 2022.

14 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

📷 Noël Ganuchaud 

FB_IMG_1597104952729.jpg

How long will it take before some revenue guru at RCG takes a look at 200+ feet of bridge windows and starts dreaming about turning some of that real estate into high priced cabins? 

1 hour ago, gmerick said:

How long will it take before some revenue guru at RCG takes a look at 200+ feet of bridge windows and starts dreaming about turning some of that real estate into high priced cabins? 

Given the current situation and health crisis, and with the need for social distancing, let's hope there are lessons learned about adding cabins in spaces that were once public spaces. I would hope that ships that were planned for upcoming drydock and to add cabins, those plans will change. 

11 hours ago, twangster said:

Like their cancellations, RCG will only project with the info they know for sure. Here's their timing of new RCI ships listed in the 10Q SEC report listed yesterday:

image.thumb.png.1589f5d268bf34c02e39f142c645afe8.png

On 8/4/2020 at 9:04 PM, Chiliburn said:

The artist impressions suggest it emits light.
 I’m thinking the facade at the back maybe a liquid crystal screen.when not active would be clear.

Most likely a giant TV screen backdrop type thing, a bit like the Anthem class experience

If, as speculation suggests, Wonder is now scheduled for late 2021

This could mean a sailing schedule going from the UK to China over Christmas and New Year in time for Chinese New Year on 1st February

What an incredible 40 - 60 day trip that would be !!!

6 hours ago, compman9 said:

Most likely a giant TV screen backdrop type thing, a bit like the Anthem class experience

Some liquid crystal screens can be clear and when a electrical current is given the flat crystals turn sideways and it becomes opaque . Welding helmets have a common use of them.

Maybe something like that?