Escape room now $20 on Harmony

Not sure if anyone realizes if the event is free/cheap, there will be people that register for time slots that do not show up. By making it $20, people will still sign up but now there's a meaningful incentive to attend what you've registered for. The escape room isnt like MTD or the theater where if there are empty seats, you can backfill with a waitlist. Once the escape room starts, you cant join midway.

I'd say Royal could make the reservation a *deposit* rather than a fee where if you attend, you get your $20 back as OBC. The logistics of that would be annoying though.

We did the escape room on the harmony when it was free and booked full for most sessions. There were several people waiting to see if someone didn't show up, and there ended up being a couple spots for the walk-ups.

I enjoy escape rooms but I agree some people take it way too seriously and I think there was 15ish people? Way too many when you have a couple alpha dogs who make it their personal mission to take over. I would probably pay $20 if it was 8-10 people. There just seems like way too many people with the current plan and a condescending hostess when we were struggling. (Even with our alpha dogs. Haha).

But maybe I was a bit out of it anyway after spending the previous 3 hours in the infirmary with my son after an allergic reaction with food that wasn't labeled. (He did clear up a spot for the waitlist).

But on the other hand there are times when I wish we could pay extra and have access to things, so I think RC has that figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You have no justification telling me to lighten up when you tell someone they shouldn't be cruising if they can't spend $20. That is just rude and a winking emojii doesn't make it any more tolerable.

Actually, I have as much justification to tell you to lighten up as you do to criticize me for criticising people who make a comment as absurd as the one I quoted. You did notice the quotation marks, didn't you? Maybe that should have been a clue to you that those words were not my own. Oddly enough, we both seem to be annoyed by someone saying "Well, if you can't afford (fill in the blank with your choice of nominal fee increase), then maybe you shouldn't be cruising." It happens predictably in various threads.

So when I made my first comment in this thread, I had just finished reading the thread on room service fees and decided to take a preemptive shot at that silly notion showing up here. I was not saying that myself, I was sarcastically criticising it. Sorry you can't tell the difference.

By the way, have you attacked those who made that comment sincerely in other threads, in the same manner that you have berated me here?

Oy vey. [emoji53] (cute emoji added for your reading pleasure)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

wonder if they charge on the anthem ? I haven't been able to book it yet and we cruise in about 11 days

As an FYI. My family booked too late to get reservations for ifly, etc b4 the cruise. What we did was book after we boarded the ship. They had crew available to help book in the Box office on the 4th floor. The same folks who are helping to book Northstar and ifly have access to also help you make a reservation to the Puzzle break room.

Thx,

Debbie

As an FYI. My family booked too late to get reservations for ifly, etc b4 the cruise. What we did was book after we boarded the ship. They had crew available to help book in the Box office on the 4th floor. The same folks who are helping to book Northstar and ifly have access to also help you make a reservation to the Puzzle break room.

Thx,

Debbie

Just a minor note. We're on Anthem now as well.

Northstar and ifly could only be booked once onboard, either in person or via the Royal IQ app. Puzzle break can also be booked with the app.

It now includes a free drink so you can think better to solve the puzzle.

So I suspect you are joking but then figured it was worth asking: Are you joking? or are they really offering a free drink?

Do they even allow drinks in the room?

bobj

We did it on Anthem when it was free. Had a great time but probably wouldn’t have paid $40 for both of us.

It’s worrying that activities/entertainment are becoming chargeable however I guess they can do it because of the limited numbers the escape room can accommodate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it was over-priced when it was free on the Anthem. If you are in a group of zombies, that we were, it was just an hour of frustration for me.

JC

Inb4 "If you can't afford $20, then you shouldn't be cruising! "

[emoji12]

joke

dʒəʊk/

noun

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    "she was in a mood to tell jokes"

•  

By that definition it wasn't a joke. IMHO, inb4 someone says, that's my opinion.

I found the escape room frustrating and not so good. I thought it would be like a treasure hunt of clues but it ended up being highly Sci Fi and a bit odd. I was by myself and the other folks were from all over. You must get a group of folks you already know to go in with. Otherwise it gets annoying and no so much if one person dominates.

I had a great time in the escape room on the Anthem. We had a couple of dull bulbs in the light fixture, but most of us (and I only knew one other person there) were into it, reasonably intelligent, and we worked well together. I'd have paid $20 for it without complaint (I think it was $9). We had 12 people in our group.

My friend and I both enjoyed it, but she's an introvert where I'm an extrovert. We got done and I was buzzing with energy. She said she felt like she could sleep for a week.

Just a minor note. We're on Anthem now as well.

Northstar and ifly could only be booked once onboard, either in person or via the Royal IQ app. Puzzle break can also be booked with the app.

Chris -

Will be boarding tomorrow. What time did embarkation begin for you last Saturday?

Chris -

Will be boarding tomorrow. What time did embarkation begin for you last Saturday?

I can't give you a first hand answer as we were delayed in NY traffic and didn't board until 1:15. [emoji33]

From what I hear though, boarding started in the 11:00 to 11:30 range.