Royal Caribbean hints at big reveal 11.7.17

mcatmcat

Itinerary change in regards to your Explorer of the Seas sailing on April 23, 2019.

Due to scheduling conflicts created by ship re-positioning plans, the Explorer of the Seas sailing on April 23, 2019 has been cancelled.

This cruise was 23 day Sydney to Seattle. Thank goodness I didn't book an airline ticket yet. More information later

Itinerary change in regards to your Explorer of the Seas sailing on April 23, 2019.

Due to scheduling conflicts created by ship re-positioning plans, the Explorer of the Seas sailing on April 23, 2019 has been cancelled.

This cruise was 23 day Sydney to Seattle. Thank goodness I didn't book an airline ticket yet. More information later

Welcome to CC.

A whole thread dedicated to that: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2562123

Kind of early to book airfare anyway

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Radiance has gone on different routes over the past 3 years...we went up Tracy Arm Fjord on Radiance...and have more than 100 photos of the run up there to Sawyer Glacier. Enough said.

If memory serves, Radiance class was designed with Alaska in mind.

Was extremely happy and excited to see Mariner coming to Port Canaveral for 3-4 night cruises. We live about 45 minutes from port and Mariner was our first RCL cruise back in 2005. Looking forward to booking some weekend getaways on her. My poor husband's wallet:D

Ovation to Alaska

Oasis to Miami

Symphony (stays in Miami)

Allure back to FLL

Harmony to Port Canaveral

Mariner (back to its original home - Port Canaveral)

Navigator to Miami.

Competition (between brands) is a good think for the consumer. So for those who wanted a Quantum Class in Alaska (yes including Hoopster who has talked about it on CC a lot) good for you. Congrats!

Port Canaveral getting both the Mariner and the Harmony!!!

Sounds like a win-win to me!!

I like that too. Mariner is coming home.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! Mariner Of The Seas doing the 3-4 nighter from Port Canaveral is EPIC & Harmony replacing Oasis.....WOW!

Even thought I've never sailed Mariner, my sister got married on her & I got to go onboard for a few hours for the wedding & that started my obsession with cruising.

Home indeed. We took our first Royal Caribbean cruise on Mariner from Port Canaveral with Captain Johnny.

How fitting, Mariner back to PC and Captain Johnny back to PC with Harmony (Assuming he stays on. He usually stays on a ship for a few years).

As a PC home-porter, this, this, this, this, this, this!!!

I love having Navigator and Mariner back on the list. We love these girls.

I told Mrs. Poncho that we've got a bunch of cruise planning to do! Ovation in Alaska, check! Harmony in PC, check! Mariner finally comes home, check, check, check, check, check, check! (no joke, I've never been more excited about cruising up to this point in my cruising life because Mariner in town for shorties AS A LAST MINUTE LOCAL CRUISER is an epic thing... there is a reason we haven't done a shorty since Enchantment left and that reason is named Majesty) Navigator as a shorty backup just is icing on the cake!

Was extremely happy and excited to see Mariner coming to Port Canaveral for 3-4 night cruises. We live about 45 minutes from port and Mariner was our first RCL cruise back in 2005. Looking forward to booking some weekend getaways on her. My poor husband's wallet:D

Whoa. Ours was 2007, but we're in the 30-45 minute range and as I just said above... SHORTIES ARE BACK ON THE MENU!!!! I warned my wife that this means a lot more cruising. Her reply was "Oh no, please don't twist my arm! Please don't make me do that! I can't bear all the pleasurable vacations!"

(CocoCay)

There was an announcement on March 8th:

"The announcement marks a significant investment in The Bahamas, and it will include construction of a pier, additional guest features and amenities, and new opportunities for vendors and craftsmen to promote the culture of The Bahamas to visitors. The pier will be able to handle Oasis class cruise ships.

Bayley described the new additions coming to CocoCay as, "innovative" and "entertaining". He also indicated the construction will take a multi-phased approach, with some elements of the new construction ready in 2018, and construction complete sometime in 2019. In the meantime, Bayley said ships will continue to stop at CocoCay without any disruption."

Really curious as to how much new construction has been visible at CocoCay, and whether there are signs of the new pier being built (it's kinda hard to hide something like that).

Not an idle question and I'm hoping the work can be done early in 2019 rather than later. I'll be on a charter on Independence in Feb. 2019* and we're hoping for a fresh port to visit. CocoCay would be awesome.

----

* Uh-oh.....unless the Indy is moving away from South Florida? That's a scary thought, as this charter is now too big to fit on anything smaller and the pool-deck stage was painstakingly redesigned specifically for Freedom-class.

(CocoCay)

Really curious as to how much new construction has been visible at CocoCay, and whether there are signs of the new pier being built (it's kinda hard to hide something like that).

Not an idle question and I'm hoping the work can be done early in 2019 rather than later. I'll be on a charter on Independence in Feb. 2019* and we're hoping for a fresh port to visit. CocoCay would be awesome.

----

* Uh-oh.....unless the Indy is moving away from South Florida? That's a scary thought, as this charter is now too big to fit on anything smaller and the pool-deck stage was painstakingly redesigned specifically for Freedom-class.

I will be there next week, as long as the seas cooperate, will try to take some pictures.

(CocoCay)

I will be there next week, as long as the seas cooperate, will try to take some pictures.

Several pilings are in the process of being installed. Kinda slow going, I've been there several times this fall, and never see anyone working.