Last minute Anthem cruise questions?

JAMESCC

Ok, finally our cruise is here, Thursday. It seems a million years away when you book it, then in a blink its here. We have not been to the new the Port Liberty terminal, anything relevant we should know? We are being dropped off. What is the best time to arrive and board? We chose I think 10:30 but I understand we can arrive any time you want really. When we board we like to immediately go to our cabin but I understand you can't do this anymore, not till 1 PM or something? Anything you may want to provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ok, finally our cruise is here, Thursday. It seems a million years away when you book it, then in a blink its here. We have not been to the new the Port Liberty terminal, anything relevant we should know? We are being dropped off. What is the best time to arrive and board? We chose I think 10:30 but I understand we can arrive any time you want really. When we board we like to immediately go to our cabin but I understand you can't do this anymore, not till 1 PM or something? Anything you may want to provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

10:30 to 11:00 is a good time to arrive.

Cabins will be ready right about 1 P.M. It has been that way for a very very very very very long time.

I would recommend heading right to the bumper cars if you are interested in using them. The line is shortest right after boarding so there will be a short wait.

Interesting way to start a cruise.... :p I head straight to the nearest cocktail lounge. :cool: As you mentioned, the line is the shortest right after boarding! :D

Load the Royal IQ app on your smart phone in the terminal or now. You can connect once onboard and make show reservations, NorthStar, etc. Your schedule will show on the app and also on your tv. You don't have to pay for their internet service to be connected to Royal's wifi to make the app work. It's not perfect and sometimes doesn't show everything the Compass does, but it works well enough.

I'll be watching you leave on www.nyharborwebcam.com !

Hope you have a great cruise. We LOVE Anthem!

We were on the Sept 14th sailing. Loved the Anthem. We boarded around 10:30 Quickest boarding we ever encountered. I parked my DH by the pool with the carry ons while I explored the ship before the crowd. Bumper cars were not running at that time but the hot dog place was open if you need lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the replies. We are shooting for 10:30 arrival. Our plan lunch wise is Cafe 270. I heard its a more relaxing place to start your cruise. Wow I see some love for Anthem. I can't imagine not loving it. Royal really knows how to lay out a ship.

Hi

We like to be able to go to our cabin and drop carry on when we board so usually try to arrive around 12:30-1pm.

First couple of times we went to Bayonne earlier and were stuck in huge lines to drop luggage and board.

The last 2 trips July 2017 and August 2017 arriving around 12:30 we were shocked and pleasantly surprised to pull right up.

This was our first glimpse of the ship and lack of cars on August 26 about 12:30

1fd87faebe63790f3728a254ef158d62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Sept. 14th sailing. Arrived at the Port via Country Inn & Suites Hotel shuttle by 10:30 a.m. We were outside 270 when they opened the doors at 11:00 a.m. and enjoyed a relaxing lunch. Definitely recommend lunch there. You may want to head up to Deck 14 and be the first to try the NorthStar if it opens at Noon like it did on the 14th. Definitely worth seeing the New York City skyline from above. Before you know it, it will be 1:00 p.m. and you will be able to access your stateroom! ENJOY.

Linda S.

Canton, MI

Thanks for the replies. We are shooting for 10:30 arrival. Our plan lunch wise is Cafe 270. I heard its a more relaxing place to start your cruise. Wow I see some love for Anthem. I can't imagine not loving it. Royal really knows how to lay out a ship.

Except for the design of the theater. We couldn't see the entire stage from the sides on the upper level. We were told the middle is reserved for VIPs. Better view on lower level but the pitch is not enough to prevent heads and posts from blocking my view. The Royal class Princess ships are much better in this regard. But I loved my virtual balcony!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Except for the design of the theater. We couldn't see the entire stage from the sides on the upper level. We were told the middle is reserved for VIPs. Better view on lower level but the pitch is not enough to prevent heads and posts from blocking my view. The Royal class Princess ships are much better in this regard. But I loved my virtual balcony!

