Anyone used the Club Class Dining aboard Princess ships?

CruisingMemories

Hello cruisers,

Looking for some input into the Club class dining offered for suite guests. Anyone been and if yes, can you share your experience. How was the dress code in this dining area? Any comments are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

There's numerous threads about this here. A quick search brings them up.

In general, the consensus from those who've dine Club Class dining is that they loved it, and will book again if possible in the future. Dress code is the same as regular MDR, as is the menu, with the addition of one or two extra dishes each night such as a pasta prepared table side or such. The best part seems to be the no wait and the extra bit of space between tables....

Overall, positive reviews from those who have done it.

Enjoy..

In general, the consensus from those who've dine Club Class dining is that they loved it, and will book again if possible in the future. Dress code is the same as regular MDR, as is the menu, with the addition of one or two extra dishes each night such as a pasta prepared table side or such. The best part seems to be the no wait and the extra bit of space between tables....

Enjoy..

Yep and Yep and Yep

Enjoy..

Thank you for the information...

We utilized it on our last cruise. We had an upsell to a suite and so we tried it. It was great not having to wait for a table and the table for two that we were shown to for the cruise was along a wall so we were not sitting cheek to cheek. I didn't really notice a difference in the food because I had nothing to compare it to but the quality and selection seemed to be on par with the MDR. Nice, yes. Worth the difference in price between a regular mini and a club class mini, no (IMHO).

Do they have tables for 2 with that extra space in Club Class?????

Yes, according to reports, the tables are mainly two tops with a few four tops and there's a bit of extra space between all the tables in comparison to the regular MDR. They can be put together to make 6 or 8 tops if needed, but not commonly needed.

We paid for it on our cruise on the Emerald Princess in January and loved it so much that we have booked Club Class again on our next cruise with Princess. The reason we enjoyed it so much was that we enjoyed eating in the smaller area of the dining room, there were loads of tables for two, we could eat our breakfast and lunch if we desired in that same dining area and best of all we could go anytime for dinner from 6pm onwards and always get a table. Every meal, including breakfast, the Head Waiter would make something special that wasn't on the menu.

We also got to know other Club Class cruisers as our dining room was very friendly and even though we were at a table for two along the wall, we could talk to couples on either side of us. We thought it was a great way to dine.

As far as dress code was concerned, it was the same in our part of the dining room as in all the other dining rooms, formal wear for formal nights, informal wear on those other nights.

We have cruised on Celebrity a couple of times and we have always paid to be in Aqua Class. I believe that Princess is creating the Club Mini Class to be more like Aqua Class or Princess/Queens Grill on Cunard which we have also used.

Jennie

On our first princess cruise in April we had cc dining. The menu is the same as the mdr, except there are special appetizers and entrees each night that the waiter will offer and something special was always being prepared out in the club dining area by the head waiter. There was no actual tableside preparation. We enjoyed all of our meals, but I suspect we'd have enjoyed it the same in the mdr.

That being said, if we didn't have cc we would do anytime dining as we don't keep a schedule on vacation and many times we weren't hungry at the set dining times we'd have had in the mdr.

We always had a table for two, but enjoyed visiting with our neighbors.

We loved Club Class! It was really nice just to walk up anytime in the MDR and be seated. They had all different sized tables on the Coral Princess (May 20-27) The tables were never full and most of the time we were able to sit at a window. They would put (3) 2 top tables close together and you could visit with other passengers if you wanted to. We dressed like you would to go out to eat at night at a nicer restaurant. Just a nice top and slacks. Husband wore khakis and a collared shirt. We had a full suite and were able to go Sabatini's for breakfast...it was awesome. But with the mini-suites you do have Club Class for breakfast and lunch in the MDR.

Just an observation from our last cruise: It seems odd to me to have an entire side entrance to the MDR dedicated to a relatively small population of Club Class passengers while the other side experiences a long line extending into the atrium awaiting entry to "Anytime Dining". If Princess wishes to create class-based cruising they should do it without denigrating the experience for the steerage class.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Just an observation from our last cruise: It seems odd to me to have an entire side entrance to the MDR dedicated to a relatively small population of Club Class passengers while the other side experiences a long line extending into the atrium awaiting entry to "Anytime Dining". If Princess wishes to create class-based cruising they should do it without denigrating the experience for the steerage class.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Only one entrance to dining room has ever been used. A separate entrance to Club Class would only make any line shorter.

We just did Club Class on both the Island and the Star, We loved it.

We ate dinner between 6:00 and 7:00 most days and the anytime dining room was never full. The only wait for anytime diners was to be shown to their tables.

We did breakfast at Sabatini's on the Island and in Club Class on the Star. The only difference was no included mimosas or specialty coffees in Club Class,

We will take advantage of Club Class whenever we can.

We were thoroughly impressed with Club Class. Ordered the special entree most nights and OH BOY were they amazing.

