FlightEase - worked great for me

doubleduty

I recently booked flights through Hal's FlightEase after checking on line for flight costs for our cruise departing from Copenhagen in August, The flights I got through HAL are much better than the ones I found on line and are costing half as much. Just wanted to share in case others are considering using FlightEase.

I recently booked flights through Hal's FlightEase after checking on line for flight costs for our cruise departing from Copenhagen in August, The flights I got through HAL are much better than the ones I found on line and are costing half as much. Just wanted to share in case others are considering using FlightEase.

thanks. good to hear.

I'm still trying to see how to find the flights on the HAL website. So far, no luck and yes, I booked with HAL (for now).

HAL doesn't allow you to book or see flights on-lime. You have to go thru a PCC or HAL Rep. To get an idea of flights and pricing I go to the Princess website. Find a cruise with dates and port close to HAL cruise. When you click cruise details there will be a Flight Details tab on upper left corner.

That was a great price you got!

HAL doesn't allow you to book or see flights on-lime. You have to go thru a PCC or HAL Rep. To get an idea of flights and pricing I go to the Princess website. Find a cruise with dates and port close to HAL cruise. When you click cruise details there will be a Flight Details tab on upper left corner.

Thanks. For some reason, I thought if you booked with HAL you could see them. Great tip!

Has anyone who has booked through Flight ease not had their seating together? I am concerned the way it says they are not responsible for seating.

I recently booked through HAL. Once ticketed, I was able to go on the airlines website and reserve my seats.

I was thought I understood our PCC would book the seats and hopefully together.

That is correct but until final payment those seats are not guaranteed. Once ticketed I go to the airline site and make sure my seat is where it's supposed to be. On occasion it has been moved and I have been able to move it back!

I am looking at a future cruise with HAL, but have never cruised with them before. Not sure I understand the flight policy. Once I book a cruise, will I be able to look at the flight options online, or does a rep have to tell me the options on the phone? Thanks.

I am looking at a future cruise with HAL, but have never cruised with them before. Not sure I understand the flight policy. Once I book a cruise, will I be able to look at the flight options online, or does a rep have to tell me the options on the phone? Thanks.

See post #3 above

I've used them a couple of times - after paying for cruise fare you can then go on line and pick your airline, flight and seats. It made a big difference, because the equipment Delta flew had two seats then aisle, rather than three, which we prefer. I have heard that if you let the PCC do the booking you can wind up having to change rather than fly non-stop, and may not get seats together. Keeping full control of flight booking makes it worth paying for cruise up front - which is really no problem given today's low interest rates - pull it out of savings now.

Actually I was able to see many flight options online after booking my cruise. Your situation may have differed, but I did not have to talk to anyone.

Wow. I've never been able to see or pick the airline , flight dates etc via the USA HAL website. I've used flightease 4 times and have had to contact HAL each time.

Now I've never paid for my cruises in full before the due date.

I wonder if that is the reason?

thanks. good to hear.

I'm still trying to see how to find the flights on the HAL website. So far, no luck and yes, I booked with HAL (for now).

Flights are not on the website . Call Hal or your ta,and they will check hal, tell them your airport,date and they will check. We have saved several times , and especially on open jaw flights. Good luck

Terri

Actually I was able to see many flight options online after booking my cruise. Your situation may have differed, but I did not have to talk to anyone.

After booking? Without paying it in full? Whereabouts did you find it please?

I don't mind to call to finalize but I would like to see what is there first. Going to the U.S. Imposes delays and we need the right connection time.

I've used them a couple of times - after paying for cruise fare you can then go on line and pick your airline, flight and seats. It made a big difference, because the equipment Delta flew had two seats then aisle, rather than three, which we prefer. I have heard that if you let the PCC do the booking you can wind up having to change rather than fly non-stop, and may not get seats together. Keeping full control of flight booking makes it worth paying for cruise up front - which is really no problem given today's low interest rates - pull it out of savings now.

Umm, I don't think I am about to pay for my entire cruise 10+ months out - especially when there could be a change in the pricing once a promo comes off ;). And, it's not a cheap one ;)

I do like to book my flights early though (in fact, I already have my flight booked to return home with FF miles - if HAL's flights are that cheap, I can always cancel - but I have to wait on that one).

there are only x puddle hoppers out of here and only x premium seats on Air Canada Rough (aka Air Canada Rouge) so it's not always a good idea to wait too long ;)

Would be a good idea though if we hadn't booked so far out ;)

"HAL doesn't allow you to book or see flights on-lime. "

I have not found this to be the case. I've seen the flights and booked them. Also made seat selection, but after final payment.

I have not found this to be the case. I've seen the flights and booked them. Also made seat selection, but after final payment.

I have 2 cruises paid for. Where do I find Flight Ease flights, etc when I go to the website? I don't seem to be able to find anything

This is getting annoying. 😊. There are so many postings of 'yes you can' ; 'no you can't'.

I am one of the folks who cannot see them. No problem on Princess.

Those who can, is your booking managed by a PCC, TA, direct-booked by HAL call center, or solely by online booking?

I am so pleased by Princess I want the same availability with HAL.

Dennis

We booked our cruise a number of months ago through a TA, and also booked our flight through Flight Ease. As soon as it was booked, we received a confirmation number where we could go on the airline's website and select our seats. I just went to our account on HAL and it says "Your pre-cruise flight has already been booked through Holland America" and I'm able to see the details when I click on "View Itinerary". When I use the airline confirmation number I am able to determine we have the seats we selected when we first booked them. I hope this helps.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

We booked our cruise a number of months ago through a TA, and also booked our flight through Flight Ease. I hope this helps.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

So if I understand, your TA went thru FlightEase for you, or did you yourself do it online. I saw where TA's have access to Flightaease to create a booking. I understand after a booking is made I will have access. All I can see on HAL website is to CALL them to create a booking.

Dennis

I went online and found the routing we wished to take, then spoke with our TA who called Flight Ease and came back with some options. One was better than the others, so that's what we chose. Wed didn't use Flight Ease on our own and even when we used a PCC, they contacted Flight Ease for us, we didn't speak with them directly.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry