WOW What a sale?

DW and I were just researching an April 2018 Harmony of the Seas, back to back 7 day cruises, similar to the ones we just completed in March of 2017. We found that the April 14th and 21st 2018 Harmony cruises, for a D2 (same category cabin as March 2017) came to a total of $9,526 compared to the cost of our 2017 cruise of $4,394. :confused: An increase of $5,132!! Could this be right, have cost gone up that much? Thinking that the RCCL web site may have issues, I contacted my TA and found that indeed, the pricing is what they received from RCCL as well. Holy smokes, I'm guessing it may be time to break out the camping gear. :loudcry:

All of the 2018 and 2019 cruises I've priced have been ridiculously overpriced, many were at $400/day or more. Figures, I finally reach 340 points where the single surcharge drops to 150% and the prices are still insane. Add to the prices the new deposit policy and cruising is not very appealing. I may not have a tent, but there are many other travel options I will be booking.

Because of pricing like that is the reason I am going on my first Oasis cruise in October. I wait till years after a new ship comes out when newer ships have come out before I will book because I find that the prices on the older version comes down at that point. I don't have to take a cruise on the newest and brightest ship when they first come out. I didn't sail on Freedom until Oasis & Allure came out and then Freedom prices went down significantly. :cool:

Because of pricing like that is the reason I am going on my first Oasis cruise in October. I wait till years after a new ship comes out when newer ships have come out before I will book because I find that the prices on the older version comes down at that point. I don't have to take a cruise on the newest and brightest ship when they first come out. I didn't sail on Freedom until Oasis & Allure came out and then Freedom prices went down significantly. :cool:

Agree. We have Oasis booked for January and October 2018 and the cost is no where what the Harmony prices are.

All of the 2018 and 2019 cruises I've priced have been ridiculously overpriced, many were at $400/day or more. Figures, I finally reach 340 points where the single surcharge drops to 150% and the prices are still insane. Add to the prices the new deposit policy and cruising is not very appealing. I may not have a tent, but there are many other travel options I will be booking.

Book early, 1st day, it'll be the cheapest you'll see!... a popular sentiment I've disagreed with for years here on CC. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Those prices have to drop... they are in Oceania and Azamara territory....

Or do they have to drop? What if the sailings sell decently with non-refundable deposits with many cruisers waiting for price drops along the way, but price drops never come? :confused:

Agree. We have Oasis booked for January and October 2018 and the cost is no where what the Harmony prices are.

Sailed on Sovereign, Majesty, Grandeur, Voyager and Explorer 1st yr they were out, yes you pay a premium. But Oasis class hold their high prices for few yrs before they drop but still don't drop like other ships did. They still have higher prices then other classes did after certain period. Then demand these ships have combined with Spring Break Mar/Apr not surprising higher prices.

DW and I were just researching an April 2018 Harmony of the Seas, back to back 7 day cruises, similar to the ones we just completed in March of 2017. We found that the April 14th and 21st 2018 Harmony cruises, for a D2 (same category cabin as March 2017) came to a total of $9,526 compared to the cost of our 2017 cruise of $4,394. :confused: An increase of $5,132!!

Holy smokes, I'm guessing it may be time to break out the camping gear. :loudcry:

I just checked pricing for these dates on the website of the TA I use and for D2s the 4/14/18 price is $1209 per person + $118.92 Tax = $2655.84 .. the 4/21/18 D2 price is $1349 per person + $99.92 Tax = $2895.84 Total $5551.

You may want to shop around.

DW and I were just researching an April 2018 Harmony of the Seas, back to back 7 day cruises, similar to the ones we just completed in March of 2017. We found that the April 14th and 21st 2018 Harmony cruises, for a D2 (same category cabin as March 2017) came to a total of $9,526 compared to the cost of our 2017 cruise of $4,394. :confused: An increase of $5,132!! Could this be right, have cost gone up that much? Thinking that the RCCL web site may have issues, I contacted my TA and found that indeed, the pricing is what they received from RCCL as well. Holy smokes, I'm guessing it may be time to break out the camping gear. :loudcry:

The best pricing is when the new schedules come out. I booked 3 cabins on Allure for a family of 9 and for 3 CP balconies together & I paid less than $9k. This is on Easter week '18 and includes 30/30 promo & D balcony discounts. I remember the Harmony pricing for the same week and they were a bit higher, but nowhere near your quote.