I was expecting a table-side cooked pasta, but was completely wrong. Every night was a spin on one of the mains in the dining room, the night they had shrimp, we had HUGE scallops, with polenta (who knew corn grits could be so decedent? RAVE). Another night, main had sirloin steak, while we received New York strip. Every single night was an amazing surprise. One time our food and beverage supervisor Nicola, had planned an entree, but the protein wasn't up to his standard, so was changed after ordering. Everything was cooked to perfection, hot foods HOT, cold foods ICY.

Our smallest whim was immediately addressed. One night I wanted the brussel sprouts from a different entree as my appetizer. Nicola had the servers bring fresh brussel sprouts and cooked them for me, another night I wanted extra asparagus. Same situation.

We used to go to the crown grill several times during the cruise, now we only go to the free suite one on the first night as the club class dining was so impressive.

Don't get me wrong, I felt like an impostor. We are working class, but since we discovered the window suites, those are cheaper than most mini-suites, with 1 1/2 times the size, and 3 times the size of a standard inside or oceanview, no balcony, but I'd rather have the space inside. We travel with at least one of our adult children (next cruise has both of them, I guess we'll figure out the sleeping arrangements).

I burst the zipper on my dress on a formal night, moments after we were seated, never felt more redneck. Nylon side zipper, you know how easy they pop. Ate dinner, with a napkin tucked into my underarm. Returned the napkin after going back to the room and easily popping the zipper back. What's strange is the dress was looser than it's been in years, I guess when I picked up my dropped napkin it was the wrong angle.

But I'm getting off track. Club Class, LOVE IT. Then again, I'd sleep in a crew members closet to get on a ship!

We ate in Club Class on the Star last week. Dress code was the same as the rest of the dining room and this being Alaska it meant some sweat shirts for some diners at night. We aren't fussy so we weren't bothered. I have to say this is the quickest way to get through the whole dining experience. We were able to get through our dinner in an hour. Very good service, and they were making Caesar Salads to order plus they had a non- published entrée or pasta available to order. Definitely nice if you want to experience the dining room but don't want to commit two hours to the dining experience.

We just booked our first Club Class Mini for our upcoming Emerald Princess Thanksgiving Cruise.

I had a few questions for those that have done this recently:

1) What time approx is breakfast served? Do they offer something unique for breakfast as well?

2) My wife does not eat processed sugar, so no desserts, pastries, sweet stuff etc. Can she order sliced fresh fruit at the beginning of the cruise and have it brought for dessert every night without further asking?

3) We like to eat dinner as early as possible. Do you need to reserve a table for 2 or can we just show up at opening time? And is that opening time usually around 6pm?

4) sometimes my wife is not hungry for dinner. I, on the other hand, am hungry at all times on cruise ships. Would it be a problem for me to eat alone or join another group for a quick meal in the Club Class area?

Thanks in advance!! We are definitely looking forward to it and from the suggestions here, I for one will order the "Special Entree" every night! - Curt.

We just booked our first Club Class Mini for our upcoming Emerald Princess Thanksgiving Cruise.

I had a few questions for those that have done this recently:

I recently returned from an Alaska cruise round-trip from San Francisco on the Grand.

1) What time approx is breakfast served? Do they offer something unique for breakfast as well?

The times for breakfast are the same as in the MDR. I don't know what they offer for breakfast, since I only ate there on disembarkation morning.

2) My wife does not eat processed sugar, so no desserts, pastries, sweet stuff etc. Can she order sliced fresh fruit at the beginning of the cruise and have it brought for dessert every night without further asking?

This should not be a problem. As in the MDR, anyone with dietary constraints should speak with the head waiter - not with the waiter. The head waiter will know what deserts meet her restrictions. The only advantage of Club Class in this case is that the head waiter is dealing with a much lower number of passengers so it will be easier for him to arrange.

3) We like to eat dinner as early as possible. Do you need to reserve a table for 2 or can we just show up at opening time? And is that opening time usually around 6pm?

You do not need to make a reservation in Club Class - that's its main advantage. You can show up anytime and get a table for two without waiting. They will ask whether or not you want to share. After a couple of days, they will no longer ask - they will remember what you told them before. The opening time is the same as the anytime MDR, around 5:30 pm.

4) sometimes my wife is not hungry for dinner. I, on the other hand, am hungry at all times on cruise ships. Would it be a problem for me to eat alone or join another group for a quick meal in the Club Class area?

You would have no problem eating alone in Club Class if that is what you want.

One of the few problems with Club Class is that if you want to share you may not be able to. Because there are so few people in Club Class and because many of them are not sharing, there is not always a sharing table available. DW and I usually asked to share, but sometimes we were the only ones at the sharing table (table for eight). We did share with the same people many nights - almost like traditional dining - since so few of us asked for a sharing table. Because of this, I ate in the main anytime MDR on the one night that DW did not want to go to dinner - I could be guaranteed a sharing table there and I did not want to eat by myself.

Thanks in advance!! We are definitely looking forward to it and from the suggestions here, I for one will order the "Special Entree" every night! - Curt.

Some nights I ordered the special entrée and some nights I didn't - it depended on the choices. Whenever they had a special pasta, I ordered it but usually as a small appetizer portion before my entrée.