Miss Princess in Caribbean in the Summer Months...RCCL here we come!

DShock

We are loyal Princess people (Elite Members) but like to spend two weeks in the Summer sailing the Caribbean. Our favorite are cruises from San Juan. Just wondering how many people would choose to cruise the Caribbean (from any port) on Princess in the June-Sept time frame if it were available?

So...we are off to San Juan to board Adventure of the Seas in August for b2b's...BUT would much prefer to be boarding a Princess ship!!

I too would like Princess to return to the Caribbean during the Summer. We had switched to NCL since they were more geared to families with younger children. Now that my boys are older (13, 16), we were hoping to introduce them to Princess.

We are loyal Princess people (Elite Members) but like to spend two weeks in the Summer sailing the Caribbean. Our favorite are cruises from San Juan. Just wondering how many people would choose to cruise the Caribbean (from any port) on Princess in the June-Sept time frame if it were available?

So...we are off to San Juan to board Adventure of the Seas in August for b2b's...BUT would much prefer to be boarding a Princess ship!!

The Caribbean Princess will be in Caribbean in Summer 2018.

They had ships sailing out of SJU in 2010 during the normal cruising season but had trouble filling them. If they did this during the summer (and hurricane) season, I doubt it would be very different. It might be a little better simply because there's less competition in the summer months but they can usually make much more money on AK and Europe itineraries.

I bet if Princess stationed a ship in San Juan in the Summer they would kill it in terms of bookings!

Only if they lowered the prices to a level that would be hard to justify. They would have to go back to the "buy a Summer cruise and get another cruise on us" promotion. Mini-Suites would be in the $700 per person range for a week and Interiors would be $199. Yeah. The ship would fill up. But would it make any money and would the Princess brand suffer? Drive the price down too low and all of a sudden you have "booze cruises". Not the brand that Princess is trying to create.

I bet if Princess stationed a ship in San Juan in the Summer they would kill it in terms of bookings!

I think Princess had a difficult time filling a ship out of San Juan during the winter months. Ideally, that is the best place to get to some of the different islands but Princess pulled out a long time ago (I assume for financial purposes).

That was when they had smaller ships. I personally wish they would put a ship out of San Juan again (in the winter).

Ships are difficult to fill out of San Juan, with sell off's a the last min. at very low fares just to fill the ship. Not a good business plan. The Caribbean Princess will be sailing from Ft. Lauderdale all spring and summer of 2018. The Caribbean Princess has just be recently made more youth friendly I assume in anticipation of a younger crowd during that time.

Hope it will include the return of NY - Caribbean R/T

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too. We have been booking Celebrity to Bermuda. My sons are sailing on the Anthem and the Breakaway over the summer. They would have booked Princess just because of loyalty status. Well I guess they will now become loyal to the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We try to sail 3-4 weeks a summer and prefer the Caribbean. We enjoy sailing on Princess and wished they would return to the Caribbean in the summer. Well, they finally decided to return for the summer of 2018 but have really priced themselves out of the market for us. With the exception of NCL's "Haven", Princess is more expensive in every cabin category than Celebrity, RCI, MSC, NCL and others we wouldn't consider.

We've already booked our weeks for 2018 and removed Princess from consideration after viewing their new pricing schedule. We haven't given up on Princess but can't justify the difference in fares for Caribbean 2018. :(

~Brian

Loyalty status is one thing, but if price points were close enough I'd pick a different ship over Caribbean Princess in a heartbeat. Next Summer there are (IMHO) better, newer ships with significantly more onboard options sailing the Caribbean including the (brand new) MSC Seaside, Carnival Vista, Norwegian Getaway, Harmony of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Carnival Magic, (brand new, from from NYC) Carnival Horizon, and (from NYC) Anthem of the Seas. Lots of choices over the Caribbean Princess.

And since Princess will only have the one ship, and no options for Bermuda or from NYC to the Caribbean (nor will they likely unless they dedicate a second ship), the alternating standard of Eastern/Western will have to do for those loyal to Princess solely based on their status.

We've already booked our weeks for 2018 and removed Princess from consideration after viewing their new pricing schedule. We haven't given up on Princess but can't justify the difference in fares for Caribbean 2018. :(

Princess prices can move quite a bit after release date. You may want to keep a watch if you haven't bought air, etc..

Hope it will include the return of NY - Caribbean R/T

That was a great cruise with stops in San Juan and Bermuda.

My DH and I enjoyed two cruises on the Crown Princess with that Summer itinerary.

Would absolutely book.another cruise like that !

Our first Princess cruise was a Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan in 2004. On that cruise they had to run really good last minute sales directed at people on Puerto Rico to fill the ship and there were well over 600 passengers from there on board. That was long time ago though.

Our first Princess cruise was a Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan in 2004. On that cruise they had to run really good last minute sales directed at people on Puerto Rico to fill the ship and there were well over 600 passengers from there on board. That was long time ago though.

There actually have been a lot of complaints when they have done this. Just due to having one large cultural group dominating the ship. Not saying that is good or bad but there were complaints about the ship being "different than other sailings" due to this.

One of my favorite cruises was on Princess out of San Juan. I believe it was the Caribbean Princess in 2009. Southern Caribbean is the best, especially the ABC islands. I wish there were more options there. It seems like only the RCL Adventure is based there, and they only visit the ABC half the time.

I'm considering the Eastern Caribbean Voyager cruise in either May or September 2018, just not going to book it now or anytime with a required non-refundable deposit. I've been on a Princess cruise in 2015, 2016 and just recently in 2017. No flying expense involved for me on this one and I've really enjoyed the overall experience on the previous cruises. Several new ports for me as well.

The celebrity equinox is in ft.lauderdale all this summer. Great ship. We are booked on back to back 21 days. Lots of specials around.

That was our first choice before we booked Oasis b2b, but the room type we wanted wasn't available.