Finally turned Diamond...

You will get a "gift" of cookies or strawberries during the cruise.

You will also have access to 24 consecutive hours of free wifi.

And when you post in the future if you mention that you are Diamond, count on someone being critical.

Enjoy the happy hour; we do!

One free 24-hour period of Surf internet per D member or $19.99 off any internet package is another. This allows you get creative with internet access, especially if you don't need Stream and don't mind skipping a day or two. You can get Surf for most of the cruise for very little $.

You just now turned Diamond?

I would have though you would be Pinnacle by now with almost 17000 posts.

And you don't know anything about Diamond perks?

Ah of course, I forgot status was linked to post count!

The poster could have sailed on other lines in the time they have been posting on the board, as their signature seems to verify

As far as the balcony and suite discounts, they don't count if you book with a "special deal." If you drink and want to mingle in the DL, you will have 3 hours to enjoy that perk. We are getting ready for dinner during this time period, so we hurry to the DL, get our glass of (cheap) wine and take it to dinner with us. It's usually too late to use our vouchers after dinner at any of the bars. We do enjoy the free photo and each of us gets one 24 hour period of internet.

Happy cruising! Oh and just because you're Diamond doesn't mean you have to strive for 100,00 posts on CC....these people must sleep with their computers!

Edited by ptf2009
spelling

What can I expect? What will be different compared to before I was Diamond?

Welcome Donna! In addtion to what Bob said, in some ports you get on the ship just a little faster if you get to the port before boarding officially starts.

Welcome Donna! In addtion to what Bob said, in some ports you get on the ship just a little faster if you get to the port before boarding officially starts.
Bill, does that also apply to non-diamonds travelling with you? I will reach diamond with my Alaska cruise tour in August and will be travelling with my mom and her partner in May for the TA out of San Juan on Jewel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You just now turned Diamond?

I would have though you would be Pinnacle by now with almost 17000 posts.

And you don't know anything about Diamond perks?

LOL I also cruise on other lines which doesn't add to C&A status, and I earned Diamond the hard way, one night at a time (no bonuses or double points). And, I have a lot of posts because I used to manage the CD thread and I am very chatty on roll calls.

I know about Diamond Perks from the standard RCI chart, but it is easier to understand when helpful people zero in on the main benefits to look out for.

I know about Diamond Perks from the standard RCI chart, but it is easier to understand when helpful people zero in on the main benefits to look out for.

That's a bit subjective since it depends on what you like. Some may write whole paragraphs about the greatness of the DL, but you'd rather hang out in a bar with friends who are not D and use your 3 coupons.

Bill, does that also apply to non-diamonds travelling with you? I will reach diamond with my Alaska cruise tour in August and will be travelling with my mom and her partner in May for the TA out of San Juan on Jewel.

With a small group, they will normally allow a party to stay together. If it was 2 Diamonds and 20 non-Diamonds, they would likely have a problem with that.;)

Y

And when you post in the future if you mention that you are Diamond, count on someone being critical.

Enjoy the happy hour; we do!

Good one, I had forgotten about the 1 free day of internet, I don't normally get the internet, but will use it on the last day of the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've heard it does, but can't confirm. Since becoming Diamond is has only been my wife and I boarding together and our cruise history is identical. We did board with Emerald Friends in San Juan last time, but we were both in Suites and boarded with them.

LOL I also cruise on other lines which doesn't add to C&A status, and I earned Diamond the hard way, one night at a time (no bonuses or double points). And, I have a lot of posts because I used to manage the CD thread and I am very chatty on roll calls.

I'm guilty of that as well I wouldn't even have seen that comment about your number of posts as that user is on my ignore list ;)