Should I cancel FNDR FOR Coastal Kitchen Fillet?

We are in a Suite for 8-20-17 Oasis sailing and have reserved FNDR. It seems Coastal Kitchen has the fillet only on the first night. Should I cancel FNDR and take advantage of Coastal fillet? Looking for advice from seasoned RCI cruisers!

Good question.

How much of a filet-mignon-lover are you?

*I* would eat in CK the first night. You will have to choose for yourself. ;) Free still beats $15.

Good question.

How much of a filet-mignon-lover are you?

*I* would eat in CK the first night. You will have to choose for yourself. ;) Free still beats $15.

A good fillet beats $15 every time. Given a few thumbs up on CK fillet I will be cancelling FNDR in a heartbeat.

If you want the filet with no upcharge then yes. It would be my luck that for some reason they would change the menus around. We always make resi's after boarding.

Side note, the other steak they have at other times is not very good. I don't think royal is using prime anywhere on the ship, so a filet is just that, a filet, most likely choice meat.

My daughter and husband loved the filet the first night. Another night we went to coastal kitchen and had checked the tv menu ahead and it read filet again, so my daughter wanted to go there (I think this was night 5). Unfortunately the tv menu shown was not correct, but our waiter happily found her a filet anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are in a GS do you need to make a reservation for CK?

I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but highly recommended if you want to show up at peak time, 6:30pm to 7:30pm.

I don't think it's absolutely necessary, but highly recommended if you want to show up at peak time, 6:30pm to 7:30pm.

On our cruise, they were actually full for 630. We ate at the Samba and the Concierge was glad we cancelled as he had a waiting list for our 630 time.

We are in a Suite for 8-20-17 Oasis sailing and have reserved FNDR. It seems Coastal Kitchen has the fillet only on the first night. Should I cancel FNDR and take advantage of Coastal fillet? Looking for advice from seasoned RCI cruisers!

We almost always eat in Coastal Kitchen the first night because of the filet. As far as quality, we are always happy...however, neither of us are demanding. You should also eat in CK on the second formal night because the lobster is good...we like their recipe.

We will be on board with you.

Lunch (probably a buffet) is good the first day in CK. It makes for a calm beginning of the cruise.

Gil and Gail

We almost always eat in Coastal Kitchen the first night because of the filet. As far as quality, we are always happy...however, neither of us are demanding. You should also eat in CK on the second formal night because the lobster is good...we like their recipe.

We will be on board with you.

Lunch (probably a buffet) is good the first day in CK. It makes for a calm beginning of the cruise.

Gil and Gail

The votes are in and I have cancelled FNDR and will go with CK! Thanks to everyone who supplied input. Hope to see you in CK Gil and Gail.

Gil and Gail

We also like lunch everyday in CK. Just don't care for the Windjammer on Oasis class ships. Harmony wasn't quite as bad as it was a tad larger.

We usually do FNDR in Chops, but I'm willing to try CK filet! We are not so fussy so I'm sure to take the advice of this board.

So there will be lunch in CK on Embarkation Day, it seems. Other Boards I've read, folks weren't sure.

Do the suites open prior to 1:00?

Thank you all.

We usually do FNDR in Chops' date=' but I'm willing to try CK filet! We are not so fussy so I'm sure to take the advice of this board.

So there will be lunch in CK on Embarkation Day, it seems. Other Boards I've read, folks weren't sure.

Thank you all.[/quote']

Suites do not open any earlier, (not sure if Star class gets their genie to get them past or not), but the whole floor is still locked up.

We usually do FNDR in Chops' date=' but I'm willing to try CK filet! We are not so fussy so I'm sure to take the advice of this board.

Thank you all.[/quote']

Lunch was served from a menu at the Coastal Kitchen on our 3 Oasis cruise this year on embarkation day.