Decent jogging track and walking area?

clementine01

I'm trying to decide between the Summit, the Equinox, and the Silhouette. From studying the deck plans, it appears that the Silhouette MIGHT have space to walk at least half way around the boat on Deck 5 where the lifeboats hang, but I can't tell for sure. Is this accurate?

Do either the Equinox or the Summit have an outside place to stroll, with lounge chairs to sit and read or nap?

I'm not referring to jogging tracks. We are older and want an open place to walk and relax without interfering with the joggers' domain.

Thank you for any light you can shed on these 3 ships.

The Equinox and Silhouette are both S-class ships; on Deck 5 of the S-class ships, you can walk virtually all the way around the deck, but on much of the deck, your view of the ocean will be blocked by the lifeboats. This picture is from the Eclipse, another of their sister S-class ships. I totally love the S-class ships, but the lack of a true promenade deck is one of their few negatives for me.

EclipseTA457_01.jpg

I've sailed on one of the Summit's sister ships, the Infinity, and the view on the "promenade" deck is not blocked by lifeboats as it is on the newer ships.

Just want to clarify a bit further. To go the whole way around the ship on Deck 5 outside you do have to go inside briefly and cross over to the other side both near the auditorium entry in front and behind the gelateria area in the back.

The outside deck doesn't go truly the whole way around outside because the Tuscan restaurant occupies the aft of the ship at Deck 5 and the auditorium occupies the front.

It really isn't much of an inconvenience to just scoot through the doors to cross over to the other side.

We are Half Marathoners. The running track on all the Celebrity ship is not worth a hoot. You have to weave thru people in deck loungers, walkers, and smokers.

Or you can do what I used to do when I was more ambitious, get up about 5:30 AM and hit the deck then. There was virtually no one out there then except a few crew preparing lounge chairs for the day's activities. Plus, I used to see some beautiful sunrises too. Too bad I just don't have the energy any more.:(

We are Half Marathoners. The running track on all the Celebrity ship is not worth a hoot. You have to weave thru people in deck loungers, walkers, and smokers.

Totally agree. I played a little game called "let's dodge all the slow people/those not paying attention".

To the OP - All X ships have a similar deck set-up along the life boats. The photo above is of an S class ship, but M class set up is about the same.....you can walk almost the length of the ships but not around to the "other" side.

OP: if you are wanting a continuous path for walking [not running], you will find one or more stateroom decks that suit this purpose. Summit: deck 7 [you may have to cut through the forward elevator lobby]; Equinox and Silhouette: decks 7-8 [full loop]. My DW does this every night after dinner, and it works rain or shine [also gives a detailed picture of how smooth the ride would be in cabins located in different parts of the ship!]

Or you can do what I used to do when I was more ambitious, get up about 5:30 AM and hit the deck then. There was virtually no one out there then except a few crew preparing lounge chairs for the day's activities. Plus, I used to see some beautiful sunrises too. Too bad I just don't have the energy any more.:(

Shhh...you're giving my secrete away.:D

My husband and I ran on Deck 11 on Summit at 5:30-6 am. Most days it was just us. And yes the sunrises are great. Any later than that we found people just barely strolling right in the middle of the jogging lane...very inconsiderate. We also made good use of the excellent fitness center...again we were there by 7am.

My husband and I ran on Deck 11 on Summit at 5:30-6 am. Most days it was just us. And yes the sunrises are great. Any later than that we found people just barely strolling right in the middle of the jogging lane...very inconsiderate. We also made good use of the excellent fitness center...again we were there by 7am.

I didn't realise it was a running track, if it was I doubt it would be used too much, I imagine very few people who cruise Celebrity are up to running.

I didn't realise it was a running track, if it was I doubt it would be used too much, I imagine very few people who cruise Celebrity are up to running.

Why would you imagine very few people that cruise Celebrity are up to running? You just might be surprised just how many of us Celebrity cruisers are speed walking, running, jogging or just walking the track in the morning.

I was wondering about that comment too. Plenty of people on cruises jog, fast walk etcetera. They are not all liquored up sloths who lay around waiting for their next drink or meal.

Guess I'm just a sloth then.

I've seen very people running/jogging on the cruises I've been on.

My comment related to the fact that, in general the cruise crowd is older and therefore less likely to jog.

Guess I'm just a sloth then.

I've seen very people running/jogging on the cruises I've been on.

My comment related to the fact that, in general the cruise crowd is older and therefore less likely to jog.

The only reason I questioned your statement in your OP was you said "I imagine...". But now you've changed it to "I've seen...".

Yes I am sure there are lots of people out there who find their knees cannot take the pounding from jogging as they age. I now find speed walking a better alternative for my joints

For years I ran 12-15 miles a week. In my late 50s, I moved to cycling to save my joints. After I started cycling, I lost some weight and my heart rate dropped from the 50s to the 40s. Now, I am almost 70 and do a mix of cycling and brisk walking.

On cruises, I like to use the fitness center during sea days. I usually do an hour on the stationary bike as well as other exercise. Also, sometimes DW and I will walk on the track above the pool deck for 30-40 minutes.

We exercise problably more than most. Do many Beachbody Workouts and pedal 20 miles or more a day on our bikes. When we cruise we take a break. We found that trying to workout on a ship doesn't do it and our bodies needs an occasional break.

If you need it run or walk and etc it may be best to plan on doing it in a port.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