I agree that the theater on Anthem has too many poor seats. The best view is on the lower level in the tiered seats under the balcony. Just be aware of the seats obstructed by poles. If you arrive too close to showtime there may appear to be plenty of open seats, but they are most likely the obstructed view seats.

If you don't want to get the app there are iPads in the immediate area where you first board that are available. This is knd of weird but the public bathrooms are a little different. If you can see white in the keyhole thingee then the stall is available. Flushing is mysterious, on a timer? When you touch the door? The toilets in your room have a push button flush. Anthem is huge, just keep reminding yourself food is in the back and try to orient from there.

We got there around 10 and got on board around 10:45. Cafe 270 wasn't even open (opens at 11am) so we had to stand in a long line. But after we ate lunch, the ship felt empty when we explored. We didn't realize how crowded it was until the muster drill! We walked to the SeaPlex and agree, the bumper cars line is the shortest. We also just walked around and relaxed until 1 when the staterooms are open.

P.S. I didn't get any service in the terminal (no wireless or even cell service) so download the app at home and make sure it's loaded and works before you get on the ship!

Also most public areas, restaurants (not the lido) and shops are on 4-6 with food (lido) and pools on the top decks.

Have fun!! I'm still dreaming of the cruise and it was only a month ago I was getting ready to set sail.

Thank you for all the replies. We are shooting for 10:30 arrival. Does anyone know if HBO GO or the Directv app will work on the ship for like watching movies on DVR? Our son [4] has a bunch of movies that he likes to watch. Thanks for any info.

Thank you for all the replies. We are shooting for 10:30 arrival. Does anyone know if HBO GO or the Directv app will work on the ship for like watching movies on DVR? Our son [4] has a bunch of movies that he likes to watch. Thanks for any info.

If the movies are stored on your device, there should be no problem. However, if your device will be streaming, you might have a problem because the services will detect a non-US IP address and there may be licensing issues.

If the movies are stored on your device, there should be no problem. However, if your device will be streaming, you might have a problem because the services will detect a non-US IP address and there may be licensing issues.

Oh boy that is what I was afraid. Thanks

We got there around 10 and got on board around 10:45. Cafe 270 wasn't even open (opens at 11am) so we had to stand in a long line. But after we ate lunch, the ship felt empty when we explored. We didn't realize how crowded it was until the muster drill! We walked to the SeaPlex and agree, the bumper cars line is the shortest. We also just walked around and relaxed until 1 when the staterooms are open.

P.S. I didn't get any service in the terminal (no wireless or even cell service) so download the app at home and make sure it's loaded and works before you get on the ship!

Also most public areas, restaurants (not the lido) and shops are on 4-6 with food (lido) and pools on the top decks.

Have fun!! I'm still dreaming of the cruise and it was only a month ago I was getting ready to set sail.

Can you download the day before you are scheduled to sail? Just to be on the safe side that it is really working.

Sad to hear that you still cannot get cell service in the terminal!!!! Guess we will have to call our car service while still on the ship upon our return. Some things do not change:(

MARAPRINCE

I agree that the theater on Anthem has too many poor seats. The best view is on the lower level in the tiered seats under the balcony. Just be aware of the seats obstructed by poles. If you arrive too close to showtime there may appear to be plenty of open seats, but they are most likely the obstructed view seats.

Agreed I don't think I have ever seen a worst designed theater.

Now in 270 we did enjoy watching the show from up top. The first time we sat on the "floor" and people walked around us the whole show, Up in the balcony (DS missed the first show) we had a better view and no one walking around and in front of us.

Can you download the day before you are scheduled to sail? Just to be on the safe side that it is really working.

Sad to hear that you still cannot get cell service in the terminal!!!! Guess we will have to call our car service while still on the ship upon our return. Some things do not change:(

MARAPRINCE

Download the app anytime before you sail. We downloaded it at home, while on wifi, to save our data. The app will have zero functionality when you do download it, once on the ship and you connect to Royal wifi, it works.

As far as cell service in the terminal, we had no issues with cell service in the terminal on our two sailings of Anthem.