Suite Perks?

So much for the "new" RCI suite perks. Booked 12 days ago and have heard nothing.

"All guests booked in a Sea suite will receive:

8 days after booking: a welcome email"

This is from their Web site.

I don't recall getting a welcome email after booking and we stay in GS typically. We do get a letter from the Concierge about 4-8 days out from the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always stay in a GS or higher and I don't ever recall a welcome email either. Just the concierge a week or so before the cruise.

I don't recall getting a welcome email after booking and we stay in GS typically. We do get a letter from the Concierge about 4-8 days out from the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we are in a Crown Loft Suite on Aug 20th sailing of OS and did not get a welcome email. I will let everyone know if we get a letter/email 4-8 days out.

Even when staying in RS we don't get a welcome email. We hear from concierge normally around one week before the cruise.

I know RS on other ships in the fleet doesn't have sea/sky/star class but still. Never heard of anyone in Star class hearing anything until a week before either.

So much for the "new" RCI suite perks. Booked 12 days ago and have heard nothing.

Sea suite is a Junior Suite.

I think that they mean a booking invoice. :D :D :D

Not the first time that Royal's site has listed incorrect information.

It is listed under the FAQ section for Suite Class.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

8. WHAT EXCLUSIVE COMMUNICATIONS DOES A GUEST RECEIVE WHEN BOOKING THE ROYAL SUITE CLASS PROGRAM?

All guests booked in a Star suite will receive:

• 8 days after booking: a welcome email
  • 6 weeks before sailing: The Royal Genie will contact the guest and ask them to complete an important survey about the guests’ preferences. Based off the information provided, the Royal Genie will begin preparations to personalize your vacation accordingly.
  • 2 weeks before sailing: The Royal Genie will contact the guest to confirm arrival information via e-mail.
  • 10 days before sailing: The Royal Genie will invite the guest to download the Loop app – an exclusive Star messaging tool that allows fast, easy and convenient communication between the guest and their Royal Genie. Loop will be available from point of download until four days after the cruise.

All guests booked in a Sky suite will receive:

• 7 days prior to sailing: an email reminder. Additionally, Sky guests will receive an introductory email from an onboard Concierge.

All guests booked in a Sea suite will receive:

• 7 days prior to sailing: an email reminder

What ship did you book?

What ship did you book?

Ah,I see that it is Oasis on September 3.

Well, what did you expect in this welcome email that you are missing?

Over the years sailing in our suites we have gotten the concierge letter 7 out of 8 cruises.

The first cruise was the only one we did not get .

I will post when we get it this year.

We are SKY in a CL in two weeks.

Safe travels.

So, while on Harmony a few weeks ago, I used NextCruise to book a junior suite on Allure next year. A couple days later, after arriving home, I switched that reservation to a Crown Loft on Harmony. I did actually receive a welcome email to Sky class (6 days after the new booking). I didn't get one for the initial Sea class booking that I changed from (maybe because I changed it so quickly). I also can't speak to if I got one for my past suites, because I just don't recall if I did.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We also didn't receive the welcome email...I'm kinda wondering if you only get this "amenity" if you book directly with RCI. We booked with a TA and got our "welcome" from the agent, along with our invoice.

We also didn't receive the welcome email...I'm kinda wondering if you only get this "amenity" if you book directly with RCI. We booked with a TA and got our "welcome" from the agent, along with our invoice.

That should not matter, if the concierge is one to reach out to guests, booking with a TA should make no difference.

That should not matter, if the concierge is one to reach out to guests, booking with a TA should make no difference.

Based on the way the communication benefis are phrased for Star and Sky Class guests, I hadn't assumed that the welcome email was to be from the concierge (it doesn't say that in the FAQ). I had interpreted that it would be an automated email of some sort.

Based on the way the communication benefis are phrased for Star and Sky Class guests, I hadn't assumed that the welcome email was to be from the concierge (it doesn't say that in the FAQ). I had interpreted that it would be an automated email of some sort.

Well, knowing how Royal's email system has worked in the past, I would expect total inconsistency.

We've booked 4 Star Class Suites and have never received a "welcome email" although I cannot imagine what "perk" it would be even if we got it. We have always received the [useless] questionnaire and eventual contact from the Genie but the welcome email has never materialized. Not much of a loss, but if they've decided that it is too much trouble they need to remove it from the list of amenities.