Just got a call to upgrade from V2 to OS!

cpgrneyes

The availability of upgrades has not been publicised, well certainly not communicated to us. On the website it is marked as a new benefit so I've no idea when it was introduced, but we book CC suites and have never applied for an upgrade.

Although it is clearly now on the LCV benefits list the online form still states that CC suites and guarantee bookings are excluded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The availability of upgrades has not been publicised, well certainly not communicated to us. On the website it is marked as a new benefit so I've no idea when it was introduced, but we book CC suites and have never applied for an upgrade.

Although it is clearly now on the LCV benefits list the online form still states that CC suites and guarantee bookings are excluded.

The availability of upgrades from CC has been around for around six weeks. I first read about it in the LCV quarterly newsletter two quarters ago and I also received an email from Azamara informing me about it. Bonnie also notified Cruise Critic members on 4th August under the 'Upgrades' thread.

Maybe they asked all CC LCV members who had filled in the upgrade form, and no-one wanted to pay $2000. I don't think I would, as you get most of the same benefits in a CC suite. Although the large suites are lovely, the extra space wouldn't be worth that amount for me. Uktog said they were also called about this upgrade, but decided not to take it up.

It's not 1,000 per person, it's per stateroom

We have been offered LCV upgrades twice. The first from a balcony cabin to a CC suite via the $398 price and the second, again from a balcony, straight to a CO for $1000.

In both cases we had booked the cruises a LONG way out and had registered immediately for the LCV upgrade. We were Discoverer, but mainly through Celebrity points. We opted to take the upgrades both times as, with the prices Azamara charge for suites, we would never normally pay that price and the perks (such as free Speciality Dining, use of the pool area at the front etc) appealed to us.

The CO upgrade was way above what we would have normally paid for that cruise, which was a 7 day Med cruise. I would not pay it again for a short port-intensive cruise, as we didn't get to use the balcony nearly as much as we would on a longer cruise with more sea days. We are really not interested in in-room dining and made very little use of the butler, however the Best of the Best dinner was a truly memorable occasion.

I wouldn't hesitate to take the balcony to CC upgrade again and would be very tempted by the upgrade to the big suites, but only on a longer cruise with more sea days.

The availability of upgrades from CC has been around for around six weeks. I first read about it in the LCV quarterly newsletter two quarters ago and I also received an email from Azamara informing me about it. Bonnie also notified Cruise Critic members on 4th August under the 'Upgrades' thread.

Problem for us is that for some reason we only get occasional emails from Azamara, they have tried to sort out the problem on numerous occasions but we still miss the majority. Not had a news letter for about two years now, I try to remember to check the web site but time passes so fast these days.

Surely the T&C for upgrades for anyone booking a veranda should only be offered a Club Continent Suite. I have booked a CC on a different cruise and have applied for an upgrade - will I be overtaken by someone in a veranda??

Prior to the announcement a few weeks ago, there was no LCV upgrade available to those in CC suites. It seemed unfair to me that upgrades to corner suites were being offered to people in verandas but not to those in CC suites, so I suggested to Azamara that they change the LCV upgrade program to include CC suites. If someone is upgraded to a big suite from a CC suite that would open up a CC suite for an upgrade from a veranda. Good deal for all concerned, it seemed to me.

What I have seen is a $1500 upgrade fee to go from a veranda to a Club Ocean suite and a $2000 fee to go to a Club Owner's suite. Don't know what effect length of cruise might have on these fees. Have not yet seen an upgrade fee to go from a CC suite to one of the corner suites.

Problem for us is that for some reason we only get occasional emails from Azamara, they have tried to sort out the problem on numerous occasions but we still miss the majority. Not had a news letter for about two years now, I try to remember to check the web site but time passes so fast these days.

Hi Riocca,

yes, it does seem a long time you've been posting about not getting our e-mailings! Have you spoken with the UK office?

Our August LCV newsletter came out recently. Click on the link to see it.

It is a 'zmag'. To scroll up or down, use one finger. To magnify or shrink the page, use 2 fingers. (I only tell you because it took me awhile to figure out how to magnify the page to be able to read it!)

And today an email went out announcing that our two sister ships will meet up in Monte Carlo on 5/27/18 on our 4-night Grand Prix Weekend Voyage. #sistersmeet2018

It seemed unfair to me that upgrades to corner suites were being offered to people in verandas but not to those in CC suites, so I suggested to Azamara that they change the LCV upgrade program to include CC suites. If someone is upgraded to a big suite from a CC suite that would open up a CC suite for an upgrade from a veranda. Good deal for all concerned, it seems.

Good that Azamara listened to you and offered the upgrade from CC.

I can't see anything on the form that says CC suites are excluded. Here's the link to the page. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

I agree. It's been very quietly added. Only reason I found out about it was when Bonnie posted a few weeks ago on an upgrade thread with the revised wording. The upgrade form states you are signing it committing to paying $398 per stateroom if one becomes available although in practice you can turn it down and it would be more than that if you upgraded to a cat SP, CO or CW.

Phil

Hi Riocca,

yes, it does seem a long time you've been posting about not getting our e-mailings! Have you spoken with the UK office?

It is a 'zmag'. To scroll up or down, use one finger. To magnify or shrink the page, use 2 fingers. (I only tell you because it took me awhile to figure out how to magnify the page to be able to read it!)

And today an email went out announcing that our two sister ships will meet up in Monte Carlo on 5/27/18 on our 4-night Grand Prix Weekend Voyage. #sistersmeet2018

Thanks Bonnie,

Yes I think everyone has had a look at the problem, it's better than it was and we do get some emails now but not all, usually when new promotions start or cruises are added to promotions.

