Freedom

Sailed yesterday and already fed up with constant efforts at trying to sell us dining packages.twice at lunch today when we were eating and even polite no thankyous dont deter the efforts.Not great so far RCL and thats just one of my niggles ..Its been a while since we cruised RCL things have changed alot 😩

Its quite intrusive very different to our last RCL its also lacking in little touches very much a ship thats just going through the motions service wise I enjoy happy " good mornings" and smiling faves,lime in a G and T...Windjammer is manic and when we went to try breakfast at Leonardos this morning the Queue was to the lift��

Edited by dorisdoris1
spelling

Why not ask for 50% speciality restaurant discount and see if that will deter them,if not you have got a great deal.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Ask for BOGO or essentially the same as 50%. Has worked for us many times. Chefs table is worth it as in the Galley tour with brunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice...:rolleyes:

I've seen a lot of online communication areas where people think its acceptable to say W T F and those people wouldn't write it out and use that language. I guess F* yourself is acceptable for intelligent online conversation. I had a millennial tell me its ok, because its just slang. :confused:

But that begs a bigger question, why does the media feel like they have to blur out someone's middle finger on TV, but Simon Cowell can give us the bird for an tire episode of America's Got Talent, and they don't blur that?

I've seen a lot of online communication areas where people think its acceptable to say W T F and those people wouldn't write it out and use that language. I guess F* yourself is acceptable for intelligent online conversation. I had a millennial tell me its ok, because its just slang. :confused:

But that begs a bigger question, why does the media feel like they have to blur out someone's middle finger on TV, but Simon Cowell can give us the bird for an tire episode of America's Got Talent, and they don't blur that?

No need to swear just ask for a daft discount and free drinks and they either move on or give you a great deal.

Maybe you can bring a sign.

"Absolutely no hawking at this table!"

It is absolutely rude to interrupt somebody to hawk something - and I would sure tell them to take a hike....

I would also have the Maitre D come over and give him a stink to make sure they never come to our table again....if everybody would do that the practice would stop immediately - but everybody is sooooo polite and then comes to CC to complain about it!

BTW - I do not want any deal not 50% not 60% not 70% - I do not want to be hawked by these people...

How about......excuse me!

Did we give you permission to speak?

Are they doing it many times?

If so I want to make sure I raise such a stink.....they never return!

Have to be prepared these days!:rolleyes:

Putting the blame on the crew is the only way to stop the hawking!

Seriously, should anyone be spoken to that way? Those folks are just doing what they are instructed to do. Maybe, if you are that put out, you'd be better off taking it up with the management that instructs them on what they HAVE to do to keep their jobs. Blaming the crew accomplishes nothing. I'm quite sure if they had their way they would much rather not deal with you at all.:rolleyes:

Some people are so sensitive these day that can't be interrupted. I bet if those people are interdicted with a free cruise they will be happy lol

I just tell them " no thank you" and that's all even if I have to do it the whole week it won't bother me at all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every time I'm approached, I simply say "No. Thank you," and turn my attention back to whatever I was doing. I am always polite, and have yet to have anyone keep pushing once I say no. To the OP, I know how it is when something really bothers you on vacation. Soon, things that you normally wouldn't even notice begin to bother you as well. (This just happened to me at a hotel last weekend.) It has a snowball effect, and can serve to ruin a wonderful experience. I hope you're able to let it go and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

That was an accidental reply. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can edit your post for quite a while. I am not sure what the time is now, since the last website "update". Could be 15 minutes, 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Just look for the "edit" button under your post on the right.

I was on the Freedom and disliked being bother in the Windjammer, also the Royal Promenade was so filled with tables selling stuff it was difficult getting from one end to the other.

Seriously, should anyone be spoken to that way? Those folks are just doing what they are instructed to do. Maybe, if you are that put out, you'd be better off taking it up with the management that instructs them on what they HAVE to do to keep their jobs. Blaming the crew accomplishes nothing. I'm quite sure if they had their way they would much rather not deal with you at all.:rolleyes:

Actually we don't mind and they are always polite.

We have got some great specialty restaurant deals and would be disappointed if we weren't offered the deals.