Adventure OF The Seas, Diamond Lounge, Suite Lounge

FIRELT5

Here are some pics from the Suite lounge I took on the Adventure, Feb 12th, first sailing after dry dock

Now let me ask, they still have hot hours-duerves, free cocktails better than bar stock at least Dewars, bar servers, etc couple hours before dinner?

George in NY

The Adventure Diamond lounge Hors' dourves were hit or miss last week. Pre-cooked ahead of time - not hot, and not restocked some nights. I saw them setting up around 4PM, and by the time we arrived at 6 most were gone. I did enjoy the coconut shrimp and chicken wings when they did restock them on 2 of the nights,

For what it is worth my thoughts on this. Previous years there were originally two lounges, a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. The CL was for real Suite's above above Jr. ( then they were designated by letters A,B,C,D now fancy names ) AND Diamond members. Eventually became too many Diamond members so the designation Diamond PLUS was added about 10 years ago. That required the same again number of cruises ( now point system ) as we achieved to get to Diamond. When Diamond PLUS was added Diamond members were no longer allowed into Concierge. Yes the loyalty benefit was taken away from Diamonds. Makes sense since once you were a diamond you could book any cabin and still have perks of suites, I am sure many booked less expensive and used savings for more cruises. I know we did, stopped booking Suites and started booking Jr Suites once we became Diamond.

Now 10 plus years later RCL finds itself in same position I would think, too many Diamond and Plus, too many Plus for Concierge. So again they can add space or lounges or change benefits. Currently as most see usually, Diamond lounge is increased to a large lounge area plus the drinks on card at bar system. That doesn't help Concierge lounge congestion.

Here's my bet, Diamond Plus has access to Concierge lounge IF CL exists in future. Of course if none exists you don't have access. NEW lounge is SUITE lounge, only suite guests allowed in.

We sail Adventure in May DPlus and if they still have CL we do have access. Listed under benefits on page would be hard to keep me out :) If they change to Suite lounge and eliminate CL then figure SOL ...

George in NY

Hi George,

We are currently on AOS & doing March 3 cruise as well. We do not have access to Suite Lounge only Diamond Lounge. The count onboard is 7 Pinnacles, 85 Diamond Plus & 260 Diamond. The Blue Moon bar area is being used for overflow from DL. We always seem to get a seat.

Yup, it's too bad CL was taken away. Guess this makes us look forward to our cruises on the Jewel in April as they haven't changed yet. Not yet anyway. Must admit the DL/CL appetizers were better on Jewel. At least the champagne is still ok!!

Cheers,

NJ

Talk about inconsistent - the D concierge on the 2/12 sailing said they won't offer any overflow (the upper tier C&A numbers were similar).

Looking at the deck plans, it appears the Suite “Sweet” Lounge is significantly bigger than the DL? What’s your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking at the deck plans, it appears the Suite “Sweet” Lounge is significantly bigger than the DL? What’s your opinion?

Don't think SL is significantly larger than DL. The shape of lounge is just longer or rectangular. There's a glass door to SL (locked) so you can see in from Blue Moon & rock climibing area.

Also the outdoor patio is now being used by rockclimbers so no access. Altho we did notice there are a couple of tables still off in one small corner if you want to sit there. As well as some bar stools against a railing but not that comfortable maybe.

NJ

• 3 months later...
as a suite guest..can one order from the MDR up to the SL in the evening and eat there?

There's no facility for eating dinner in Adventure's Suite Lounge. No dining tables. Room service goes to your stateroom.

I'm a D+ and had (have) no concern about booking Adventure for the Canada Snowbird Oct 2019 cruise. An amazing itinerary and wouldn't pass up the great deal or cabin location I got just because of what may happen with the CL.

I'm booked on the Snowbird also. Just hope there is a nice Diamond lounge. The one on Liberty was so small that I ended up going only once and chose a bar to people watch instead. Missed having bar stools in the lounge to sit at if no "friendly" groups there.

I'm booked on the Snowbird also. Just hope there is a nice Diamond lounge. The one on Liberty was so small that I ended up going only once and chose a bar to people watch instead. Missed having bar stools in the lounge to sit at if no "friendly" groups there.

The Diamond Lounge on the Liberty is the same size as most other Diamond Lounges, and larger than many.

I agree. The Diamond Club with outdoor seating was excellent. Far better than the old CL.

Have you tryout the outside space on the Liberty in July, August, or September that wouldn’t be my description.

I don't believe Adventure currently has a Suite Lounge. I'm thinking that will happen in the Jan/Feb dry dock. The Suite Lounge gives access to full suite guests and Pinnacle Club members.

Hey Bob,

We were on Adventure in Feb. 23/Mar. 3 - there is a Suite Lounge. As D+ we were not allowed access. Only Suites/Pinnacles in SL.

NJ

Hey Bob,

We were on Adventure in Feb. 23/Mar. 3 - there is a Suite Lounge. As D+ we were not allowed access. Only Suites/Pinnacles in SL.

NJ

Yep, we enjoyed that SL when we cruised on Adventure this past March.:)