DECEMBER 2017 update : HAL dry docks, charters and groups onboard listing

CJcruzer

You're welcome Jeroen; assumed correct, as usual ;) I've heard those same rumors as far as Maasie, but unconfirmed at this time

Tnx, will drop by HAL people this weekend on Vakantiebeurs, but doubt if I will get an answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Vista Suites on the Volendam have been refurbished in the Nov 2017 dry dock? Have all the post-dry dock problems (no AC, flooding) been fixed? We will be cruising on the Volendam in a few weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.

Road Scholar isn't usually that big - about 30 or less. Neptune Suites are not usually in their offerings [verandas are usually the highest]. When I got a Westerdam Signature Suite for my 30 day program with them - I had to book my own cabin separately - and paid RS only for the program expenses.

If the Zaandam calls their lowest class of Verandas [signature Suites] then that would still not be a Neptune Category which is what was asked about.

Edited by Happily@Sea
Added additional information - considering Zaandam's deck plan.

I wasn't planning on booking a Neptune Suite....just didn't want any surprises if a big group would be on board...still seems very strange that they are booked up.......

I guess I still answered one question, a least one group aboard but not at all large.

Yes...thanks....:)

Does that mean that the Road Scholars will be on the May 21st cruise....or was there another group....???

I didn't recheck the dates posted - so no - if the scheduled dates are the only ones, they will not be on May 21st.

I was mostly commenting on group size and that they would not be booking the Neptune Suites. Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't recheck the dates posted - so no - if the scheduled dates are the only ones, they will not be on May 21st.

I was mostly commenting on group size and that they would not be booking the Neptune Suites. Sorry for the confusion.

Great....thanks for clearing that up.....:)

I am actually thinking the May 7th cruise could be the best...thanks again....!!

Hi Carol,

I just saw and ad on FB for the 2018 Dementia Friendly Cruise. They have special dining, group get togethers and support staff advertised so it sounds like it may be a large group?

May 12-19th, 2018 (New England - Boston R/T) on the Maasdam.

Hi Carol,

I just saw and ad on FB for the 2018 Dementia Friendly Cruise. They have special dining, group get togethers and support staff advertised so it sounds like it may be a large group?

May 12-19th, 2018 (New England - Boston R/T) on the Maasdam.

thanks Jacqui, will have to keep an eye on that.

Appreciate all the leads, added info that you and others have provided. Every little bit helps!:D

Hi Carol. Posted the info regarding Living Waters Group on NA on 17-24 March being cancelled, but you may have missed it.

Here is a link:

http://www.livingwaterscruise.com/

Not Carol, but FYI, you won't see the changes you advised earlier in this thread until Carol updates the list with a new thread. ;)

The National Review people will have a large group on the OOSTERDAM in early December.

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam cruise while NR group was aboard, in 2016. Their advertising predicted 700 or more, but in fact there were around 300. We had not been able to get late traditional dining when we booked, but were given it at checkin.

We did not feel at all inconvenienced by their presence, and they were certainly well-mannered!

• 2 weeks later...
Carol, would you be so kind as to add this group to your list ?

Eurodam: June 23-30, 2018: Alaska: Sporthorse Cruise (for equestrians)

Many thanks.

Seems an odd choice of vacation for an equestrian group. I don't recall seeing a lot of riding opportunities in Alaska ports.