How many of you remember crab legs on the buffet

Momma Mojito

I remember scallops being in the buffet on embarkation day for lunch ... loved those!! And then, they would have a seafood buffet towards the beginning of the cruise ... again, maybe even on embarkation day. There was always a really long line to get into the buffet area. There were crab legs, peel and eat shrimp and sometimes even lobster ... maybe more. I definitely miss that!!

I remember the seafood buffet on embarkation evening on our Emerald Princess cruises in 2007 and 2009. I also remember the wonderful seafood brunch they used to serve at Sabatini's before they started doing breakfast for suite passengers there.

Nope. First cruise was only in 2011. My wife loves crab but I don't care for it at all. Yep. I'm that guy. There has to be one. I'm also the guy who has never ordered Starbucks coffee. :p

They used to have that wonderful salmon lox but I guess they cut that too.

Really???

If true, Princess Cruises is really in a race for the bottom. It's laughable how they can expect to keep raising fares all the while continuing to make such a significant amount of cutbacks over the last few years.

To the OP...Yes. We remember (not that long ago) the seafood 'themed' buffet on 'Sail-Away Night'.

They used to have that wonderful salmon lox but I guess they cut that too.

I believe it is still on the dining room breakfast menu.

It also should be at the breakfast buffet. If you do not see it, ask and they will get you a plate of it.

It's like the " airline syndrome " except for the cruise industry. The airlines skimp on food and beverages to make just a few more $$.

Remove 1 olive from a salad buffet and save $150k a year. Small and unnoticiable at first but then you realize it too late.

My wife and I love Princess and have cruised many times but our last cruise left us with a "let down" feeling.

We booked the grand suite on the Grand Princess (L302?) port side deck 14. 1000 sq ft. Awesome suite but guess what? We had to press the issue and insisted on getting salmon lox and bagels with our breakfast order.

We're not snobs but we do know value and our opinion is the Princess is skimping slowly on its way to a lesser cruise line than it used to be. Oh yeah crab legs- no such item on west coast cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe it is still on the dining room breakfast menu.

It also should be at the breakfast buffet. If you do not see it, ask and they will get you a plate of it.

Lox is available every morning at the buffet and in the MDR. One evening at the buffet there is a cold seafood bar. It has crab, lobster, mussels, clams and oysters and all the stuff to go with it.

Lox is available every morning at the buffet and in the MDR. One evening at the buffet there is a cold seafood bar. It has crab, lobster, mussels, clams and oysters and all the stuff to go with it.

I like a small amount of salmon and capers for breakfast. This spring on the Coral my Brother who really enjoys the salmon etc asked the buffet servers for rolled portions of salmon and they gladly brought it to him.

Just off the Royal and one night the buffet had crabs legs. A huge pile of them in fact. I preferred the sautéed prawns!

Well, I guess once we board the Royal I'm going to have to find out just what night they will have them.:):):)

Carb legs in the DR. :hearteyes:

Too many people on low carb diets these days, so they had to jettison the carb legs. :cool:

We had snow crab legs at the buffet on Royal in June, and oysters at lunch (at least one day). We didn't eat lunch on board every day, so I don't know if it was a "more than one day" thing.

Review and photos coming soon. Still working on it.

I remember on our first Emerald cruise or two they use to have a big seafood buffet on the first night... lots of crab legs...

my favorite though was one night we choose to go to the buffet instead of the MDR on lobster tail night... in the buffet they were serving the lobster claws and crab legs.... they were so good and you could have all you wanted. The servers would also crack them for you... (I prefer lobster claws to tails!)