New Itinerary email.

cruisingfor 30

We are booked on the Gem out of NY Feb 24th, 2018. My sister received an email from NCL stating there would be a change in itinerary and we would be notified in 2 weeks. I never received that email. When I called NCL to be sure they had my correct email, I was told I would get the email. They were going out to everyone ship by ship, deck by deck. This is funny as my sister and I are on the same ship, same deck, adjoining rooms. Our final payment is not due til end of November. Is NCL waiting to let us know the new itinerary till after we make final payment and cant cancel without penalty? Will the Eastern Caribbean be up and running for tourists by the end of February? Has anyone else received the revised itinerary from NCL? Did anyone else not receive the notification that the itinerary would be changed? Just wondering.....

Donna

We’re on the Gem as well on Feb 24. I got the email but haven’t heard anything since. This will be our sixth time on the Gem and we’re ok with wherever we go.... we just really like the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is our 1st on the Gem and looking forward to it. Just want to go somewhere warm. Hoping to keep the original ports if they are feasible.

Well seeing as your sister got an email you now know about the changes and can change before final payment if feel you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes do share with us. I'd like to know too.

We are booked on the Gem out of NY Feb 24th, 2018. My sister received an email from NCL stating there would be a change in itinerary and we would be notified in 2 weeks. I never received that email. When I called NCL to be sure they had my correct email, I was told I would get the email. They were going out to everyone ship by ship, deck by deck. This is funny as my sister and I are on the same ship, same deck, adjoining rooms. Our final payment is not due til end of November. Is NCL waiting to let us know the new itinerary till after we make final payment and cant cancel without penalty? Will the Eastern Caribbean be up and running for tourists by the end of February? Has anyone else received the revised itinerary from NCL? Did anyone else not receive the notification that the itinerary would be changed? Just wondering.....

Donna

your final payment, not being due until late November, has nothing to do with why the decision on what port changes may occur or why you haven't been notified. .

your final payment, not being due until late November, has nothing to do with why the decision on what port changes may occur or why you haven't been notified. .

But you do realize the conspiracy theorists, who can't comprehend the complexity involved in handling ever-changing projections regarding multiple compromised ports to be called on months in the future, will think differently and espouse their suspicions here ad nauseum, don't you?

Let's see. NCL informed all (well almost all) booked pax directly that the Hurricanes had affected their itinerary. NCL went on to promise that within two weeks there would be notice of a revised itinerary. NCL did not deliver.

NCL also responded to individual pax by email with specifics about what would happen when. Some of these responses have been posted on these boards. Those promises of additional information have also not been met. The NCL call centers have provided different, and in some cases conflicting information.

Concluding from that that NCL has had crappy communications and inadequate customer service over this issue isn't conspiracy theory. Expecting NCL to have a finalized itinerary before final payment is not conspiracy theory. Some may think that expectation is unrealistic, but that doesn't make a conspiracy theory.

As far as thinking that NCL is doing, or not doing, all these things for the bottom line - even that isn't conspiracy theory. That idea simply recognizes what the NCL cheerleaders have espoused here and on a number of other threads, it's just business. NCL is just enforcing the cruise contract.

Many of us just want to know where we are going. We don't like the idea of a cruise to somewhere.

Live long and prosper.

NCL went on to promise that within two weeks there would be notice of a revised itinerary. NCL did not deliver.

Not sure if anyone was "promised" that it would be within two weeks. My email stated: "We expect having this information to you within the next two weeks as new ports of call are secured."

It took them two weeks and two days for the new one, so I give them a pass on this.

Have you seen any that promised?

Donna

Did you look on ncl.com? Often that is updated long before you get an e-mail.

As of today it still shows STT, SXM and Tortola. I suspect that they haven't made any changes yet because they are waiting to see how the islands recover. Based on the latest reports you will probably make STT. You might even make SXM. Tortola is probably going to be an issue but until they figure out the first two they can't figure that part out os they haven't made any change yet.

Donna

Hi Donna...we're booked on the Escape (March 3rd) and received an itinerary email change last Friday. Tortola and St Thomas are off our itinerary. I would guess that any island heavily hit will not be up and running in the Eastern Caribbean. I suggest you call NCL again. It would be helpful if you knew the name of the agent who originally booked you. I just looked on my "MY NCL" account and our itinerary has been revised there too. Have you created an account and checked it lately? I can tell you that NCL seems to be calling at Western Caribbean ports at least up to and including our cruise.

