Five night cruise

Zoedokey

What time of year? We were dumb enough to do a 5 night in March and had 700 college kids aboard Connie. Animal House revisited.

At other times, the atmosphere will be less calm and relaxing than the normal Celebrity ship, but far from a Carnival atmosphere. There will be more kids regardless of time of year - a lot more during spring break times, and at other times more kids younger than school age.

We also did a 5 night Connie cruise in early Jan a few yrs ago...it was lovely. Nice stress free getaway after the holidays.

Only one small group of party idiots on board...they calmed down after one of them almost went over the railing while dancing on a deck chair with drink in hand....,We were having lunch in Tuscan watching it unfold..

We did a shorter cruise a few years ago in January. I did not think I was on a Celebrity cruise as it seemed to be a booze cruise. Younger crowd. Plus there was alot of smoking on the balconies. Never again for us.

Looking at five night cruises out of Ft Lauderdale. Being a shorter cruise, how much of a party atmosphere should we expect. Don't want to travel in Carnival like party ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's not school holidays, it should be fine. We've done 5 days on RCI, but always while school is in session. Hardly any kids, few families, definitely skews older/no kids.

If it's spring break or any holiday, all bets are off. Though Celebrity really won't appeal to those that really want to party - not enough nightlife for them.

We just booked a five night on the Crown Princess for January. I could not resist the $299(before taxes) for a Lido interior room.

We did a similar cruise on the Carribean Princess. $299 for a balcony and $200 SBC. It was too hard to pass up. It was prior to a 14 day cruise on X. While on board they also had a promo for a suite for the next crusie for $199 and some SBC. Problem was that it was a 4 day cruise and our cruise was within a few days. It was by no means a party cruise. The Happy hour for BYGO in the lounge was open to anyone and was a SRO. It was very difficult to get more than one round, but you got two of the same drinks pp and they were basically basic type simple drinks that didn't require blending and etc.

What was really funny was when we were on the elevator with our luggage on departure day other passengers on the elevator made a comment that they were sorry as they pointed to us and our luggage. I asked why and they said because we were leaving. I smiled and said that we weren't as we were leaving to get on a 14 day cruise on Celebrity with all of the perks. The look on their face was priceless as their smirk turned to long faces while saying ooooh.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We did a similar cruise on the Carribean Princess. $299 for a balcony and $200 SBC. It was too hard to pass up. It was prior to a 14 day cruise on X. While on board they also had a promo for a suite for the next crusie for $199 and some SBC. Problem was that it was a 4 day cruise and our cruise was within a few days. It was by no means a party cruise. The Happy hour for BYGO in the lounge was open to anyone and was a SRO. It was very difficult to get more than one round, but you got two of the same drinks pp and they were basically basic type simple drinks that didn't require blending and etc.

What was really funny was when we were on the elevator with our luggage on departure day other passengers on the elevator made a comment that they were sorry as they pointed to us and our luggage. I asked why and they said because we were leaving. I smiled and said that we weren't as we were leaving to get on a 14 day cruise on Celebrity with all of the perks. The look on their face was priceless as their smirk turned to long faces while saying ooooh.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

WOW!! Now that IS a deal!! Too funny about your conversation on the elevator, LOL.

WOW!! Now that IS a deal!! Too funny about your conversation on the elevator, LOL.

It was a fantastic deal and wish that we could have done it as they rarely happen. Don't know what the issue was but it seemed as if they were having a hard time filling the cabins. Really had a great time and didn't have any issues with anything. I guess people just wanted the newer ships with longer cruises.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I'll never do a short cruise on Celebrity again. Too many drunks staggering around the halls and pounding on cabin doors late at night. And too many families occupying 3 cabins in a row, going back and forth endlessly, slamming doors.

What month did this happen? In January - I had none of that.

I'll never do a short cruise on Celebrity again. Too many drunks staggering around the halls and pounding on cabin doors late at night. And too many families occupying 3 cabins in a row, going back and forth endlessly, slamming doors.

We must have been on the same cruise! I found that there are more younger party going cruisers on shorter cruises. This definitely was not the same Celebrity atmosphere that we have become used to. It was in January around the MLK holiday.

We have never done a cruise less than 7 days. My Son took a three day cruise with NCL and said it was a completely different type of passenger onboard. There were too many drunks and foul mouthed people. Celebrity should be better, but we live 400 miles from FTLauderdale and would never take a short cruise like that.

What month did this happen? In January - I had none of that.

Was on the same cruise. I think it was March 12th or around there. Thought there would be few kids as spring break is later usually but forgot colleges have earlier breaks. Had hundreds of kids from two local colleges. The drink package figured into the chaos. Kids 21 and over were drinking like fiends, and they were getting shots and pouring them into glasses to take back to their younger friends. Cruise Critic rules would prohibit me from describing some of the other stuff going on in public, but lets just say it involved drunk young women in tiny bikinis trying to impress the drunk young men. Cabins were booked to capacity with multiple kids sharing cabins. It was a cruise to remember that's for sure.

To the OP, consider all your dates carefully. Keep in mind many schools get a day off for MLK holiday so for a short cruise people may pull their kids out of school for a couple days around this time. Also, some schools may start Christmas break fairly early. I have sailed on a 7 night (happened to be out of Puerto Rico) the week after Thanksgiving (in this case first week of December) and it was loaded with families with lots of kids.

We take a ton of 3 and 4 night cruises on Royal, and yes, it might have more young people and kids, but in all the years we have traveled, I would never say it has been a booze fest. We are 60 and 73 and totally enjoy our short cruises as well as our 7 night cruises.

We are taking a 5 night cruise on Princess in Nov and cannot wait!

We have dome a few shorter ones and it's certainly different to what we normally have. The shorter it is the rounder it gets and the longer the lines are to disembark as most want to carry luggage. 5 nights isn't bad and none have ever put us off but our tip would be to be prepared for more adults in the pool with drinks in hands and a slightly longer wait for drinks

Sent from my iPad using Forums