Possible to get additional room when onboard

mcollazo

We have a cabin for 4 people, 3 adults, 1 child. Has anyone been onboard and requested an additional room? We are wondering, if the quarters are too tight, if we should get an additional room and having 2 people in each instead. We have a balcony now and it wouldn't matter what the other room is. Sailing on 7/16.

We have a cabin for 4 people, 3 adults, 1 child. Has anyone been onboard and requested an additional room? We are wondering, if the quarters are too tight, if we should get an additional room and having 2 people in each instead. We have a balcony now and it wouldn't matter what the other room is. Sailing on 7/16.

Most of the ships sail full. I would book an inside room near your balcony room because 4 in any room is tight. It's especially nice to have the 2nd bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most sailings sail full these days. And in the event they do end up with an empty room they will still tell you they are full because they want to hold it open in the event they have to move someone over a maintenance issue. I wouldn't expect it to be a possibility, if you decide you want two rooms you should do that ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're not sure if it'll be tight, it will be. Although The age and size of you will determine how tight. We board The Pearl tomorrow and have 4 in a balcony. My two daughters are 13&15 and slim, so no biggy. Our travelling companions are in an inside and their kids are tall and well built, as are they. They'll be squashed.

It will be very tight and uncomfortable to have 4 people in a room.

No. Cruise lines do not offer upgrades or additional rooms onboard. They will always post signs that the ship is full (even if it isn't) and that no room changes are being accommodated. There is no benefit to having hundreds of people standing in a line hoping to get better rooms.

Plus, at time of sailing, only the rooms other people didn't want (less desirable rooms) will be open. Maybe a nice room over the laundry that runs 24/7. Or a room under the gym with pounding treadmills starting at 6 am.

If you're not sure if it'll be tight, it will be. Although The age and size of you will determine how tight. We board The Pearl tomorrow and have 4 in a balcony. My two daughters are 13&15 and slim, so no biggy. Our travelling companions are in an inside and their kids are tall and well built, as are they. They'll be squashed.

Plus, I can't imagine the storage for 4 people. Those closets are small!

We did a mini-suite balcony room with 2 adults and 2 15 y/o boys. Yes it was crowded but it was totally fine. The next cruise we had two adjoining balconies and of course that was much nicer, but all four of us together was manageable. It helps to have that little extra room with the balcony!

Have you checked to see if there's a nearby inside cabin? If there is, then I'd jump on it if I were you. Four people in a cabin is tight for most folks, and you almost certainly wouldn't be able to purchase another cabin onboard. Having two bathrooms for four people, as opposed to one bathroom for four people, is a big factor.

It will be very tight and uncomfortable to have 4 people in a room.

No. Cruise lines do not offer upgrades or additional rooms onboard. They will always post signs that the ship is full (even if it isn't) and that no room changes are being accommodated. There is no benefit to having hundreds of people standing in a line hoping to get better rooms.

Plus, at time of sailing, only the rooms other people didn't want (less desirable rooms) will be open. Maybe a nice room over the laundry that runs 24/7. Or a room under the gym with pounding treadmills starting at 6 am.

I've done 4 people in a Balcony on the breakaway. It was totally fine (3rd and 4th sail free). Not uncomfortable at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a freebie? It doesn't happen. Book what you want before you sail and then you'll have exactly what you want and need.

OP, it's not clear whether you are sailing on NCL or X's Summit, but spacing for the balcony stateroom are bigger than those on the Breakaway ... both ships sailing out of the NY area.

There are dozens of video on YT you can preview, of various length to visualize your sleeping quarters. There will be converted, full-size day bed for sleeping by guest #3 ... and the 4th person (child or teen ??) will be on a dropdown pullman bed, typically over the daybed/sofa on the BA. There are still room to move around, everyone has their working definitions of what's tight & what is roomy.

As several others noted, whether it's at pier check-in and/or onboard the ship ... odds of getting an extra cabin, even if you are willing to pay, is slim to none to forgetabout it ... not going to happen. Unless you are a super VIP with titanium status, feel free to join the long line behind about 750 guests on the same sailing ... wondering about the same option. Sorry and apology in advance, odds are like winning a 3rd prize in a lottery ticket.

Are you looking for a freebie? It doesn't happen. Book what you want before you sail and then you'll have exactly what you want and need.
I didn't see where the OP was looking for a "freebie". Just an open cabin they could book.

We had 4 adults in a regular balcony cabin on the Escape.We had no problems. It is workable,there may be times you just ask someone to step out on the balcony for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk