Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

No, you said that it (price drops) happens on all sailings GUARANTEED. I said that that is not true.

Biker, who has booked sailings inside final payment after price drops.

This.

It all depends on the occupancy level of the ship/sailing and more specific, the occupancy level of each category of cabins on the ship for the specific sailing. The more popular the cruise in 'prime time' cruise season, the less likely one will see smoking great deals after final payment.

For you to have saved $2000 on two cruises after final due date tells me one of the following, maybe a little of both:

1. Not a popular ship(s)

2. Not a popular itinerary(s)

3. Not a popular cruise date(s)

RCL discounted the prices to fill cabins. You bit which means you think it holds a value, therefore you got a deal. Good score. But this doesn't mean this happens on every sailing of every cruise, on every ship.

Enjoy your two cruises. Now we return to the RCL testing the waters of ripping off pregnant & religious cruisers.

Already done! Lol. Disney allows carry ons! An earlier poster said that Disney has no package (other than wine) but 22oz drafts are 4.74 and I always carry on 2 cases of my Miller lite. Disney allows carry on! My excuse......we need an extra empty back for purchases, right?

Disney's carry-ons policy is not unlimited. It is:

Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

you know, there are always a lot of posts regarding the price of drinks going up etc. Which may indeed be correct to some degree. But w/ packages, and even discounts on packages, plus bogo50 sales on the packages, alcohol pricing has actually not increased as much as we think.

There have been many posts accusing rcl of forcing people to buy packages, now i'm reading we are being forced to buy two packages... Meh. You're either going to drink or you're not.

well the non drinks package, pay per drink prices, have gone up substantially so that is correct to a high degree. Onboard prices go up, drinks packages go up making buying a package still more economical. Royal 2020:- "bottle of heineken $25, buy a drinks package for $100 per day and you can drink as many as you want." whilst people buy into this con they will get away from it.

+1

Not increased as much since the March 2015 40%+ drink price hike.

Reason for the increase back then was to encourage more package purchases. (According to bar staff onboard at the time)

Edited by icsys

Well now, here's the thing. This information from this official source reads like it was written by a corporate entity.

If you take chunks of that release verbatim and run a Google search, guess what. In all of the information on all of the Internet Google points you to only one place. This CC thread.

I ran it three times using three separate unique phrases. Only here.

Nice try. I'll wait to get concerned about this until I hear it from an identifiable official source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What makes you think every corporate memo is searchable by Google? Not every memo is a press release.

I just find it odd that 46x7 is 368 plus the auto grat...is a big deal....RCCL been sticking it to pre paid cruisers for a long time. I get it, most people book, make payments over time and maybe can't just purchase 3 weeks out when a deal pops up. But some here complaining about 368 are probably gonna see their same catagory be on the C&A "going going gone" on a Monday morning for much less then they paid.

I watch rates somewhat but not with the seriousness as others but I will say, the cabins we book seldom decrease in rate.

Still not sure what cabin pricing has to do with DX?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A woman can be newly pregnant. With Hipa laws, Royal can't ask her a thing. Now DH can enjoy his drink package.

Not true. Newly pregnant or up to 24 weeks, you still need a doctors note to sail.

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

Not true. Newly pregnant or up to 24 weeks, you still need a doctors note to sail.

Pregnancy

Royal Caribbean International cannot accept guests who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy by the beginning of, or at any time during the cruise or cruisetour. A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. The "Fit to Travel" note should be faxed to the Access Department at 1-954-628-9622. Please contact us at 1-866-592-7225 or at special_needs@rccl.com if you have already booked a cruise or cruisetour and do not meet this requirement.

If I was pregnant and decided to sail, RCI could not deny me boarding because they "think" I'm pregnant. Can you imagine the media fallout that would occur from them turning away women who they "think" are pregnant? What, are they gonna require you to pee on a stick before embarkation?

Can you imagine the media fallout that would occur from them turning away women who they "think" are pregnant?

Can you imagine the fallout if they do let some woman 7-8 months pregnant on a sailing, she has to deliver on the ship and something goes awry?

If I was pregnant and decided to sail, RCI could not deny me boarding because they "think" I'm pregnant. Can you imagine the media fallout that would occur from them turning away women who they "think" are pregnant? What, are they gonna require you to pee on a stick before embarkation?

That was not what that was in response to... If you self declare that you are pregnant to get out of paying for a second beverage package they could deny you boarding without a doctors note. May not be completely likely that they would link these two things- but possible.

No but what if you had complications with the pregnancy?

They obviously do it for a reason just like the airlines.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Half of you can't read or understand the written word. Many have put words in my mouth and this has snowballed into an avalanche.

DH and I would like to buy the Deluxe package

We travel with my BIL who doesn't drink because of medical reasons. He will gladly take an alcohol test.

We are linked.

He has his own cabin.

A poster said that all over 21 in same cabin OR those who are linked must buy the same package.

No one is sharing or cheating.

Don't some of you feel like asses now?

We will be bringing our support elephant on board in the future since no paperwork is required.:*:eek:

Last year I did in depth research on an MSC cruise. They required passengers with linked reservations to buy the same level drink package. They also offered two levels of drink packages for adults and children. If parents had, for example, the highest level drink package, they had to purchase the highest level package for their children.

On the other hand, MSC had low individual drink prices and offered drink vouchers in advance and onboard at around $4-$5 per drink.

(For the record, we didn't sail with them, but it had nothing to do with their drink politics and prices.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm pretty sure that poster would be wrong (about the linked part).

The linked comment was concerning MSC policies, that comment was then taken totally out of context by Ocean Dancer.