Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Some people just can't help themselves from screwing things up for other's :eek:

I agree. We both buy the package anyway, so it doesn't affect us, but will impact many cruisers.

Thank you cheaters!!:*:* Not only did you screw yourself, you screwed many other cruisers! :eek::eek::mad:

Finally, they figured out too many people are sharing, people like this are scum, sorry but its breaking the rules and it only hurts those such as myself who are honest and go by the rules.

Ajoneen, perhaps this is new and your one of the lucky ones to be able to choose different beverage packages, I assume there be a date where it will be mandatory, thanks for the cheap cheaters. Glad you got yours and you didn't have to pay for your husband.

It starts on or after Dec 31, 2017. You must book before then to avoid the new rules.

I read it to say "sailings" not book by :confused:

On my cruise planner for Anthem sailing in 7 days....it's already noted in the T&C's...doesn't apply to me so not sure how it would be handled for someone purchasing at this late date....I'd assume it wouldn't apply.

According to RoyalCaribbean.com, “Any guest wishing to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package must do so for all other guests 21 years and older in the same stateroom, for sailings on or after December 31st, 2017.” Previously, not everyone 21 years or older in a stateroom had to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package if one of their cabin mates did.

This change comes after a test program was run on their newest cruise ship, Harmony of the Seas. This policy change only affects the Deluxe Beverage Package and not any of the other drink packages offered by Royal Caribbean.

The reason for this change is due to passengers sharing drinks with those who did not purchase the package. The sharing of drinks is not allowed and all drink packages are for single guest use only.

Would really love to know where you got this on the RCCL site. It's interesting that they came out and SAID it was due to sharing since all of the "sharers" here on CC are SURE that's not the reason, and that what they do doesn't affect the rest of us.

Would really love to know where you got this on the RCCL site. It's interesting that they came out and SAID it was due to sharing since all of the "sharers" here on CC are SURE that's not the reason, and that what they do doesn't affect the rest of us.

I only read that to mean what Royal said is INSIDE the quotes? Not the rest of the wording...

Only in some pubs - 35ml is also common.

No, 25 is the law.

I asked when touring the distilleries, where they give you a taste at the end. But they have to pour 25. It is a required to keep their liquor license.

Yes, it's only what was written within the quotes. It's pretty obvious though that it's because of sharing (or wanting to make more money). Here is the link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-drink-package-products

NO, that would NEVER be the reason.

It will be interesting over 2018 if the number of drink packages sold goes up or down.

And what the rate of smuggling does. :D

So if you are diamond and you both buy drink package, what's the point of the free nightly drinks? Is that compensated in the price? This will be my first cruise as diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As if now there is no credit towards drink package as a Diamond member. It's unlimited in Diamond lounge between 5 and 830. They load 3 drinks per diamond member per day to be used anywhere on the ship except dining rooms and shows if you choose to not go to the diamond lounge...

Finally, they figured out too many people are sharing, people like this are scum, sorry but its breaking the rules and it only hurts those such as myself who are honest and go by the rules.

Ajoneen, perhaps this is new and your one of the lucky ones to be able to choose different beverage packages, I assume there be a date where it will be mandatory, thanks for the cheap cheaters. Glad you got yours and you didn't have to pay for your husband.

We sail 4-6 times a year and have since 2007 since we switched from Disney (twice a year with them from 99-07) and we were on one of the very first sailings (Majesty Jan 12) that the package was offered. I'm a biz owner in retail and consider myself very aware of my surroundings. I can't say I've seen "ravage sharing" of packages. Now I have seen more bartenders that may have received a incentive to over pour or miss pour a lot more often than people sharing drink packages. I'm sure many of you here with many sailings under your belts know what I'm talking about. I'd be curious of to how many actually purchase the package I'm always amazed that at day 3 I'm next to someone that didn't get package and they say "I should have" if there's 3000 people on a sailing and a third buy the package that 1000 or approximately 500 staterooms how many of those only want 1 package? 50? I paid 46 bucks a day on May Harmony sailing. That's 2300 a day they are "saving" in the overall scheme of things. I see more waste in the Buffett and dining room. Lol I think there something deeper here than sharing. Booze is cheep in Caribbean 750 ml gets you 25 1 1/2 oz shots/drinks. I can buy a bottle of crown for 12 bucks on the ship 50 cents a drink. I don't get the math as to why it's a big problem with "sharing". I don't think "sharing" is right, again I got package and she got soda pkg. Didn't have to I had a cup......we could make tea in out suite and put cubes in but it was the right thing to do. We get 6 Diamond drinks a night. I think they are going to automation down the road and sharing would run ramped them. Jmfo

Quick summary without reading all 700 posts.

This rule says - You must buy the drink package for all occupants of a cabin over 21 unless you meet a requirement that requires only a statement of fact not any documentation. Am I wrong in that the only thing this really achieves is thwarts an attempt to buy the package online? Or can you say online that you cabin mate meets such a criteria? Seems to me that if I wanted one drink package I would just buy it once on the ship.

Can you imagine a sign on the highway that said, SPEED LIMIT 65, unless you have an emergency, bought a fast car, or do not recognize the governments right to regulate your activity?

Quick summary without reading all 700 posts.

This rule says - You must buy the drink package for all occupants of a cabin over 21 unless you meet a requirement that requires only a statement of fact not any documentation. Am I wrong in that the only thing this really achieves is thwarts an attempt to buy the package online? Or can you say online that you cabin mate meets such a criteria? Seems to me that if I wanted one drink package I would just buy it once on the ship.

Can you imagine a sign on the highway that said, SPEED LIMIT 65, unless you have an emergency, bought a fast car, or do not recognize the governments right to regulate your activity?

I called and got the discounted rate for only me on our Next two bookings. Pretty painless, yes, just can't book online