Allure vs Oasis

Meh2o

I would prefer to see Mamma Mia. I saw CATS several years ago, at the Fox Theater in Detroit and other than the cute cat costumes I didn't care for it at all, and wouldn't go see it on Oasis so I hope that by February 2019 they have a new show. :)

I wanted to go on either the Oasis or Allure, really didn't care which, but when I saw Oasis left from Port Canaveral and Allure left from Ft. Lauderdale that made my choice right there. We much prefer PC to leave from, and spend time in before or after the cruise.

We also prefer PC.

Thats funny, when I went to book the upcoming cruise, Oasis was half the price of Allure and Oasis was for a eastern itinerary...

This was our recent experience as well. We had booked Allure for Nov 2018 in a Royal Loft Suite and ended up cancelling and booking with HAL for a myriad of reasons. I expected to write off our non refundable deposit but last week saw that the Oasis was available for the same week at a price point that was $6000 less than the Allure. Although the itinerary isn't as good as what we had booked with HAL the suite is a heck of a lot nicer for not much more than what we were paying with HAL for a Neptune suite(which could probably fit in the bathroom of the RLS).

Quite frankly I was shocked at the price differential between the Allure and Oasis, and the price drop for this suite on Oasis.

Logistics and Broadway show.

If flying into Orlando, you must then travel another 49 miles by shuttle/rental car to Port Canaveral (not an issue of course for locals). Port Everglades is a short cab ride from the airport.

I would not consider seeing Cats ever again but enjoy Mama Mia over and over.

So, I much prefer Allure over Oasis.

Mamma Mia vs Cats..that's all :evilsmile:

This question has been around many years now (2010 I think) When both were in Fort Lauderdale there was the Saturday vs Sunday argument, not there is the Port Everglades Vs Port Canaveral. Since I was first on Allure and last on Oasis, both ships have become more alike. I would happily go on either, though right now the shows would be a factor as I've done my time in Cats. :evilsmile: But seriously between the two, if I was picking a day that I wanted to go, I would choose which ever had the better itinerary that week.

We also prefer PC.

I use to have an aversion to PC (Before I actually cruised there) But now I am happy with either. If you can't get a flight home till late in the day PC does have the Cape Canaveral tour.

• 9 months later...

I made a list of tidbits for our upcoming Allure trip in March 2019 and now I booked a friend on Oasis for Nov 2018. I am wondering if my notes for Allure also hold true for Oasis - can anyone verify the following on Oasis:

1) Boardwalk Donuts Deck 6

2) Secret observation deck 14 port side forward (on wings of ship, has binoculars)

3) Deck 7 aft all the way to the back of staterooms is a door to an outside public balcony where you can observe the water show from above

4) If you are seeing a show in Amber Theater, go up to second floor and exit on Deck 5 into Promenade. Less people!

· 5) Small periscopes/telescopes around the ship have art inside if you look through the glass lens (small wonders).

Thanks in advance!

1) Boardwalk Donuts Deck 6

- No, this is gone, but they do put out some less than desirable doughnuts in that area (IMO based on April 2016)

2) Secret observation deck 14 port side forward (on wings of ship, has binoculars)

Still there, but not so much a secret any more, but I'll bet a few people still discover it on day 7 ;)

Have done a transatlantic on Allure and a transatlantic on Oasis. Can't put my finger on any one thing to make the cruises different but Allure stands out as a much more memorable cruise. Both were a totally different experience then the 7 night Oasis cruise in the Caribbean, might have something to do with a mega ship sailing with 2000 fewer kids on a TA.

Interesting input. Thanks for this thread. Allure goes into a brief dry dock in January, I think, and I'm looking at June cruises. Allure is so much cheaper than Oasis, I wonder what contributes to that. Simply the propulsion issue?

I love Allure - my favorite of the Oasis class ships. Just something about it. It also goes out of FLL which is a very easy airport/cruise port to go out of. Oasis you have to fly to Orlando and then get transfers to PC.

Both ships are great, cannot go wrong with either.