Gelato...

monakayk

and the free ice cream may be even better! (from a fanatic who has ice cream every day!!!)

Marketing and percieved value. If the Gelato was free and there was a charge for the regular ice cream people would say that the regular was better. Chances are in a blind test comparing the two of the same flavor it would come out 50/50 of what was better.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

and the free ice cream may be even better! (from a fanatic who has ice cream every day!!!)

Exactly what I was going to say. I too prefer the free ice cream to the gelato (in general, I'm a fan of gelato - just don't like the stuff on Celebrity). Our kids like it though, so we use our coupons for them.

Mike

Yes, you will. I checked the benefits online... Classic and up gets one free scoop. It will be on your card/account. I always ask them to check my card to be sure the complimentary scoop is "on it" before I order.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

MEcruzr;

Thanks for answering my question with this info!

Exactly what I was going to say. I too prefer the free ice cream to the gelato (in general, I'm a fan of gelato - just don't like the stuff on Celebrity). Our kids like it though, so we use our coupons for them.

Mike

Agreed. Being Italian, I grew up on gelato and was looking forward to it when we got on the Equinox recently. It certainly didn't meet our expectations.

If you like Gelato and have dinner at Qsine, be sure to get the Bullet dessert. RED ROBIN YUM!

Whenever I see or hear yum it reminds me of the ad. Idiotic phrase.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

IMO- I don't think the gelato in Cafe al Bacio is real gelato if that is truly your desire. Tastes like ice cream and has the consistency of ice cream. Good to try it especially with a coupon but be prepared for a very small scoop. Agree about getting the free ice cream in the OVC. Also agree about ordering the Bullit in QSine.

What an incredible discussion. Spending thousands of dollars for cruise and concerned about getting a $5 icecream sorry gelato for free. If you are ever on our cruise we will have two free gelatos on offer

Where's the like button? ;p