Not received one about Monaco next year yet, however we were aware of this as we will be on Journey for that event.

I can't see anything on the form that says CC suites are excluded. Here's the link to the page. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

I was slightly wrong, it was on the email reply once the form was submitted. Thought I would apply for all of our cruises even though suites are sold out for two of them.

I agree. It's been very quietly added. Only reason I found out about it was when Bonnie posted a few weeks ago on an upgrade thread with the revised wording. The upgrade form states you are signing it committing to paying $398 per stateroom if one becomes available although in practice you can turn it down and it would be more than that if you upgraded to a cat SP, CO or CW.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Just shows you can't take your eyes off of these CC threads for a minute or you might miss something [emoji57]We were tied up at a family event that weekend so missed it, anyway caught up now.

Only have club continents booked at the moment and will be interesting should we be lucky enough to get a call to see what the upgrade cost would be.

£1100 for 7 nights in a Club Ocean, £1580 for the Owners. It's another of these charges not helped by our lovely exchange rate. It really does depend how much you value the additional space and Best of the Best. This year there is the additional excursion (if it's not already full) next year $300 OBC. These were last week's figures

PS The Spa suite was a whopping £780

Hi Phil,

Just shows you can't take your eyes off of these CC threads for a minute or you might miss something [emoji57]We were tied up at a family event that weekend so missed it, anyway caught up now.

Only have club continents booked at the moment and will be interesting should we be lucky enough to get a call to see what the upgrade cost would be.

To me this is a benefit that needs advertising. An LCV email on the subject would be a good start (but we know what seems to go wrong with those!). Sometimes I feel totally out of the loop. In the dark. It's not great. I always feel the love from Azamara on the ships, but of late not so much when I'm back on land. As a very loyal cruiser it's kind of disappointing.

Phil

Our cruise is 8 nights. We booked under the free double upgrade promo to get a V2. I immediately filled out and submitted the LCV upgrade form. I got a phone call from AZ offering an upgrade to CO for $1500 ($750 pp). I was told on the phone that it was because I had applied for the LCV upgrade. All suites and balconies have been showing sold out for quite a while, so we were surprised and delighted for this upgrade.

Hi Riocca,

Thanks for the Aug. newsletter link, Bonnie. I loved reading Heike's recommendations for Athens! We haven't sailed with her in some time, but are hoping to see her again when we embark the Journey from Auckland next Feb.

Teri & Mark

To me this is a benefit that needs advertising. An LCV email on the subject would be a good start (but we know what seems to go wrong with those!). Sometimes I feel totally out of the loop. In the dark. It's not great. I always feel the love from Azamara on the ships, but of late not so much when I'm back on land. As a very loyal cruiser it's kind of disappointing.

Phil

I can understand Phil why you might feel that way. I'm reading in Bonnies recent thread of magazines and emails going out and yet again, we seem to have fallen off the radar. :( Unless of course the whole of the UK crashed off the earth.....

£1100 for 7 nights in a Club Ocean, £1580 for the Owners. It's another of these charges not helped by our lovely exchange rate. It really does depend how much you value the additional space and Best of the Best. This year there is the additional excursion (if it's not already full) next year $300 OBC. These were last week's figures

PS The Spa suite was a whopping £780

Thank you for the info Ann, I think it would very much depend on the overall cruise whether we would upgrade or not. The space would be appreciated but there's little added value over what already comes with a CC suite, although things change all the time.

I can understand Phil why you might feel that way. I'm reading in Bonnies recent thread of magazines and emails going out and yet again, we seem to have fallen off the radar. :( Unless of course the whole of the UK crashed off the earth.....����

Our emails are still arriving included one about upgrades, very unlikely to tempt us to book anything at current prices.

Phil

Phil, we feel your disappointment however we will be back on Quest in two weeks and hoping to feel the love again.

As an aside we had a visit to Crystal Symphony in Liverpool last week, it's a beautiful ship and in fantastic condition considering its 21 years old and due for an intensive dry dock in a few weeks time. Most on the visit were travel agents but Crystal's UK management took time to talk to us as passengers and share their vision for the future. With Azamara's prices now close to Crystal's who knows what the future will bring.

Phil, we feel your disappointment however we will be back on Quest in two weeks and hoping to feel the love again.

As an aside we had a visit to Crystal Symphony in Liverpool last week, it's a beautiful ship and in fantastic condition considering its 21 years old and due for an intensive dry dock in a few weeks time. Most on the visit were travel agents but Crystal's UK management took time to talk to us as passengers and share their vision for the future. With Azamara's prices now close to Crystal's who knows what the future will bring.

Thank you! I'll be on Journey in October and Quest in November and will hopefully (and I'm sure) feel the love again. Unfortunately there is a limit to how much I'll pay for that! Windstar last week was nice, the food the best I've eaten on a cruise, but in spite of a very friendly crew the service and finesse was spotty. Not an Azamara replacement for me unfortunately.

Phil

Hi Riocca,

Bonnie, thanks for telling us when the LCV newsletters are published and when other emails are sent out.

When we seem to drop off the email lists for Azamara, we are not always aware when this information is published.

Thank you! I'll be on Journey in October and Quest in November and will hopefully (and I'm sure) feel the love again. Unfortunately there is a limit to how much I'll pay for that! Windstar last week was nice, the food the best I've eaten on a cruise, but in spite of a very friendly crew the service and finesse was spotty. Not an Azamara replacement for me unfortunately.

Phil

We love you too Phil <3

And we really appreciate your loyalty.

We look forward to welcoming you "home" in October and November!