How long before Royal updates Eastern cruises?

volk904

With St. Martin, St Thomas badly damaged and I assume St Kitts Also badly damaged I wonder when RCCL will change the Eastern cruises for this fall?

The generally don't make decisions until the last minute.

Hope they don't change a thing? St maartin will need the $ the cruise ships bring..
But those $ will only be spent when the facilities become available for tourists - which might take some time for cleanup and rebuilding. I'm sure the cruise ships will return when St. Maarten is ready for them.

Hope they don't change a thing? St maartin will need the $ the cruise ships bring..

if the port facilities were damaged, then no ship can pull in until those have been fixed. furthermore, if the basic infrastructure of the island has been compromised an influx of tourists every other day will only make things worse and make it harder to fix any issues.

whats the point of having tourists if nothing is open due to damaged buildings and power disruption?!

Once local authorities open up the ports, they can assess whether or not it makes sense or is safe to bring ships full of people in. We're scheduled into St Maarten in just over 6 weeks, but I have my doubts. I originally thought we might go into St Thomas, but now I'm leaning towards Nassau as a substitute. Our other two ports are Labadee and San Juan and both of those will be fine. We're doing a b2b so I'd prefer to not do two westerns, but if we do, we do. Out of all the ports we are scheduled into, St. Maarten is our favorite and it's very sad to see the photos and videos of the destruction.

Once local authorities open up the ports, they can assess whether or not it makes sense or is safe to bring ships full of people in. We're scheduled into St Maarten in just over 6 weeks, but I have my doubts. I originally thought we might go into St Thomas, but now I'm leaning towards Nassau as a substitute. Our other two ports are Labadee and San Juan and both of those will be fine. We're doing a b2b so I'd prefer to not do two westerns, but if we do, we do. Out of all the ports we are scheduled into, St. Maarten is our favorite and it's very sad to see the photos and videos of the destruction.

St. Maarten is a favourite of many cruisers, including me

Don't think St Martin will be on any itinerary for a long time. It was devastated. The port shops are all gone and the piers sustained heavy damage. Lots of the hotels are reporting that they will not be accepting reservations until May.

That is May of 2018. They need the dollars but have no infrastructure to support tourists.

Edited by bucky0926
date change

The piers at St. Maarten appear to have been completely destroyed. <|3

https://www.cruisehive.com/popular-cruise-passenger-locations-st-maarten-destroyed-hurricane-irma/19957

The photos and video do not really show where the ships dock. The statement at the end says that they do not know the condition of the docks but that if there was a ship there you would see it??? I do not think any ship would be docked during a hurricane.

Even if the docks were undamaged there is so much other damage that it will be a long lime before any cruise ship will dock.

bosco

St. Maarten is a favourite of many cruisers, including me

We are with you, love this port, RCCL might be tendering on many islands after this storm is done, have friends that were going there for a month at end of October they own several time shares.

From Dutch newspaper Telegraaf

The container port is severely damaged. The cruise piers appear operational but buildings have sustained considerable damage. HNLMS Zeeland is currently moored alongside a cruise jetty to offload and coordinate relief supplies and support. The helicoptor has been dropping leaflets urging pax to take shelter from approaching hurricane/storm Jose . Ship expected to leave port later today for safer waters.

53092508.JPG

I read that one of the cruises (adventure of the seas I think) will obviously bypass St Maarten and head to Aruba with an overnight stay. We loved Aruba so yes I would be sad not being able to visit St Maarten for the first time, Aruba and an overnight is a good compromise.

We are scheduled to stop at St Maarten in December and I am guessing we will be lucky to still keep this port but we will see. Aruba would be awesome alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums