Refillable Water Bottle Question

sweetmelissa

I know you are not allowed to bring bottled water on NCL, but can you bring a refillable water bottle with you?

If so. are you allowed to bring it on and off the ship filled with water?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, just trying to figure out how to take water with us for excursions and ports.

Thank you.

Thank you both!

You can fill it from your stateroom faucet. Or if you use water dispensers (e.g., Buffet Water Stations), you must use a clean cup to get water from the dispenser and pour it into your water bottle. Some restaurant waiters and bartenders can also help you filling a bottle.

Bring a wide mouth bottle, so you can put ice in it, too! The water in your cabin will never "run cold"...so ice is required! You can get ice water at any bar and eating venue whenever you want while on the ship, so you don't need to carry a bottle around with you.

Yes and yes. I never dumped my water and I never had a problem getting back on the ship. I brought my empty to the dining room and asked them to fill it with ice and water (not iced water only). They did, happily. I recommend NOT filling with your tap water. I was advised by NCL guest services personnel to NOT do this. FYI.

I know you are not allowed to bring bottled water on NCL, but can you bring a refillable water bottle with you?

If so. are you allowed to bring it on and off the ship filled with water?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, just trying to figure out how to take water with us for excursions and ports.

Thank you.

You are allowed to bring an EMPTY refillable bottle onto the ship. You are not allowed to bring it on filled with water. Empty it before returning to ship.

You may bring it OFF the ship filled with water.

I recommend NOT filling with your tap water. I was advised by NCL guest services personnel to NOT do this.

Why?

Personally we always fill our large mouth water bottles with water and ice from the ice bucket and then also store it in the fridge overnight. When we take it off it is very cold and almost undrinkable. At some point towards the end of the day we empty any remaining water where it will do good, plenty of gardens about, and then take back on board the empty bottles to refill them again.

I always bring an empty bottle on board.

Please do not fill it directly from the dispensers at the buffet. I always use a clean cup and if it touches my bottle I get a fresh cup so no cross contamination occurs.

looks like Discount Mugs has them you can order 1

https://www.discountmugs.com/nc/new-cart.php?_ga=2.201926673.1245276111.1512275162-861107701.1512275162

But I am pretty sure have seen them at target or walmart.

That link takes me to an empty cart. Searching for them now, can't find it.

Have found some cheap water bottles on Amazon.

looks like Discount Mugs has them you can order 1

https://www.discountmugs.com/nc/new-cart.php?_ga=2.201926673.1245276111.1512275162-861107701.1512275162

But I am pretty sure have seen them at target or walmart.

Cruise Critic "amended" my original url with a bunch of asterisks & I'm unable to supply the link after several tries of messing with it. If you go to Amazon and search for refillable water bottles, they have the same style available.

Edited by mammajamma2013
I gave up