Ss explorer, grand crossing 11/24/17

ronrick1943

Today Bermuda

This morning we ported in Bermuda.* First thing the Butler brought in breakfast, coffee, fresh fruit and breakfast rolls.* This Butler is right on time everyday and set up is fast.* Talks*very little, but*making sure all is right.**

It's clear and the sun is coming up.* We have a tour today, Destination Service is well organized and were on are way to meet the tour.* It's the boat tour around the island looking at homes.* Nicely done, good tour person.* We're just not tour people, so that tells you it was just OK for us.* But I'm sure others enjoyed the journey.

Back on ship we met up with a few couples we enjoy and had lunch in La Veranda.* La Veranda is a nice place open and airy, good food and excellent service.* You kind of forget your at a buffet.* After we moved to the cafe outside for dessert.* Regent really makes good ice cream.* Kind of sorry we have doctor appointments when we get back.* Didn't attend any lectures on the ship and don't need one when we get back home from my doctor.

Kind of wonder how much ice cream, cookies, desserts, fries, and other foods we know we should not eat if we had our doctors on board with us would be eaten. Guess that would be a big savings for Regent.

Had coffee with others and talked awhile.

OK, off to the Cruise Consultant.* We have 2 already booked cruises with Regent and are looking forward to those, next up Miami to San Francisco.* After that Tokyo to Vancouver.* What we want isn't out yet, so we purchased a further cruise certificate.* So I'm guessing you think we do like Regent and you'd be right.* I think what puts Regent over the top for us is the crew.* This crusie wasn't perfect, (most aren't ) but this cruise better than most we've taken.**

Tonight we dined in Compass Rose. No complaints here, food very good and service as everyplace on the ship is excellent.*

Also should mention the front desk lobby, had a few little problems with my tablet and the computer person was out.* Chris at front desk was terrific.* Fixed my problem and I was on my way.* Chris and the others always willing to help with a smile.

Tonights show is The Songs of Peggy Lee, could be good.* But not for us, back to my book and a movie.

Rick & Ron

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I was curious whether you asked the cruise consultant about trying to get the onboard savings towards one of the cruises that you booked without it? I have had that done for us, and I believe seeing posts that others have as well. I have found the experience level and collegiality is quite different between the different consultants. Nice thread, glad you are both enjoying Regent.

I'm enjoying your review very much. I also hope that next month, when I'm cruising we don't have a night of Peggy Lee songs - I really didn't have a clue what she sang. I know who she is (trivia you know), but that would be about it. Enjoy your remaining days!

I was curious whether you asked the cruise consultant about trying to get the onboard savings towards one of the cruises that you booked without it? I have had that done for us, and I believe seeing posts that others have as well. I have found the experience level and collegiality is quite different between the different consultants. Nice thread, glad you are both enjoying Regent.
We did and he checked vor us. However the suite type we want was sold out and waitlisted. The 2nd cruise we had booked, the whole cruise is sold out so thet couldn't help us but he tried. That's why we purchased the certificate for our next booking. The cruise we want isn't out yet, but we'll be ready. Our TA knows what we're looking for and is on top of it. She'll use the certificate when booking the cruise.

I'm enjoying your review very much. I also hope that next month, when I'm cruising we don't have a night of Peggy Lee songs - I really didn't have a clue what she sang. I know who she is (trivia you know), but that would be about it. Enjoy your remaining days!
Me either, and we don't want to find out.

If it's* Tuesday it must be Bermuda

This morning was just like every other morning, the Butler arrived with coffee, toast and fresh fruit.* Set the breakfast table with fresh linen and pour coffee, we're starting to wonder why we only booked 14 days.* But so be it, we'll be back on Regent in April.

This morning we took a walk around the dock area, and the shopping mall.* The walk was nice, the mall not so much.* Decided to go back to the ship.* Once on the ship we stopped at the coffee cafe, didn't know they had really, really good donuts.* The glazed with custard inside, the best.* Reminds me of when the Helms Truck came to the neighborhood a long, long time ago.* I think you had to live in LA area to know what I* mean.* I now know where I'll be tomorrow morning after coffee.

Had lunch outside today.* At the table next to us we just met cruisers from the desert were we live.* Who would think, it was nice talking to them.* Today's feature at lunch was hamburgers your way.* One of the burgers was a salmon burger.* Now I know why I've never had one before.* Ron's was a spicy burger with everything on it, he enjoyed his.

Tonight dinner at Chartreuse, this is truly my favorite restaurant.* We're meeting people we met on the plane (J&D) for dinner tonight.* What can I say, company was super nice and really good people.* *Food and service outstanding again.* I'm* starting to sound like a recording, but were enjoying being on this ship.

Rick & Ron

Hi Rick. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley. The Helms truck was the highlight of every kids day! Really enjoying your posts. Next month I'll be on the Navigator. I can hardly wait. Enjoy your last few days.

Hi Rick. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley. The Helms truck was the highlight of every kids day! Really enjoying your posts. Next month I'll be on the Navigator. I can hardly wait. Enjoy your last few days.

Crusin7 - don't forget to sign up for the M&M!

On are way to Miami

This morning only coffee in the suite.* Butler on time like a clock.* We wanted to try Compass Rose for breakfast, this will be the first time.* Since the cruise is all most over.* I was thinking after breakfast we'd stop at the Coffee Cafe for a donut, boy those donuts are really good.* Wished I found them earlier on the cruise.* However we decided to sit outside.* It was a start to a beautiful day!*

Overall, breakfast was good, the eggs cooked just the way I had asked, over easy.* Food and service very good.**

Another place I haven't been yet is the gym, (Ron's been)* but I hear it's nice so I'll stop by this afternoon.* That way I can tell the doctor I went to the gym during the cruise.* Its*a great gym.***

Up to pool deck to see whats going on, saw some people we met before and sit down to talk.* Before we knew it, it was lunch time, so what else could we do except have lunch in La Veranda.* Another*good lunch.

