Gelato...

monakayk

It appears from other very recent posts that certain M-Class ships (like Infinity) have put in a bar similar to World Class Bar in the Gelato area. But it seems that Gelato is sharing the space and is still available![/quote

oh joy.......another bar !

Thanks, i knew the answer, but was curious about how many of those arguing the pros and cons of one or the other knew besides the texture the actual difference.

The actual difference is that I like true Gelato better! But won't turn down a good ice cream either!

Exactly what I was going to say. I too prefer the free ice cream to the gelato (in general, I'm a fan of gelato - just don't like the stuff on Celebrity). Our kids like it though, so we use our coupons for them.

Mike

Also, different ships do have different gelato; however, I have not found any better than in Italy. We had some one time that was uneatable onboard.

Slightly off the gelato topic, on the Reflection TA this past Oct/Nov, I had ice cream almost every night in the MDR because I have celiac. Anyway, on the Reflection, the ice cream in the MDR was the best I've ever had onboard. It was creamier with more "stuff" in it than on any other cruise. Rum raisin (many, many really rummy raisins in each spoonful), butter pecan, and After Eight were amazing. Also vanilla with the cheesecake toppings as a sundae. The ice cream in the Oceanview was good, but nowhere near the quality of the dining room. Soooo, try ice cream for dessert occasionally.

Edited by goofysmom99

Also, different ships do have different gelato; however, I have not found any better than in Italy. We had some one time that was uneatable onboard.

We took the Adriatic cruise on Connie this year. Pretty much had Gelato in every port. Outside of Italy, Gelato in Slovenia and Croatia was superb too. And very inexpensive.

Just had gelato on Infinity with my coupon. They are storing/serving it at ice cream temps - gelato needs to be stored and served at significantly higher temps or it negatively impacts both the flavor and texture.

It appears from other very recent posts that certain M-Class ships (like Infinity) have put in a bar similar to World Class Bar in the Gelato area. But it seems that Gelato is sharing the space and is still available![/quote

oh joy.......another bar !

I'll drink to that.

I believe that while pricing out Oceania you'll find out why the inclusion.

With the right cruise choice (e.g., 7-10 day Miami-Miami) and a "net daily rate" comparison for all necessary and/or preferred expenses (beyond just the cabin), do the bottom line math (as have many other former Celebrity passengers) and you'll find Celebrity's total cost approaching the "O Life" cost on Oceania.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What an incredible discussion. Spending thousands of dollars for cruise and concerned about getting a $5 icecream sorry gelato for free. If you are ever on our cruise we will have two free gelatos on offer

I may or may not have joked with an Al Bachio waiter that I wanted an affogato, but to hold the espresso. The waiter may have found that so amusing that he may have then delivered them regularly when in there, sans espresso.... But I couldn't possibly comment.

I may or may not have joked with an Al Bachio waiter that I wanted an affogato, but to hold the espresso. The waiter may have found that so amusing that he may have then delivered them regularly when in there, sans espresso.... But I couldn't possibly comment.

Giggle:D

What an incredible discussion. Spending thousands of dollars for cruise and concerned about getting a $5 icecream sorry gelato for free. If you are ever on our cruise we will have two free gelatos on offer

Finally someone on this thread shows a bit of sanity. If you mail me your e-mail address, I will send you a $5 bill so you can afford to buy a gelato.

DON

• Like 1