May 2017 UPDATE : HAL groups, charters and dry docks schedule

CJcruzer

• 2 weeks later...

OMG. I just saw that our Dec 1 - 8 Westerdam Mexican Riviera cruise now shows a political group (The Nation) on board. We cancelled this cruise last year due to a large group. Does anyone know how large this group might be?

Hi Carol,

Have you seen that HAL has changed the Eurodam February 2018 itineraries? Instead of a 7 day cruise on February 18, it is now an 11 day sailing on February 14. Any idea if the group Spiritual Spa is still on?

Thanks for all your research, we all really appreciate your hard work.

Fran

Thank you Carol for doing this. The time and energy you put into this is so appreciated. I called to check on a 7 day cruise on the Eurodam for Jan 7th that my DH and I were considering. I normally always check this thread first but forgot to do so. Our PCC then told me that dining for the late seating was unavailable (which has never happened to us) and that As You Wish dining would not be available from 6:30 on. That was the red flag that there must be a group booked so I checked your thread and saw "aviation group" listed for the cruise. I did a bit more searching and found the website for this group's cruise. Reviewing the site, I suspect there will be multiple venues blocked out and this must be a large group to have that much dining space. Our PCC said only 30 cabins had been booked thus far but they also have until October 2nd to make a reservation. For us, that is enough to pass on this cruise. For my experienced friends here, I do have a question -- do these group cruises ever not happen? I guess I was wondering if the response to the group cruise is low if the group backs out or if these are almost always a done deal. I understand why HAL wants these groups because the prices being paid for the group is significantly higher than prices posted for this cruise and do not include any of the current promotional offers but I don't want parts of the ship off limits to me or be forced to dine early or in the Lido if that is not what I want to do. Without this thread, many of us would be blindly walking into cruises we would likely not otherwise choose so again, thank you.

Not sure if this needs to be listed as a group, but:

Today's NYT Travel section has an ad for the NYT Journeys. "45+ Itineraries, 70+ departure dates, 6 continents"

They have listed specifically the Rotterdam 11/27 8 days. Lists 3 "featured experts"

There is a website for all of the departure dates: nytimes.com/timesjourneys

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...