Well it's* nap time for me and Ron is going to watch a movie.* Came into our suite to find it decorated for his birthday, balloons, banner and all.* Pretty nice thing to do on Regents*part.* It was done after Ron went to a galley tour!**

Dinner tonight in Pacific Rim with some new friends from the cruise.* We're going to meet here in the suite for cocktails.* Pacific Rim was great again, the food, the service and the birthday cake was specially a nice touch.

As another day comes to a close, another sea day tomorrow starts.* Can't say what it will bring, but if it's anything like the other 12 this will be a great cruise to the end.* Really we can't say enough about this cruise, it's been one of best.* Not everything was perfect, but*you have to let the little things pass so the good comes through.* After all everything can be corrected, which Regent did when something did go wrong.* So really nothing to complain about.

Ron is thinking maybe we need to go on a longer cruise, I'm thinking great like 18 days, he's thinking more like 30 or more days. Not sure about that, we'll see.

Rick & Ron

Well, it's the last night for this trip. I'm going to stop for a few days till we get home. All is good on the SS Explorer, had a great cruise and don't expect anything to change in the hours ahead. Tonight dinner in Prime7. Looking forward to our April cruise on Regent. Once home I'll come back with a recap. Any questions, just ask.

Rick & Ron

Sorry we didn't get the opportunity to meet both of you on this cruise. Loved reading your blog.

As for us, we agree with everything you have written, so we have little to contribute!

Great cruise, met wonderful, friendly people. Service was impeccable. Food fabulous. Did ok at trivia.

Until we meet again---

Sheila and Herb

Welcome home and thank you for trip report. If you have time, could you post some photos of your Grand Suite?

Thanks, We don't take many (sometimes none) during our trips. However I think Ron took a few on his phone. So if we can do it, we will soon. Sorry, Rick & Ron

THE LAST WORD :)

Our final thoughts of the cruise, please don’t forget this is only our opinion and others may not see it the same as we did.

Did we enjoy this cruise on Regent? As a first time cruiser on Regent, we’d have to say yes. In fact it was one of our best cruises. We’ll we book again, absolutely, we have 2 additional bookings and purchased a Regent Cruise Certificate for another cruise while on the ship.

Getting on the ship was easy and didn’t take much time at all.

Let’s talk about the crew on the ship. Really nice people, I don’t think we saw any unhappy employees, this had to be the happiness crew on the sea. They couldn’t have done anything better. After all it’s not just the hard product but the soft product is really important. Every crew member made you feel welcome and wanted your business.

Passengers, mixed group from a few kids to older people. I was surprised I was a little younger then most, but the passengers were not as old as we were lead to believe. We made a few friends and had a lot of conversations during this cruise.

The suite, yes we had the Grand Suite number 785 in the back of the ship. Really nice suite. The living room nice, dining area not so nice but worked for us. The bath was super nice with a Jacuzzi (big) and a really super great shower. The bedroom was good size and the bed comfortable. The deck was big, very nice size. But the weather wasn’t that great for this trip so we didn’t get to use it that much.

The Suite Stewards were unbelievable, you couldn’t have asked for anybody better. The Butler was good and took care of any request we had. It took a few days to get to know us, once that happened you’d have to add very good, but it took sometime to get to that point.

The food, in one word. “Wonderful”. We didn’t have a bad meal on the ship, breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between was great. Best restaurant for us was Chartreuse followed equally by Prime 7, Pacific Rim, Sette Mari then Compass Rose. La Veranda was very good as well as the Pool Grill. Loved the Coffee Café. Butler Food Service we only did breakfast and lunch (one day), this area still needs work. I think Room Service via the Butler was only fair at best.

The Sunday Sea Brunch in Compass Rose was excellence. It seem liked everybody on the ship attended this event, the staff also did an excellence job in handling this event.

The entrainment was better than I was thinking it would be, the productions shows were very good, enjoyed them. Didn’t attend the other shows so no comment for those. Didn’t go to any of the lectures.

The pool area was nicely done. Weather wasn’t great but no lounge hogs, easy to get a place to people watch. Staff always around to get you anything you need.

The Cooking school was fun and you did learn a few things. The Chef that taught the class was great. We did 3 of the workshops, and they are hands on cooking. Worth the price paid.

Tours, the ones we took we had fun and they did a good job. Can’t say anything bad regarding the tours or the staff on the ship that handles them.

Front desk, super nice people, knowledgeable, helpful.

Cruise Consultant, busy—make an appointment. Very helpful and had ideas before you asked.

Getting off the ship didn’t take that long. The luggage was easy to find and well organized. We did wait in our suite, then went down to the Coffee Café before leaving. We booked a later flight out so we could take are time getting off. We watched the people waiting to get off the ship---don’t know why people have to hurry to get off-it’s best to take a flight you don’t have to run for, your talking a few extra hours. We had a car service waiting, took the luggage and dropped us at the airport. Checked the luggage, went thought security, had a light lunch and walked to the gate. Easy without the rush.

I can’t think of anything else, however if you have a question let us know.

OK, just to restate----yes we had a great time and looking forward to April 2018 for our next cruise.

Rick & Ron

PS, Ron will post a few photo’s if you want, however the few photo’s he took are on his laptop, but not sure how to post to CC from his laptop. Any suggestions?