My email notifying me of the changed itinerary went to my travel agent (who booked the trip) not to me directly. She forwarded it to me. So if you booked using an outside agent make sure you check with them.

The original "we are going to change stuff" email from 2 weeks ago came to me directly, but the final one did not.

Donna

Not only did I receive that email I got a second one last Tuesday 10-3-17.........

Laszlo:

Thank you for you for your patience, we are hopeful that we will have all port confirmations in this morning and the letters will go out this afternoon or first thing Thursday morning.

Best,

Vivian 薇薇安

Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services

North America and China

vewart@ncl.com

305-436-4011 | fax 305-436-4036

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

cid:image001.jpg@01D33CE8.710468F0

Haven't heard a word final payment is October 25th. Not sure if we will cancel or not

Let's see. NCL informed all (well almost all) booked pax directly that the Hurricanes had affected their itinerary. NCL went on to promise that within two weeks there would be notice of a revised itinerary. NCL did not deliver.

NCL also responded to individual pax by email with specifics about what would happen when. Some of these responses have been posted on these boards. Those promises of additional information have also not been met. The NCL call centers have provided different, and in some cases conflicting information.

Concluding from that that NCL has had crappy communications and inadequate customer service over this issue isn't conspiracy theory. Expecting NCL to have a finalized itinerary before final payment is not conspiracy theory. Some may think that expectation is unrealistic, but that doesn't make a conspiracy theory.

As far as thinking that NCL is doing, or not doing, all these things for the bottom line - even that isn't conspiracy theory. That idea simply recognizes what the NCL cheerleaders have espoused here and on a number of other threads, it's just business. NCL is just enforcing the cruise contract.

Many of us just want to know where we are going. We don't like the idea of a cruise to somewhere.

Live long and prosper.

We got the two week email but nothing else. MyNCL has the old itinerary. Roll call folks have figured out what seems to be the final itinerary for our 11-27 Jade cruise. It is great for those who have never been to the ABC islands but stinks for those of us who have...a cruise we'd never have spent our time and $$$$ on. Other ships got itineraries that are a lot like what we booked, but even our two remaining ports were taken away....so we could go to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands it appears.

NOT happy but it was past final payment and there's nothing to be done.

OP, if you are concerned at all, I'd cancel now. You can always rebook later and not be stuck with paying for a cruise you don't want. (Yes, I'll make the best of it but we book for itinerary, not sitting on the ship for extra sea days or going to the same places again and again just to go on a cruise. It's fine if folks sail for the ship and sea days but that's not us.)

From reading numerous threads about this, it appears NCL sent out this 'we will tell you in 2 weeks' email to everyone booked for the next several months. It doesn't appear that they are actually delivering the information within the 2 weeks.

I don't think it's a conspiracy where they are trying to 'trick' you into making final payment and then pull out the rug from under you. Ports are coming back online as they get ready. There's absolutely no way to predict today, what will be open in feb. there's a chance you could keep your itinerary with a minor change, and there's a chance they will completely change the itinerary.

Luckily, since you are prior to final payment, you still have the option to cancel if unpredictable itinerary changes don't sit well for you. So can always cancel and then wait until it gets closer to rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the Dawn on Jan. 17th for a 11 day Eastern Carib. (Originally) cruise. We, as almost everyone I've read here on CC received the email around Sept. 19th that we would hear within two weeks on any revisions.

We did receive an email on Oct. 6th with our revised itinerary. Our final payment is due on Oct. 19th so the revision was received before the drop dead date.

Perhaps with the speculation of ports like St. Maarten and St. Thomas opening in November it becomes much more difficult for NCL to reroute all ships. Don't know, just speculating.

We are really happy with the new itinerary, and look forward to the trip. But then again, we have been on a "Hurricane Wilma" cruise on the Sun where two ports were cancelled, we stayed two days in Cozumel and a stop in Vera Cruz, which hadn't seen a cruise ship in 20 years...... and we had a blast! It is all what you make it.

Good luck OP, hope you hear soon.

Not sure if anyone was "promised" that it would be within two weeks. My email stated: "We expect having this information to you within the next two weeks as new ports of call are secured."

It took them two weeks and two days for the new one, so I give them a pass on this.

Have you seen any that promised?

I expected them to meet their self imposed time frame. I would have given them a pass if I had the info now. Getting the new ports before final payment would get them a pass too.