Grand Cayman Tender port- Reflection

BubbaLuvin

Hi. I know this may have been discussed before but I have no idea how a tendered port works. I will be on the Reflection and as of about a month ago there was only 1 other ship in port with us. Now there are 6 total! From what I read some people opt to say on the ship when that many other cruises are in port.

I really want to try and get to the Royal Palms. Can I make this happen with 6 ships in port? We are scheduled to be in port from 7 am till 3:30.

The number of other ships in port should not have a significant impact on your tendering. Where it does have an impact is at different locations on the island, especially the downtown or shopping area.

Ken

Oh I see. I was told it would be hard getting off the ship. This is good info.

We were on Silhouette with 6 ships in port in Grand Cayman. Each cruise line had a dedicated tender or 2 and discharge and pick up point in the port. If you do not have any status with Celebrity to get priority tender tickets you will need to pick up general tickets which I think are numbered. You will get a letter explaining this process. Celebrity was using 2 ships, one for general tendering and one for ships excursions. The ride to port was only about 5 minutes, takes longer to load up the tender.

As Ken said, the bigger impact will be the number of people in port.

We were on Silhouette with 6 ships in port in Grand Cayman. Each cruise line had a dedicated tender or 2 and discharge and pick up point in the port. If you do not have any status with Celebrity to get priority tender tickets you will need to pick up general tickets which I think are numbered. You will get a letter explaining this process. Celebrity was using 2 ships, one for general tendering and one for ships excursions. The ride to port was only about 5 minutes, takes longer to load up the tender.

As Ken said, the bigger impact will be the number of people in port.

TY! I had no idea.

Your strategy should be to get off the ship around 8 or so and make your way over to the Royal Palms - where you will likely have the place nearly to yourself for an hour or two. This is early as tender ports go, and it should not be hard to get a cab. On your return, I would start to leave no later than 2; as this is mid-day, you also should not have much trouble getting a cab back. Although it is only a ten minute or so ride back to the port, no reason to get stressed out. The last tender back to your ship will probably be at 3.

your strategy should be to get off the ship around 8 or so and make your way over to the royal palms - where you will likely have the place nearly to yourself for an hour or two. This is early as tender ports go, and it should not be hard to get a cab. On your return, i would start to leave no later than 2; as this is mid-day, you also should not have much trouble getting a cab back. Although it is only a ten minute or so ride back to the port, no reason to get stressed out. The last tender back to your ship will probably be at 3.

ty!!!!!

Just because the other 5 ships in port will not really make much difference doesn't mean you will get of ship quickly (or early)!!!

I haven't tendered in a long time (although next cruise we do have a tender in Europe), but I would say you would be lucky to be on shore within 2 hours of arrival.

Just because the other 5 ships in port will not really make much difference doesn't mean you will get of ship quickly (or early)!!!

I haven't tendered in a long time (although next cruise we do have a tender in Europe), but I would say you would be lucky to be on shore within 2 hours of arrival.

That's what I was curious about. And that's what I've been told. I was told it may take over 3 hours to get off the ship... eating a lot of the day. I'm not sure why it would take that long and that's what I'm trying to find out.

That's what I was curious about. And that's what I've been told. I was told it may take over 3 hours to get off the ship... eating a lot of the day. I'm not sure why it would take that long and that's what I'm trying to find out.

Is there a Celebrity tour that goes to Royal Palms? The pax on excursions are usually in the first groups getting off.

I've tendered in port a handful of times. I didn't keep notes on what the scheduled arrival time was and what time I got in port but every time I had an independent excursion scheduled that took up a majority of the day and had no issues making that. On a normal day they get the tenders flowing people off quickly and you just have to follow the instructions to get an early tender ticket and stand in line a bit. Now, of tenders get delayed due to rough seas, all bets are off the table. But if you are simply taxi-ing to a resort for the day I wouldn't stress about that. Chances are you will get plenty of time in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A couple of things - remember that Suites, Elites, and ship tours have priority tendering. Hopefully, you fall into suites or elites.

Secondly, Grand Cayman has a history of very rough water. I have been on Celebrity cruises that had very delayed tendering at Grand Cayman and were a lenghty drive from downtown.

Hopefully, you will make your time but just be prepared in case you don't.

When a ship has an early arrival like 7 am, if all goes well, getting a tender is easy, because folks leave over a few hours, from 7 to 10 or even later. When a ship gets in at 9 or 10am, everyone tries to get off at once, and that's the problem.

When a ship has an early arrival like 7 am, if all goes well, getting a tender is easy, because folks leave over a few hours, from 7 to 10 or even later. When a ship gets in at 9 or 10am, everyone tries to get off at once, and that's the problem.

This makes sense! TY

We were on Reflection in late Feb and had no problem getting off in Grand Cayman fairly early in the morning. I don't remember when we arrived at our anchorage but we were off and had walked (about 10-15 min) to the Eden Rock Dive Centre and were in the water snorkling by 9 a.m. And we have no special status with Celebrity.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you do have to wait then so be it. If the weather is bad so be it. I try not to worry about things ahead of time if I have no control over them. For me, I'm on vacation so try not to get too stressed over things out of my control. Have a great trip!!

On our Reflection cruise the open tender call started way after noon...we were just sitting down to lunch on board when it was announced.. seems it is.hard to predict sea conditions and timing..

On our Reflection cruise the open tender call started way after noon...we were just sitting down to lunch on board when it was announced.. seems it is.hard to predict sea conditions and timing..

We will have to make the best at whatever happens. We will make our own fun no matter what.

Used to hear all the time that Coco Cay can't have a dock due to the coral. Not sure that was the real reason, but one I heard.

I would think that the Cayman Islands could also build a dock too, but have their reasons for not at this point at least. I would suggest too, that long term, more tourists would get off the ship and those getting off the ship would stay ashore longer in general as less time needed to reboard the ship without having to spend time tendering which, IMHO, would at least provide the opportunity to spend more money.

It could take that long because of the number of passengers who want to go ashore.

However, there will be a notice of when and where to line up to get tender tickets. If you want to go ashore ASAP, then be on that line at least 15 minutes before the announced time the tickets will be handed out.