Does Anyone Else Not Stress Over Carnival's New Changes ?

I'm not sure, but I may be the only one not stressing-out over some of the recent changes.

Some of the changes I'm not too crazy about but I'm just going to go with the flow.

Just curious if there are any other cruisers that may feel the same way?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure, but I may be the only one not stressing-out over some of the recent changes.

Some of the changes I'm not too crazy about but I'm just going to go with the flow.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

To which recent changes are you referring?

If we are not happy with the Carnival experience after the next cruise, I have no qualms about looking elsewhere.

The all-inclusive adults-only resorts are looking better and better.

We are still enjoying Carnival.

We do other sorts of vacations not just cruising so it is not the end all and be all of our lives!

We may well try one of the other Carnival related ships like Princess or Holland America.

We like Royal Caribbean very much but they moved out of California and we don't fly to cruise much any more.

I don't care if there no longer table clothes in the MDR. Is that what you mean? LOL.

We do not look to nitpick on our vacation. We took a land vacation in Punta Cana last year. We loved it, but if we looked at it through a magnifying glass I am sure we could have found and dwelled on things that were not perfect. I saw reviews of people who had gone to that resort for years and said the same things people here say about Carnival such as "gone down hill, not what it used to be, blah blah blah".

My whole life I have heard/read that whatever I am doing, wherever I am going things were better in the past, this includes my junior high school, my high school, my college, the town I live in, my wedding venue, the restaurants we like to go to, etc.

That being said, most of the complaints (except for the food and I have not experienced the American Table yet) I read about are regarding things we really don't care about. We don't really go to shows besides comedy (I live near NYC, if I want to see a show I will go there), we never go in the pools or hot tub. I have never had a problem getting a drink on a cruise ship. Maybe some bars take longer than others, but that is fine. I really don't care if the Steward cleans my room twice a day. I really do feel for them and know that they are being worked harder (but so am I at my job). I will NOT adjust my gratuities because they are only servicing my cabin once a day. What I will do is go on my vacation and have a great time no matter what, because we always do, even on the Disney cruise in which the psycho waiter freaked out on me, even on the Royal cruise on which I had the one of the worst meals of my life in the specialty restaurant.

I know some people say "if you accept less, you will get less", but if I really notice the service is that bad and the food is that horrible as some posters make it seem, then yes, I will rethink cruising on Carnival, but so far I like what I have seen and the price is right for us.

I couldn't care less about table cloths, pillow chocolates, shows, and gold crown and anchor bennies.

The next cruise changes soured me and now I'll cruise elsewhere.

Simply put, Carnival isn't loyal to me, so I'm not loyal to them. We'll still cruise with them, if and only if they offer the cruise we're looking for at the best price (including OBC) or a maybe for a cheap last minute trip.

Tablecloths don't make my food taste different. In fact we don't even own one at home and nowhere we go ever has them except my kids great grandparents use one at Christmas.

Chocolates on pillows, we take a pack of candy with us. I don't need a small chocolate on my pillow, I have plenty in my bags.

Kids in the pools, I have 2 kids so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Cleaning once a day rather than twice? Who cares, I'm not that much of a slob that I need someone to clean up after me twice a day.

Everyone not wearing a tux in the dining room? I dress casual on elegant nights, couldn't care less what you wear. It doesn't change how my food taste or how my experience is.

I don't stress over the changes 1 bit.

Edited by teknoge3k
Fixed typo

I cruise for the ports, period. In the past year and a half since I started cruising I have visited 21 different ports (if I'm counting correctly), including ones in 10 different countries outside of the US. This would not have been possibly for me had I done only land vacations. To me, the ship that gets me there is just a vessel. I look for the best itinerary for the best price during the time I want to travel. So far, it has always been Carnival.

Personally, I couldn't care less about any changes they make as long as they continue to give me a decent product for a good price. If their prices start going up and out of my price range, then I will look elsewhere. So if they want to continue to look for ways to save money, I say good, it will probably increase their chance of keeping me as a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't. All lines have changed and adapted over time even though the product is still remarkably similar. Each have +/-. I'm not ruining an otherwise great experience over bedtime mints, tablecloths or any other petty complaints you see.

I've seen a lot of changes over 13 years of sailing with Carnival. Some I like (Pixels, the lanai on Dream- and Vista-class ships) and some I don't (Playlist Productions). Nothing's been a deal breaker. We're booked for 2017 and 2018.

I think perhaps we all remember the first cruise and everything that got us hooked! Every little bit that is taken away clouds that special memory. I myself do not stress over the changes and I will keep sailing Carnival because I find it so affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a lot of changes over 13 years of sailing with Carnival. Some I like (Pixels, the lanai on Dream- and Vista-class ships) and some I don't (Playlist Productions). Nothing's been a deal breaker. We're booked for 2017 and 2018.

NYBumpkin,

Same here.

Some of the changes were things I didn't think I'd like; Your Time Dining. Huge change. Tried it when it came out and while I still miss meeting new friends, I wouldn't go back simply because it's so much more convenient.

Table cloths? Didn't that change happen over a year ago?

What people wear or don't wear to dinner? I rarely notice what other people are wearing and can't imagine my meal being affected by what someone else wears.

Future Cruise purchase changes; penny penching perhaps, but there were very few people taking advantage that I saw and I preferred when we could buy certificates and not actually book. We booked both with certificates and booked while on board and now we'll have several weeks after to book or not book.

We are booked through July 2018 so it's safe to say we're sticking with Carnival. Eventually they will open up perks to allow us to book any Carnival brand and that will be a great move for them and us as well. :cool:

Tablecloths don't make my food taste different. In fact we don't even own one at home and nowhere we go ever has them except my kids great grandparents use one at Christmas.

Chocolates on pillows, we take a pack of candy with us. I don't need a small chocolate on my pillow, I have plenty in my bags.

Kids in the pools, I have 2 kids so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Cleaning once a day rather than twice? Who cares, I'm not that much of a slob that I need someone to clean up after me twice a day.

Everyone not wearing a tux in the dining room? I dress casual on elegant nights, couldn't care less what you wear. It doesn't change how my food taste or how my experience is.

I don't stress over the changes 1 bit.

Love this post, so much.

back to the OP who has not responded, what specifically are you stressed about. I personally think Carnival takes care of this very well.

The way I read it the OP stated she is NOT stressing out.

The quick answer is NOPE!!! I could care less about candy on my pillow. I do wish the aft pools would remain adult only, but its not a deal breaker. Carnival has provided me with great vacations at a lower price than other lines. I will sail other lines at some point as well!!

Anyone who's concerned that Carnival is changing and that they might be missing out on a cruise line that isn't changing in the same way need only read another three or four forums for different cruise lines. You'll soon get quite comfortable in the knowledge that all the cruise lines in the same price range are changing in the same way.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.