Royal Caribbean hints at big reveal 11.7.17

mcatmcat

Allure moves to Miami in November 2018. Until then, it stays in Port Everglades.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much!

I always seem to sail on ships right before they move, especially on NCL LOL

Thanks!

I think that part of the release may be incorrect. Don't recall Allure sailing out of Miami. As mentioned earlier, I have a booking for Easter '18, which was booked more than a year ago and sailing out of FLL.

We have an Allure booking from Ft Lauderdale in Jan 2018.

That certainly sounds like while they may indeed bring Ovation to Alaska for a limited period of time, it will likely be used on the North and South runs, but not the Inner Passage routes (already supported by Radiance).

There's no reason to think that Ovation will do anything other than replace Explorer, including the itinerary from Seattle.

It has been replaced by a re-positioning cruise from Sydney to Singapore. Sounds like Explorer is going back to Asia.

Did they send you a itinerary for that Ovation Tp? Would love to see if the ports are similar.

Wish they did. We have to wait for the scheduled release date in December.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This is what is specifically posted...note the highlighted part):

ALASKA ITINERARIES OPEN WEEK OF DECEMBER 11

There's never been an Alaska view like this. Ovation of the Seas[emoji768] makes its wilderness debut in 2019 as the first ever Quantum Class ship in the Last Frontier, bringing North Star views to the glacial coast. And Radiance of the Seas[emoji768] returns for exciting open-jaw itineraries.

That certainly sounds like while they may indeed bring Ovation to Alaska for a limited period of time, it will likely be used on the North and South runs, but not the Inner Passage routes (already supported by Radiance). For those folks willing to pay for the higher cost of air travel to different starting and final ports (as is the case with North/South routes), and maybe miss out on parts of the Inner Passage route...that would be good news.

That also seems to mean that Ovation might pretty much echo what Radiance does, in terms of Australia/New Zealand runs in the U.S. Winter timeframe (Australia Spring/Summertime), them maybe hit Hawaii on the way up to Alaska for that season. All that makes sense if the new Quantum class ship replaces Ovation on the Asia routes in 2019.

The Explorer was sailing the Alaska itineraries round trip from Seattle. Radiance sails the northbound and southbound itineraries. I would expect Ovation to take over for Explorer for the round trip itineraries. Radiance should continue it's NZ runs. See no reason for that to change.

The Explorer was sailing the Alaska itineraries round trip from Seattle. Radiance sails the northbound and southbound itineraries. I would expect Ovation to take over for Explorer for the round trip itineraries. Radiance should continue it's NZ runs. See no reason for that to change.

Perhaps...but the specific ports should be interesting. Ovation won't "fit" in some that Radiance does.

The press release does say "Ovation will sail 7-night itineraries to destinations from Juneau to Victoria, British Columbia", so sounds like it is what Explorer is doing.

Perhaps...but the specific ports should be interesting. Ovation won't "fit" in some that Radiance does.

Radiance does the north/south one ways from Vancouver - has done for a few years. Much as I would like a Quantum class parked next to downtown Vancouver, pretty sure that the Ovation won't fit under the Lions Gate Bridge!

Radiance will still be doing those ports. Ovation will likely be sailing the Explorer itineraries.

I am wondering that also. I am on Harmony on April, 14th 2019.

I don’t know, but my educated (?) guess is that when Oasis goes to Europe, say Apr/May 2019, Harmony and Allure reposition to PC and PE. If not, then PC (Orlando) is without a big ship doing 7 day cruises for the summer 2019. That’s a big market to leave without a 7-day option on a large ship during vacation time.

Oasis returns Fall 2019, goes to Miami.

Then, in 2020 when Allure dry docks, we start the music again.

mac_tlc

And the speculation about having a Quantum class ship in Alaska is also correct. Our April 2019 TP on Explorer was just cancelled and one of the options offered in the email is to book the TP on Ovation in 2019.

Does that mean you have the option of moving your booking to the TP on the Ovation for 2019?

I was booked on the Ovation March 2019 Sydney to Singapore and have the option to move to the Explorer Sydney to Singapore instead. However I would be much more interested in the Ovation Sydney to the West Coast reposition but of course it isn't open for booking yet. I haven't called up RCCL yet, but wonder if I will get the option of moving routes rather than moving ships?

Pity we can't just swap bookings!

Radiance does the north/south one ways from Vancouver - has done for a few years. Much as I would like a Quantum class parked next to downtown Vancouver, pretty sure that the Ovation won't fit under the Lions Gate Bridge!

Agree.

Radiance will still be doing those ports. Ovation will likely be sailing the Explorer itineraries.

There's not even a vague reference that Ovation will/can go to the same Inner Passage locations. Speculation is just that.

Does that mean you have the option of moving your booking to the TP on the Ovation for 2019?

I was booked on the Ovation March 2019 Sydney to Singapore and have the option to move to the Explorer Sydney to Singapore instead. However I would be much more interested in the Ovation Sydney to the West Coast reposition but of course it isn't open for booking yet. I haven't called up RCCL yet, but wonder if I will get the option of moving routes rather than moving ships?

Pity we can't just swap bookings!

We have an option to received a 20% FCC based on cruise fare paid if we change to the Ovation TP. If the FCC is based on what we paid for the Explorer TP, all we had paid so far was our deposit. We were really looking forward to sailing the TP, so will wait for the itinerary details for Ovation.

So nothing about Coco Kay at all..

There was some mention of it, in terms of more/larger ships going to it.

Separate from today's announcement, there have been various tidbits that more investment is being made by RCI to expand what that destination has to offer in terms of food, entertainment, and other offerings. More announcement detail is coming tomorrow...maybe that's when additional details will surface.