re meat pies

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Please, no more talk of pies until tomorrow night as I'm restricted to clear fluids until then. 😮

Fair enough, I won't mention them to you until then.😁

BTW, I have given up meat pies and ice coffee for lent.

1 hour ago, Obilix said:

I've just given up Lent ....

Less trouble, in this world, anyway.

I am not doing it for religious reasons but for health reasons, too many cruises means the salt air is bloating me or shrinking my clothes, something has to give and I don't want to buy new clothes. So cutting out some of my favourite but fattening food items is one way I can do that.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not doing it for religious reasons but for health reasons, too many cruises means the salt air is bloating me or shrinking my clothes, something has to give and I don't want to buy new clothes. So cutting out some of my favourite but fattening food items is one way I can do that.

I can sympathise. I came off my last cruise the heaviest I have ever been at almost 88kg. At 6'1" it may not seem a lot but it, the fat, is accumulating in the wrong place - visceral - and that's not good. I don't burn enough calories while cruising.

Edited by lyndarra

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

I don't just burn enough calories while cruising.

That is my problem too apart from over indulging while cruising. The smoke and the heat has also put any usual post Xmas extra exercise at bay, so that didn't help at all.

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That is my problem too apart from over indulging while cruising. The smoke and the heat has also put any usual post Xmas extra exercise at bay, so that didn't help at all.

I can't blame cruising this time, as haven't been on one for over a year. But yes, smoke & heat have curtailed my exercise routines over the summer. So a few kilos to lose.

I suggest we have a challenge for all our local cc family on here to make a special effort over the lent period (not for religious reasons) to exercise more, and get back to our 'regular' playing weights, for the good of our health.

Now I will have a 10N cruise in that time, but am determined to lose at least 5kg before I return to work on Apr 14 (even with Easter eggs & buns tempting me. 🙂 

I will have a weigh-in tonight & then the goal will be set.

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

I can't blame cruising this time, as haven't been on one for over a year. But yes, smoke & heat have curtailed my exercise routines over the summer. So a few kilos to lose.

I suggest we have a challenge for all our local cc family on here to make a special effort over the lent period (not for religious reasons) to exercise more, and get back to our 'regular' playing weights, for the good of our health.

Now I will have a 10N cruise in that time, but am determined to lose at least 5kg before I return to work on Apr 14 (even with Easter eggs & buns tempting me. 🙂 

I will have a weigh-in tonight & then the goal will be set.

I am in on it, I doubt I will lose 5 kgs but will try for 2kgs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You mob are making me peckish, I am stuck with junk like this...edible but not the 'real thing.'

1783082160_gfpie.jpg.738968343620fe9f609a3ad424c04f10.jpg

Time to go shopping at Aldi for supplies. I got back from the hospital this morning and found I had no pies to have with my chips for lunch. So lunch was chips and squid rings, sans pie.

On 3/3/2020 at 2:13 PM, lyndarra said:

Time to go shopping at Aldi for supplies. I got back from the hospital this morning and found I had no pies to have with my chips for lunch. So lunch was chips and squid rings, sans pie.

Don't forget the toilet rolls, supplies are dwindling due to panic buying.  All that healthy food above makes toilet rolls essential.🤣  Woollies is rationing the aforesaid articles.

Please, no toilet roll thread, that would be worse than the 'Princess pat of butter thread.'  

Just to remind you..th.jpg.984b2587aa963aac3c7d6b3bdcda1595.jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I don't get the toilet roll buying.

It's CORONAVIRUS not NOROVIRUS.🤮

Gotta link to the butter pat? I haven't heard about that one.

Coronavirus is known to cause some diarrhoea but I think the panic buying is more the fear of being put into some kind of lock down and running out of toilet paper. It makes you realise just how dependent we have become on a simple roll of tissues😂.

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Coronavirus is known to cause some diarrhoea but I think the panic buying is more the fear of being put into some kind of lock down and running out of toilet paper. It makes you realise just how dependent we have become on a simple roll of tissues😂.

There is an alternative, invented by those clever Japanese people: the bidet toilet seat with multiple wash functions and also a dryer. No TP required. ☺️

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There is an alternative, invented by those clever Japanese people: the bidet toilet seat with multiple wash functions and also a dryer. No TP required. ☺️

Did anyone keep their old phone books?

18 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I don't get the toilet roll buying.

It's CORONAVIRUS not NOROVIRUS.🤮

Gotta link to the butter pat? I haven't heard about that one.

The Butter pat thread was on Princess section of CC, last year, cast of thousands reacted when Princess ships put one pat of butter per person on the MDR dinner table.  Cannot give you the link.   I mean how can  you 'Come Back New' with only pat of butter on your dinner rolls ?

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

The Butter pat thread was on Princess section of CC, last year, cast of thousands reacted when Princess ships put one pat of butter per person on the MDR dinner table.  Cannot give you the link.   I mean how can  you 'Come Back New' with only pat of butter on your dinner rolls ?

th.jpg

Wow. On Celebrity each table has a dish or two with some spreads but it never lasts long. We just ask for some wrapped butter and the waiter would bring a plate of it, non problem