I booked 6 Boardwalk Balconies---2i, for April 14, 2019 Harmony while on our March 2017 Oasis cruise. With 30% off, maycation promotion, and OBC we are paying roughly $ 1,700 per cabin. Price has jumped big time since the couple weeks prior to us have sold out.

I just checked pricing for these dates on the website of the TA I use and for D2s the 4/14/18 price is $1209 per person + $118.92 Tax = $2655.84 .. the 4/21/18 D2 price is $1349 per person + $99.92 Tax = $2895.84 Total $5551.

You may want to shop around.

I just did another mock booking on RCCL and got the following: Apr 14th, D2, cabin 8202, 2 people $4814.32; Apr 21, D2, cabin 7596, 2 people $4451.36 for a total of $9265.68. If you have a TA that can get those same cabin category for $3714.68 less, I would love to get their info!! :D

Not sure where the OP was doing the searching but I see $2048pp ($4314 total with taxes at the NRD rate) for a D2 on the 4/14/1`8 sailing and $1899 pp for the 4/21/18 sailing.

I've got screen shots of my searches but can't figure out how to get them posted.

Your looking at a very expensive week. Change your search for a D2 cabin in March or May and the price drops to just over 5000.00 total for both legs of the trip.

Your looking at a very expensive week. Change your search for a D2 cabin in March or May and the price drops to just over 5000.00 total for both legs of the trip.

Here is the screen shot that I get for Mar 24th, 2018, 7 days for a D2 cabin. Sorry, it just won't post. It shows a price of $5010 for just the one week. My DW tried it from another computer and got the exact same pricing. Don't know why we are getting such different pricing.

Here is the screen shot that I get for Mar 24th, 2018, 7 days for a D2 cabin. Sorry, it just won't post. It shows a price of $5010 for just the one week. My DW tried it from another computer and got the exact same pricing. Don't know why we are getting such different pricing.

same thing I got with the refundable fare. Non refundable was just under $4500.

Bill

I got very lucky when Harmony was first released in June 2015 for a cruise March 2017. Four Boardwalk Balcony cabins last ones aft on deck #9 all right next to each other for our extended family of 10...original booking price $8778.00 and then because RCI didn't include HOTS on some specials I ended up getting it for even less. :'):')

We found out after booking that the Abyss was going to obstruct some of our views... Was that a deal breaker ..... No not at that price :D

same thing I got with the refundable fare. Non refundable was just under $4500.

Bill

And even the $4500 is outrageous. That's over $642 a day. As I said from he beginning, WOW what a sale!

I got very lucky when Harmony was first released in June 2015 for a cruise March 2017. Four Boardwalk Balcony cabins last ones aft on deck #9 all right next to each other for our extended family of 10...original booking price $8778.00 and then because RCI didn't include HOTS on some specials I ended up getting it for even less. :'):')

We found out after booking that the Abyss was going to obstruct some of our views... Was that a deal breaker ..... No not at that price :D

We did the same thing: booked the Harmony for March 2017, 14 days, first 7 days $2107, second 7 days $2287: total for 14 days $4394!

How often does Royal run Kids Sail Free? That seemed to be a really solid sale! The pricing right now seems ridiculously high.

In the past, once or twice a year. No set time period.

In the past, once or twice a year. No set time period.

Would you say they consistently seem to have it every year? I'm contemplating waiting to book until Kids Sail Free comes around again.

Would you say they consistently seem to have it every year? I'm contemplating waiting to book until Kids Sail Free comes around again.

I've seen it at least 3 times since May 2014.

By the way, if you are booking under US/Canadian rules, you can book now and get a price drop if a promo comes along that lowers your price before final payment date.

I don't know how consistently they have it but they just have it but my niece is on the Oasis sailing we are on next April and she took advantage of the kids sale free promo on 6/4/17.

Bill