Wendy's Chicken Nuggets in Windjammer?

kwilzz13

Sailed Harmony 12/9/17. Me and some buddies had lunch on embarkation day in Windjammer. I happened to notice the shapes of the nuggets. Definitely are the same as those served at Wendy's. They also taste the same. Let me be clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this? Don't know if its fleetwide, but is RCI in cohoots with Wendy's. That would be great!!

Sailed Harmony 12/9/17. Me and some buddies had lunch on embarkation day in Windjammer. I happened to notice the shapes of the nuggets. Definitely are the same as those served at Wendy's. They also taste the same. Let me be clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this? Don't know if its fleetwide, but is RCI in cohoots with Wendy's. That would be great!!

Parts is parts... No but really, never know as Food supply company could be the same, but would have to be slightly different recipe as sure couldn't be exactly the same as Wendy's.

LMAO!!! :loudcry:

There seems to be at least three types of them when you order from the kids menu in the MDR. The processed fast food kind of nugget is rare. I think I'm 3 for 15 on those. It's mostly the large chicken finger type strips of fried chicken breast that they serve me. There's also one kind where it's smaller chunks of chicken breast. I like the fast food style nuggets the best but don't get them often. The waiters don't understand what I mean when I ask them about the type of nugget being served that night. I just get a confused look when I tell them I only want them if it's the fast food kind of nugget.

I've never bought "nuggets" from Wendy's....but I guess it's possible! Not really a "nugget" eater!

I was agreeably surprised at how good Wendy's nuggets are. I would never order nuggets because the various nuggets I've tasted in the past were awful.

Wendy's nuggets came in their 4 for 4 deal and they're really good!

If Windjammer can make theirs have the taste and texture of Wendy's, I'm willing to try lunch there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The primary food supplier for Royal Caribbean, and most cruise lines, departing from Florida ports is Gordon Food Services.

I don't think GFS supplies to Wendy's, but it IS possible the company that makes the nuggets does so for both GFS and Wendy's. It could be Perdue, or someone else that uses Perdue chicken.

People would be shocked how many restaurants all sell the same product.

I don't think GFS supplies to Wendy's, but it IS possible the company that makes the nuggets does so for both GFS and Wendy's. It could be Perdue, or someone else that uses Perdue chicken.

People would be shocked how many restaurants all sell the same product.

Judging by the cardboard taste of mist fast food restaurants' nuggets, Wendy's doesn't sell the same product.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL one of the dumber posts I've run across in some time. And the answer is NO.:rolleyes:

If you want background on the the food distribution/restaurant industry, subscribe to National Restaurant News

Basically there are several categories.

1. Broadband Distributors:

They pretty much cover soup to nuts, literally, including paper goods, goods etc.

Sysco is one of the biggest.

2. Semi specialty Distributors

Meats and seafood/Just Meats/Just seafood/Just Vegetables/Fruits

3. Producers:

The companies that actually "manufacture food stuffs.

And example of this is Simplot. What is Simplot? They do potatoes what is their claim to fame? McDonalds. As McDonalds grew up over the years, so did Simplot, as they were McDonalds primary french fry provider. However they know provide french fry's (among other products) to other companies.

Let's just say there is some proprietary formulations for certain companies but there is also some cross-fertilization.

I.E. the basic chicken nugget could be the same between Wendy's and RCCL, but the breading applied to each could be slightly different. It could be as simple increasing a particular seasoning by a midge for one company than the other. If the "new" company approves the taste profile, the supplier company could look at both companies and say with a straight face that each had a unique property.