Help Please::: any way to get CRUISE CREDIT

winncruiser

Hi All

Just thought I’d ask here:: we are booked on 12/22/17 Crown Princess. My husband just got home from the hospital with an IV antibiotic with strict instructions from his doctor NOT to travel. He is insistent that I go with my family members.

Of course I did not get travel insurance (my bad!). Is there any way Princess would give my husband credit toward his next cruise? He is Platinum and I am Elite.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably not, but it can’t hurt to ask. If you booked with a TA, ask them to go to bat for you, or just call Princess direct. May be they can give you at least something. If you are going alone, make sure all concerned know in advance.

Good luck, and hope your husband recovers quickly. It is a bummer when life gets in the way of our cruising! But it does happen.

I've read stories on here that people without insurance are successful in getting their cruise moved to another sailing when a doctor's note was involved.

It does seem like a long shot but why not at least try. Since you are elite, I would call the Captain's Club and ask if they would make any special accommodation for you ... not in getting your money returned but offering this to you as cruise credits. Good luck and hope they show you some good will. After all, you will most assuredly purchase the cruise insurance from now on ... and you could even pose your request as such. Don't be too disappointed if they don't offer it to you but it is worth a try.

Best of luck to your DH on his recovery!

Thank you all so much for your very kind replies. I will reach out to the Captain's Club with the assurance that from now on out I will always get the insurance. My days of footloose and fancy free are over. This getting old....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are asking if your husband will get a cruise credit for the cruise, since he paid for it and did not sail, the answer is "no". You must sail to get the credit. He will have to wait a little longer to become Elite. ;)

I think that is the question that OP was asking , credit for the sailing and not $$$ credit .

Gotta actually cruise to earn the credit toward Elite .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since your husband will not be going and you will become a single in a cabin.... you will have to pay the single supplement for your cabin so there will be no cruise fare to refund anyway.

Hard lesson to learn but always buy insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes - this.