Diamond Lounge or 3 Drinks at Bar - what are the best mixed drinks?

MCazer

My go-to drinks are Jack-and-Ginger (Jack Daniels bourbon and ginger ale), White Russian, and gin-and-tonic with lime.

My wife likes champagne, mimosas, and white zinfandel.

The free drink selections in the lounge and bars are limited -- they have a list of what you can order, so ask to see it.

If you have a Diamond Lounge, your concierge can suggest drinks.

Note that you can get drinks in the lounge and still use the 3-free-drinks from bars.

You don't actually get a voucher for these 3-free-drinks -- It is simply loaded to your ship's card each day.

The bar drinks are available only at certain times in the evening -- ALWAYS corresponding to the Diamond Lounge free drink schedule.

You can always get a glass of wine and take it back to your cabin to drink later if you want, including drinking it outside the cabin at, say, the piano bar or dance club.

Slight correction.

Madras?, although I prefer it with pineapple juice.

Yes, I googled it. It is a Madras (which looks good, since I'm allergic to pineapple!

(Combine vodka, cranberry juice, and orange juice in a highball glass. Add ice and stir to combine. Garnish with a wedge of lime)

I agree. Cosmos are not only yummy and not as sweet as some other drinks, they are also so pretty in a martini glass!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually ask for it to be put in a rock glass unless I'm going to be sitting still. I find it too hard to walk with a martini glass.

Make the last free on an Italian Iced Tea. It substitutes Disoranno for Cola. It can last you quite a while! I had this first on a Liberty cruise, but it is different on every other ship. You could just tell the bartender what you like and they will make some great suggestions.:D

Make the last free on an Italian Iced Tea. It substitutes Disoranno for Cola. It can last you quite a while! I had this first on a Liberty cruise, but it is different on every other ship. You could just tell the bartender what you like and they will make some great suggestions.:D
Do they provide disoranno for d drinks?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Yes, we have always been able to get Disoranno. About the free drinks on your card - they are usually timed to coincide with the Diamond and + times. A caution is that we have been on a couple of cruises with so many diamond guests that the lounge wouldn't hold them all. Last trip on Liberty, all they had was a bar with 2 or 3 wines and 2 or 3 liquors for simple drinks because of the lines waiting. After a couple of days though, they actually roped off an area of an adjacent lounge to serve guests. Don't forget that you can also bring 2 bottles of wine on board (per cabin) unless they changed that very recently. We never had a problem getting drinks at any of the other bars. Lately, we have always purchased the alcohol package when on sale, but it is not worth it for us if it isn't 20% off, since we get three free per evening.

I don't think you can get this with a voucher. So I usually go for a Lemon Drop or Chocolate Martini.

One of of our cruises on either Oasis or Allure, the bartender at the Trellis Bar in Central Park said the chocolate martinis had too much alcohol in them and he would take two of my vouchers for it. I declined and promptly went to another bar that happily took care of my needs.

I agree. Cosmos are not only yummy and not as sweet as some other drinks, they are also so pretty in a martini glass!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also say a cosmo. They are yummy, not sickly sweet, don't weigh you down with calories, and most of the bartenders make it with Greygoose without being asked!