Adventure OF The Seas, Diamond Lounge, Suite Lounge

FIRELT5

• 4 weeks later...
CK needs to added as part of suite perks..move all ships into the fold....not sure if other suite perks are added..no res. needed for shows and reserved seats?

There are no show reservations for ships other that Oasis and Quantum classes.

After the dry dock, the Concierge Lounge will be gone. That space will become something else, details of which I forgot. Could be a library, game room, staterooms, etc.

Deck plan on the booking page shows 4 interior staterooms.

• 1 month later...

For what it is worth my thoughts on this. Previous years there were originally two lounges, a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. The CL was for real Suite's above above Jr. ( then they were designated by letters A,B,C,D now fancy names ) AND Diamond members. Eventually became too many Diamond members so the designation Diamond PLUS was added about 10 years ago. That required the same again number of cruises ( now point system ) as we achieved to get to Diamond. When Diamond PLUS was added Diamond members were no longer allowed into Concierge. Yes the loyalty benefit was taken away from Diamonds. Makes sense since once you were a diamond you could book any cabin and still have perks of suites, I am sure many booked less expensive and used savings for more cruises. I know we did, stopped booking Suites and started booking Jr Suites once we became Diamond.

Now 10 plus years later RCL finds itself in same position I would think, too many Diamond and Plus, too many Plus for Concierge. So again they can add space or lounges or change benefits. Currently as most see usually, Diamond lounge is increased to a large lounge area plus the drinks on card at bar system. That doesn't help Concierge lounge congestion.

Here's my bet, Diamond Plus has access to Concierge lounge IF CL exists in future. Of course if none exists you don't have access. NEW lounge is SUITE lounge, only suite guests allowed in.

We sail Adventure in May DPlus and if they still have CL we do have access. Listed under benefits on page would be hard to keep me out :) If they change to Suite lounge and eliminate CL then figure SOL ...

George in NY

I'm curious why they don't appear to plan to use the entire game and card room area on AD for the new Suite Lounge. The unused area does not seem to be large enough for a restaurant.

Bob, they have used the whole of that area, plus an outdoor seating area at the top overlooking the sports court

For what it is worth my thoughts on this. Previous years there were originally two lounges, a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. The CL was for real Suite's above above Jr. ( then they were designated by letters A,B,C,D now fancy names ) AND Diamond members. Eventually became too many Diamond members so the designation Diamond PLUS was added about 10 years ago. That required the same again number of cruises ( now point system ) as we achieved to get to Diamond. When Diamond PLUS was added Diamond members were no longer allowed into Concierge. Yes the loyalty benefit was taken away from Diamonds. Makes sense since once you were a diamond you could book any cabin and still have perks of suites, I am sure many booked less expensive and used savings for more cruises. I know we did, stopped booking Suites and started booking Jr Suites once we became Diamond.

Now 10 plus years later RCL finds itself in same position I would think, too many Diamond and Plus, too many Plus for Concierge. So again they can add space or lounges or change benefits. Currently as most see usually, Diamond lounge is increased to a large lounge area plus the drinks on card at bar system. That doesn't help Concierge lounge congestion.

Here's my bet, Diamond Plus has access to Concierge lounge IF CL exists in future. Of course if none exists you don't have access. NEW lounge is SUITE lounge, only suite guests allowed in.

We sail Adventure in May DPlus and if they still have CL we do have access. Listed under benefits on page would be hard to keep me out :) If they change to Suite lounge and eliminate CL then figure SOL ...

George in NY

CL was removed on AD during recent dry dock. SL was added on deck 14 (full suites & Pinnacles only). D & up can still use the DL, also on deck 14.

George in NY

Adventure now has Suite Lounge. Want Suite perks, book Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CL was removed on AD during recent dry dock. SL was added on deck 14 (full suites & Pinnacles only). D & up can still use the DL, also on deck 14.

So as I thought, they basically eliminated any extra perk for being Diamond Plus. I am presuming that pool deck reserved seats are for SUITE only as well. Hope they at least added better hors-duerves for Diamond lounge. Staying with what is now normal practice, charge more and more, give less and less.

George in NY

So as I thought, they basically eliminated any extra perk for being Diamond Plus. I am presuming that pool deck reserved seats are for SUITE only as well. Hope they at least added better hors-duerves for Diamond lounge. Staying with what is now normal practice, charge more and more, give less and less.

George in NY

The pool deck reserved seats have always been for suites, and Pinnacles were added later. That is one perk that was not lost to Diamond Plus.

Adventure now has Suite Lounge. Want Suite perks, book Suites.

Obviously, however that works against us when we travel with friends. Some do not want or simply can't afford suites. That requires us to book a JR, if not then friends cannot spend time same lounges etc. The other thing is that Suite perks are not that great. Not enough to make it worth double or better he price unless you just want more room. I mean not that it is problem for line, suites and bottom categories usually the first to sell anyway.

Not a problem for us, we just keep cutting back our cruise time in favor of land time.

George in NY

The pool deck reserved seats have always been for suites, and Pinnacles were added later. That is one perk that was not lost to Diamond Plus.

Thanks Bob, you are surely correct, probably had a suite the previous times I sailed this class of ship, in fact now that I think of it I did. Never sailed Adventure Seas but have sailed Explorer and Voyager a couple times each. Go back to when the ice cream stand in the mall area was FREE, though it wasn't Hagen Das. I heard someone was charging for popcorn at movies now, is that RCL? Penny wise pound foolish. Make land look more and more a better deal, never rocks and rolls. Okay earthquake maybe :)

I confuse ships and lines now, obviously have cruised to much :) Princess and Holland America preference lines for me now but they are dumbing cruising down too, just not as fast as some. Corporate public stock companies versus family run ship lines as they used to be. It shows :(

George in NY