Why I love Radiance Class Ships

Yeah...I don't like the enclosed solarium.....even on warm days, they don't open the so-called "retractable" roof.

Actually I stay on board during lot of port days and Serenade opened the roof 5-6 times in Nov/Dec

We are on Brilliance 30 June for 12 nights with two grandsons ,E1 balcony. I am a bit concerned about stateroom storage! Never been on a Radiance class ship before. We usually go with Celebrity. Never had more than two in stateroom either but that doesn't really bother me. I will make sure two cases fit into other two and hopefully will go under the bed? But maim concern is space for clothes!

I have couple soft sides bags don't fit under bed but those are ones have big spinner wheels. Olympia brand. Brilliance/Serenade beds little tight but most fit.

I don't get people who say that they like the smaller ships because they like being able to see the ocean. The only time I am really looking out at the ocean is when I am top side or on my balcony. I never actually find myself looking for a place inside where I can stare out at the ocean other than in my room when I have the curtains pulled back. Then looking out of windows at night does not make a difference anyway. But hey that's just me. :cool:

We have been on three of the Radiance class ships. I love the AFT cabins! It's not as far to get back to since we are on a smaller ship. I love all the windows and the centrum!

We too only cruise on the Radiance and Vision class ships. I want to see the ocean, not the inside of the ship. Those bigger ships are just not for us.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Judging by your signature, you haven't even tried a larger ship, so you can't yet say it isn't for you.

OK, maybe not an Oasis Class ship, but you might not mind the Freedom Class or similar.

They have the nicest diamond & concierge lounges.

Recently sailed Serenade and Navigator and didn't notice any difference.

Both used the Viking Crown lounge/Cosmopolitan club for the evening cocktail hour. Both had almost identical diamond lounges - Navigator had more Windows and outdoor seating. Concierge lounge on the Navigator is not as nice and no windows. Concierge lounge on Serenade is small and I believe had one small window.

We are on Brilliance 30 June for 12 nights with two grandsons ,E1 balcony. I am a bit concerned about stateroom storage! Never been on a Radiance class ship before. We usually go with Celebrity. Never had more than two in stateroom either but that doesn't really bother me. I will make sure two cases fit into other two and hopefully will go under the bed? But maim concern is space for clothes!

1bf5a43ffcb9e69851af57038fe9eca2.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's a year away but we booked a GS corner aft on Brilliance for a 14 day Baltic cruise. Looking forward to this cruise. But 14 days on any ship is a long time. The longest for us anyway. The 7 port days should help though!

We had GS 1600 corner aft, for 12 day cruise and loved it, but you are forced to do a little more walking

We, too, love Radiance. One thing that we really noticed is that the traffic flow in the WJ seems a lot better on Radiance than in (say) Freedom or Oasis. Freedom, in particular, had really poor food station design with the majority of stations being one-way/one-sided lines mostly facing the center spine of the ship. Just too linear to allow good flow. Radiance setup felt MUCH more open, in comparison. We also liked the fact that you could enter the dining spaces w/o having to first push through the food lines.

Recently sailed Serenade and Navigator and didn't notice any difference.

Both used the Viking Crown lounge/Cosmopolitan club for the evening cocktail hour. Both had almost identical diamond lounges - Navigator had more Windows and outdoor seating. Concierge lounge on the Navigator is not as nice and no windows. Concierge lounge on Serenade is small and I believe had one small window.

Concierge lounge on Serenade is awesome. Tons of Windows, outdoor seating, Pinnacle stage, big sit at bar.

Not sure what you are referring to.

Concierge lounge on Serenade is awesome. Tons of Windows, outdoor seating, Pinnacle stage, big sit at bar.

I like that, Pinnacle Stage. It was in good use on our Serenade cruise as well.

Just think, soon, you and Laura will be able to take your place on the Stage as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like that, Pinnacle Stage. It was in good use on our Serenade cruise as well.

Just think, soon, you and Laura will be able to take your place on the Stage as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It got taken over by families with small kids when we were on in April. :eek:

Love the salt water pool found on (only?) this class of ship.

Voyager class and below also have salt water pools. Plus, the beach pool on Oasis class is salt water.

Thank you for the correction. I just remember spending most of my time in the diamond lounge. During the day it was quite small, but door opened to the Viking lounge on an evening and went "all the way around."

Had second seating for dinner and all table mate were in suites and/or diamond plus. We arranged to meet in the concierge lounge - probably didn't go all the way in - it was terribly crowded and after a few minutes went over to the diamond lounge, which seemed much larger. At the time there were also a lot of kids/families in the CL, and I know they have the right to be there, so it just seemed crowded. It was nighttime so perhaps didn't notice more than one small bank of Windows.

Thanks for the correction - don't like to mislead people.

We have been on three of the Radiance class ships. I love the AFT cabins! It's not as far to get back to since we are on a smaller ship. I love all the windows and the centrum!

It's further back then you realize & even further on Deck 7 of Radiance class. Aft to Elevators almost same distance on Voyager class. Counts out at little over 100 yards to the elevator from my Deck 7 Aft cabin 7672 on Serenade. Get lot of exercise, last 3+ years spent over 200+ nites on Serenade & Brilliance all but one cruise in Afts!

Edited by ONECRUISER

Voyager class and below also have salt water pools. Plus, the beach pool on Oasis class is salt water.

Is it a pool is salt water, or all the pools on those smaller classes? My wife and I never got in on Radiance. I'm really not the biggest fan of salt water, so that tempers my enthusiasm for our time on Adventure next year, but I'll manage. A salt water pool on a cruise is still better than no cruise. [emoji6]