Sometimes You Just Have to Laugh at Celebrity's Website

mnocket

Just finished checking in for my Oct cruise - not without problems due to the Jr suffix on my name, but got it done. Then here's the page I was presented with - note the cruise description and map! I just had to laugh.

HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2

HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2

It took me a minute to figure out why that was funny ... and then I saw it! Hahaha!

I am booked on the sailing right after yours. I have had a devil of a time getting it all straightened out. I just hope it is all straightened out now ... I am actually terrified to look, though. ;)

At least you got a map. I got the infamous "Internal Server Error" and a msg that I could only open my reservation on one device at a time and was locked out for 20 minutes. When I did get in I could see our itinerary but only the blue background.

I've been in IT since 1979 (can't wait to retire) and would put my money on this being tables in their database being out of sync. Simply put, the code pulls your itinerary successfully but the link to the table with the maps is out of whack. Depending on the db it could take several hours to resolve - assuming Harold and Kumar are back from their lunch break at White Castle.

Just finished checking in for my Oct cruise - not without problems due to the Jr suffix on my name, but got it done. Then here's the page I was presented with - note the cruise description and map! I just had to laugh.

HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2

HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HEXzdS75GnOsNuBY2

Should be one heck of a trip seeing the Caribbean and Western Mediterranean all in just 10 nights!! LOL

What a great itinerary change!

I realize that they needed to do some re-routing of Caribbean cruises due to the recent hurricanes, but some passengers have all the luck.

Now I am jealous because they didn't do that for our Southern Caribbean cruise last year.

If only we had waited to book a year later.....clear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721

Actually, while this is a glitch, it is explainable. The Equinox was originally stationed in the Med this time of year and that map is the itinerary it would have been on had it stayed. I know because I was booked on a 12 day out of Barcelona as that shows. One day Iooked at my reservation and it had turned into an 11 day Southern Caribbean. I had to switch to a 10 day Reflection cruise which I am about to start.

Actually, while this is a glitch, it is explainable. The Equinox was originally stationed in the Med this time of year and that map is the itinerary it would have been on had it stayed. I know because I was booked on a 12 day out of Barcelona as that shows. One day Iooked at my reservation and it had turned into an 11 day Southern Caribbean. I had to switch to a 10 day Reflection cruise which I am about to start.

But explainable and acceptable are two different things. While explainable, it's unacceptable that a premium cruise line can't even get their website right, especially a year after changes were announced.

Monday I received an automated message from Celebrity that contains two hyperlinks that are supposed to help me prepare for upcoming voyage. Perhaps you have received messages like this in the past:

Your modern luxury vacation is just around the corner. We hope you’re as excited to be transported far from the ordinary as we are to indulge you in a vacation that will leave you completely restored and renewed.

Preparing for your vacation can be almost as exhilarating as the vacation itself. To help with your planning, I suggest you visit the "Before You Cruise" section of our website.

To save time at check-in, complete your embarkation forms now.

--

While I do find it mildly humorous to use a photo of the Celebrity Century on an expired page, it is not funny to find the offer of cruise planning to be invalid.

As for the "embarkation forms" link, we completed them a couple of months ago, which continues to be something of a mystery to the Celebrity computer system.

CoconutOne, I suggest the problems are not only unacceptable, one would think they are embarrassing.

I also liked your comment about the hurricanes altering world geography. Maybe, Celebrity should have put all their computer hardware on Barbuda, let Mother Nature reconfigure the system.

I have two Caribbean cruises booked. When I go into my reservation and click check in and port information both are designated on the website to leave from USA. I guess I'll go to the closest coastline and wait for the ships to stop and pick me up. Great new service!:confused:

When I go in to manage my reservation there is no longer a check-in link, and the print xpress pass function is disabled (I actually completed check-in several weeks ago but did not print the xpress passes then due to a lack of printer ink). Clicking the check-in tab at top of home page redirects and says "this page no longer exists". I can however access the cruise planner to give them more money for activities and services for a cruise I cannot check in / print docs for ........ go figure ;)