Tuscan Grill?

39august

Only the 2 dry aged steaks at the bottom of the menu had an upcharge on our December cruise, and they were not worth it IMO. I believe the * is to a disclaimer about ordering meat rare. There is also an * next to the tuna.

Only the 2 dry aged steaks at the bottom of the menu had an upcharge on our December cruise, and they were not worth it IMO. I believe the * is to a disclaimer about ordering meat rare. There is also an * next to the tuna.

You are correct about the * indicating a disclaimer about consuming rare meat and seafood. There are extra charge steaks, but there are also steaks included (most) in the cover charge.

There is a premium on the aged steaks. You are already paying a hefty price and there is an additional cost. We were not impressed with the new menu. The view around sunset is amazing. That was the highlight for us.

Just enjoyed the Tuscan Grill on the Summit. It was fantastic. There were 9 of us and we were treated to a feast. Carlos took care of us and we loved it. Aqua Class Blu was just OK. Good service, but a bit of a disappointment

If some suite guests can dine at Tuscan Grille at no charge, would they be charged for the aged steaks?

We were in the PH on the Summit last summer which includes free specialty dining and my husband ordered the up charge dry aged steak and we were charged the extra cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If some suite guests can dine at Tuscan Grille at no charge, would they be charged for the aged steaks?

Yes, PH Eclipse, extra charge...we expected it, just as if we ordered caviar in Murano's.

Gotta love the consistency of Celebrity.

I was in a Royal on Equinox last week and I wasn't charged for the dry aged new york. I was prepared and expected to pay for it, but we weren't charged. This was even after I expressed my disappointment that they removed the "half" size new york and now only have the huge one.

Thanks for the replies. We'll be in PH on Summit soon. I doubt X's cost difference between the regular and dry aged steak is $20. Maybe more like $5? Seems like the value of the up-charge is not worth it.

We also booked a PH as did a friend who just returned.

We were told he did not pay for any of these up-charges and his bill

on the last day was"0".

Thanks for the replies. We'll be in PH on Summit soon. I doubt X's cost difference between the regular and dry aged steak is $20. Maybe more like $5? Seems like the value of the up-charge is not worth it.

Sorry, but prime dry aged steaks are extremely expensive to source; not only is the dry-aging process expensive, but prime costs significantly more than choice (what is used for the included steaks at Tuscan Grille). A prime, dry aged steak at a land based restaurant in a large US city typically costs $65 to $70 - and that is just for the steak (i.e. no sides, appetizers, dessert, tax or gratuity included).

Free Specialty Dining no longer appears among the perks for the Suites on Celebrity's website. Has anyone booked a cruise in Suites without receiving free Specialty Dining?

Just looked and it is still listed on Celebrity's website; it only applies to top suites, not to Sky Suites or Celebrity Suites. If you look at the perks for a larger suite the websites states: "Unlimited dining in specialty restaurants."

My experience in the Penthouse on Summit was that I was charged the upcharge at Tuscan Grille for the dry-aged, prime porterhouse. Seems like people should expect to be charged for this, but that sometimes it is comped.

I was in a RS on Connie a few months ago and they made it clear that RS and PH had to pay the up-charge.

Can't remember what we ordered but my wife's steak (one of the up-charge items) was so poor we sent it back, and just shared my meal.

It was not the first time we were disappointed in a meal at Tuscan. We will not be eating there again, even if it were complimentary.

On the other hand, we found the steaks in Luminae to be outstanding.

Edited by Nachosdelux

Just looked and it is still listed on Celebrity's website; it only applies to top suites, not to Sky Suites or Celebrity Suites. If you look at the perks for a larger suite the websites states: "Unlimited dining in specialty restaurants."

My experience in the Penthouse on Summit was that I was charged the upcharge at Tuscan Grille for the dry-aged, prime porterhouse. Seems like people should expect to be charged for this, but that sometimes it is comped.

Thank you for posting info Gonzo:)