CCers in harm's way, let us know you are safe

RMLincoln

We survived! No damage that I can see other than debris in the yard. Storm was a cat 1 and went over east of us so we were on the 'good' side of the storm. Lost power about 5PM Sunday but it mysteriously came back on about 6:45PM and stayed on - very surprised but not complaining. Went to sleep after 11PM update, woke about 1:30AM to blowing but slept through until about 5:30AM. Now for the cleanup. Eric's brother house a few blocks away is fine as well.

Good to hear you are all safe as well as your houses.

TS Irma is past us but we are still having strong winds. I have no power so this is just to let you know - no damage at my place. And no power.

I'll be back when I do have power.

Carole

I hope Carole won't mind if I copy this from the Juneau sailaway thread.

Roy

Maasdam currently on a south-westerly course in the North Atlantic at 12.5 knots on a line even with Savannah, Georgia, experiencing 27 knot winds from the east, now showing an ETA of 0600 hrs on Wed, 13 SEP 17 at Port Everglades

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-76.8/centery:31.5/zoom:6

Seems a bit odd. It looks to me like Maasdam could almost be in FTL on Tuesday. My guess is that the Captain put the Pedal to the Metal out of Boston to get maximum maneuvering room to get around any storms and now has the luxury of taking his time while looking for a smooth path.

Now all we need is a normal flight schedule for Wed passenger turnaround.

Odd may be a bit strange here; I guess I really meant not what is typically expected on a cruise leg.

Roy

Thanks to you ALL for checking in. It's very uplifting, especially for some people still trying to learn conditions throughout the region. It's good to hear the reports from our CC friends. Many have had their cruise vacations disrupted and are working it out with often difficult decisions, and some information here may help them.

Most folks are just thankful they are ok right now, especially seeing so much damage to places we know well. Seems most properties on the mainland fared better than some projections. I have family with a modest house in the Keys and we haven't heard yet if it's still there, but my family is all safe, so that is the best.

To all those who weathered the storm, we know it was scary and difficult, still difficult with no power in so many places and many other issues... but give yourselves a big hug!

We will watch for reports of Port Everglades and FLL airport reopening - post if you hear anything definite. Our cruise isn't until mid-Oct, but many others are concerned about earlier dates. Many Thanks, m--

Seems a bit odd. It looks to me like Maasdam could almost be in FTL on Tuesday. My guess is that the Captain put the Pedal to the Metal out of Boston to get maximum maneuvering room to get around any storms and now has the luxury of taking his time while looking for a smooth path.

Odd may be a bit strange here; I guess I really meant not what is typically expected on a cruise leg.

Roy

I looked at the port schedule and the Maasdam is scheduled to arrive in Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday.

Roy

Yep; looks like Captain Jutten did his best to go around Irma's outer bands to give his pax and crew an as comfortable ride as possible on the way south

I looked at the port schedule and the Maasdam is scheduled to arrive in Ft Lauderdale on Wednesday.

Also very good news... I think that was her original schedule, and now to hear that FLL should be open, lets hope that people can make their way in. Flight schedules must be a nightmare.

I recall years ago when there was an earthquake near Valparaiso Chile some ships delayed their departures from Valparaiso one or even two days to give passengers a better chance to fly in.... but Maasdam has a Panama Canal slot to meet so that might not happen here. Sending hopeful thoughts to all those trying to get to Port Everglades. m--

I was glad to see that the PEV schedule is actually current (Revised arrival date for RCI monsters) and not just something that hasn't been updated during the storm.

I am a bit surprised that Harmony is leaving on schedule; I'd have thought they would delay departure to allow PAX flights to arrive.

Roy

Evacuated from Cape Coral last Friday. Went to the mountains of VA and am not in MD. Going to head home tomorrow. So happy the storm wasn't as bad as predictions!!!!! Can't wait to get home......

What a real pleasure to read mostly good news from our HAL CC'ers and FLLairport etc. Thankful.........

