Keeping track of cruises taken?

Knighton

I use ShipMate. It's in the App Store. All you need is the sail date and ship (I too have saved all my key cards). You plug that in and it not only populates the detail and saves the info, there are a lot of other cool features. It will even let you enter cruises on ships that have retired

One feature I like is a spot to take 6 photos of the cabin and save for each sailing. There is also a chat and a roll call section, if one is interested in that.

I use this one too. It works well!

We use Ship Mate. Also, we have a map of the Caribbean that has lapel flag pins marking all the islands visited.

There are spacers at the four corners of the frame to allow room for the flags between the map and the glass that protects the flags from curious grandkids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipmates, but my DH also does albums. Couple of pages for every cruise. Adds Daily paper, picture of itinerary, room cards, several photos, if there are any artifacts like shorex tickets or maps adds them.

+1. I wonder how in the world we managed to exist when all we had was paper and pencil.

DON

At least in our house, there were a lot of conversations along the lines of:

"Now which cruise was that? Was that the third one on Summit?"

"No that was the second one on Adventure of the Seas." "I'm sure we've only done on Adventure."

"No, I'm sure we've done two."

"Oh you must be thinking of Navigator."

"Oh, maybe I am."

:D

At least in our house, there were a lot of conversations along the lines of:

"Now which cruise was that? Was that the third one on Summit?"

"No that was the second one on Adventure of the Seas." "I'm sure we've only done on Adventure."

"No, I'm sure we've done two."

"Oh you must be thinking of Navigator."

"Oh, maybe I am."

:D

We had that sort of conversation recently trying to count up how many cruises we had done, my wife could not agree that we had cruised the Solstice as many times as we had until she saw the signature block.

Despite missing two cruises, apparently she was still right.;p

I use ShipMate. It's in the App Store. All you need is the sail date and ship (I too have saved all my key cards). You plug that in and it not only populates the detail and saves the info, there are a lot of other cool features. It will even let you enter cruises on ships that have retired

One feature I like is a spot to take 6 photos of the cabin and save for each sailing. There is also a chat and a roll call section, if one is interested in that.

I don't think the ability to add retired ships survived the interface update from a few months ago. The ability to add missing itineraries is also gone. If either option is still available, I can't find them. I had previously used both.

At the moment I simply rely on my signature here as a reminder. If and when we are able to cruise more often (I wish) I think I'll have to look at another method. Of course another way I remember is by the photos we've taken. They're listed under each cruise and date.

I don't think the ability to add retired ships survived the interface update from a few months ago. The ability to add missing itineraries is also gone. If either option is still available, I can't find them. I had previously used both.

I believe Celebrity Mercury, Century, RCCL Splendor are still there. I'll check.

At the moment I simply rely on my signature here as a reminder. If and when we are able to cruise more often (I wish) I think I'll have to look at another method. Of course another way I remember is by the photos we've taken. They're listed under each cruise and date.

I do the same. Unfortunately space is very limited. I am running out of it even though I am just listing ships we sailed on, forget itineraries.

Oh, you may be right, I haven't needed it in some time. Glad I got all my history entered on the old version, then, because it is still there, even tho it appears as slightly greyed out.

You could also opt out of appearing on the chat / roll call feature on the old version, cannot find that now.

It's still a good tracker, which is what I use it for.

I do the same. Unfortunately space is very limited. I am running out of it even though I am just listing ships we sailed on, forget itineraries.

You can always just tick the box so your sig block doesn't appear when you post. That way you have the record on your profile and room doesn't matter.

Limit is not on post size, but on signature size. It doesn't let to create a signature more than certain number of characters

By the look of it my sig block would be about 3 times the size of yours at the moment as I have a list of cruises and other details as well.

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is a few months old, but I was wondering if any of you can help me with something... I have been using cruise-ships.com to track my cruises in my CC signature for years. After returning from a cruise in September, I tried to add it to my list, but I can't get it to work. When I click on "add a trip" I can add the cruise line, but the drop down lists for cruise ship, sail date, and destination remained grayed out and won't let me select anything. The only other button that works is cancel! I have tried on Chrome, IE, and Firefox many times over the last 2 months and it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem or have a suggestion on how to add a new cruise to my list??

I know this thread is a few months old, but I was wondering if any of you can help me with something... I have been using cruise-ships.com to track my cruises in my CC signature for years. After returning from a cruise in September, I tried to add it to my list, but I can't get it to work. When I click on "add a trip" I can add the cruise line, but the drop down lists for cruise ship, sail date, and destination remained grayed out and won't let me select anything. The only other button that works is cancel! I have tried on Chrome, IE, and Firefox many times over the last 2 months and it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem or have a suggestion on how to add a new cruise to my list??
Looks the the site is defunct. The domain is for sale.

Looks the the site is defunct. The domain is for sale.

Oh no! Really?? That's a bummer :( I liked having the tracker in my signature and was looking forward to greatly increasing my port count between my last and my upcoming cruises. Does anyone know if there is another website that offers a similar tool?

Oh no! Really?? That's a bummer :( I liked having the tracker in my signature and was looking forward to greatly increasing my port count between my last and my upcoming cruises. Does anyone know if there is another website that offers a similar tool?
Looks like I was making the same mistake as someone easier in the thread, and going to cruise-ship.com (which is for sale) instead of cruise-ships.com (which isn't for sale). Sorry to scare you. Not sure why it isn't letting you add your recent cruise.

Looks like I was making the same mistake as someone easier in the thread, and going to cruise-ship.com (which is for sale) instead of cruise-ships.com (which isn't for sale). Sorry to scare you. Not sure why it isn't letting you add your recent cruise.

haha whoops!! Thanks for letting me know the error though! I did send their tech support an email last week, but I never got a reply, so it wouldn't have surprised me if the site was shut down! Now I just assume it's because their employees don't read their emails :confused:

haha whoops!! Thanks for letting me know the error though! I did send their tech support an email last week, but I never got a reply, so it wouldn't have surprised me if the site was shut down! Now I just assume it's because their employees don't read their emails :confused:
Had been quite a while since I'd tried using the site. Getting the same results as you trying to add a trip. Something is definitely amiss.