Evacuated from Cape Coral last Friday. Went to the mountains of VA and am not in MD. Going to head home tomorrow. So happy the storm wasn't as bad as predictions!!!!! Can't wait to get home......

So glad to hear you are safe. Hoping your home is ok when you get back. Safe travels. Thanks for checking in! m--

Is POA1 on a cruise? He lives right there near FLL, right? I'm surprised we haven't heard anything.

He posted prior to the hurricane and advised that they were going to be up North (Maine, I think?). Had been planned and just happened to coincide with the hurricane.

We live in Estero, FL just north of Naples. We were very, very fortunate not to sustain to much damage. We also have power. Many folks are not so fortunate, and the City of Naples was hit very hard. Power may not return for over a week in many areas. Uprooted trees took out water mains as they fell to the ground contaminating drinking water. Lack of power and air conditioning will make for ripe conditions for mold and mildew.

The one bright spot was that the storm surge was not nearly as bad as anticipated meaning flooding, while present, was not as bad as predicted. Believe me it is still no picnic. Local stores are closed until further notice and gas is in very short supply.

Obviously, this our little part of FL, but so many areas have been affected by this massive storm. And yes, we will gladly accept all the thoughts and prayers we can get.

We live in Estero, FL just north of Naples. We were very, very fortunate not to sustain to much damage. We also have power. Many folks are not so fortunate, and the City of Naples was hit very hard. Power may not return for over a week in many areas. Uprooted trees took out water mains as they fell to the ground contaminating drinking water. Lack of power and air conditioning will make for ripe conditions for mold and mildew.

The one bright spot was that the storm surge was not nearly as bad as anticipated meaning flooding, while present, was not as bad as predicted. Believe me it is still no picnic. Local stores are closed until further notice and gas is in very short supply.

Obviously, this our little part of FL, but so many areas have been affected by this massive storm. And yes, we will gladly accept all the thoughts and prayers we can get.

Port Everglades update.8e5a096d825a61dbdf87ac5844d24482.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We got our power back a couple of hours ago. Yea! We had lost it about midnight Sunday. We really did not have very high winds so did not think we would lose it. No damage near us. Sure am concerned about some parts of Florida and wish them well.

Dottie

We got our power back a couple of hours ago. Yea! We had lost it about midnight Sunday. We really did not have very high winds so did not think we would lose it. No damage near us. Sure am concerned about some parts of Florida and wish them well.

Dottie

Very good to hear that you are safe! Power is out in many places still and fuel is in short supply, road have debris still so a good time to stay home if you can. Thanks for checking in and many blessings to you as things recover, we know it could be difficult.

Thanks for posting, your updates may help others and their families to get a feel for status in many places that aren't in the news. Be safe. m--

Dottie

Glad you are all safe and have your power back.

Interesting that while ships are restricted to daylight arrivals, Harmony OTS and Conquest are scheduled to leave at 2200.

I think Allure OTS was due to arrive at o430, current schedule has it at 0700. I suspect Maasdam's 0600 arrival may be pushed back a bit.

Roy

Interesting that while ships are restricted to daylight arrivals, Harmony OTS and Conquest are scheduled to leave at 2200.

I think Allure OTS was due to arrive at o430, current schedule has it at 0700. I suspect Maasdam's 0600 arrival may be pushed back a bit.

Roy

Maasie is not that far away per AIS - basically on a line even with Vero Beach, FL, diagonally pointing at Port St Lucie, chugging along at 12.7 kts. We shall see what kind of instructions she'll receive tomorrow morning bright and early from the PEV harbormaster

Good news from the Keys for my family! My sister's house was located in a NOAA photo from yesterday's fly over, Little Torch Key, milemarker 28. One island west / down from Big Pine. It's a very modest home built out from a trailer 30 years ago. But it looks intact, and I am brimming over with joy, amazement and relief... all I can say is thank God and for all the prayers!! m--