Is it difficult for the room steward to remove the mini fridge contents from the room

Peachypooh

Emptied to put in it the water bottles we have brought on board empty and filled with water for shorex. The free bottle of sparking gnat's p.. we are comped to chill before adding apple juice. To chill the free Platinum wines. To chill/keep fresh any sweet treats we are comped. There's plenty to put in our emptied fridge..

I can understand not wanting alcohol around minors, but other than that , why empty the fridge?You cannot bring your own water, soda etc onboard to replace it with

Yes you can. I bring empty water bottles and fill them with the fruit punch in the buffet to keep in my room. Usually 10-12 bottles are in my fridge

On the Getaway a few months ago, we asked the steward to remove it and he told me he has no where to store it and if putting it under the bed is fine so we told him yes. He just threw everything in to a large laundry bag and stuck it under the bed in the corner. It was fine for me...

we always ask for fridge to be cleared so hubby can store his injectable medication in there

if not already clear when we arrive room steward clears it promptly

however that often means he clears contents into a spare drawer in the room which presumably means goes straight back at end of cruise for next passengers

with that in mind who would select anything from mini bar paying those charges and not knowing how fresh the contents are

and fluctuation in storage temperatures

I would have thought the best result is a default to an empty fridge accessible to all but you can request to be filled at request

Emptied to put in it the water bottles we have brought on board empty and filled with water for shorex. The free bottle of sparking gnat's p.. we are comped to chill before adding apple juice. To chill the free Platinum wines. To chill/keep fresh any sweet treats we are comped. There's plenty to put in our emptied fridge..

Well, I just have to clap my hands and say thanks for saying what I planned to say except orange juice instead of apple juice! Please also add the double birthday cakes, one from Suite/Haven staff and one from the restaurant.

Room stewards usually don’t remove items from the room. They usually just move it to a cabinet or behind an end table in the room.

We have our fridge emptied and always see the contents somewhere in the room.

This is my experience as well (we have on several occasions in the past asked them to empty the fridge for its usual content and then asked them to fill it up with only diet Pepsi instead), the way I have understood if from previous room stewards we have had, if he/she took the content of the mini-fridge out of the cabin they would have to store it somewhere until the cruise is over - and their storage place is not much room for any "extras" (the same "problem" often comes up if they have to store an empty oversized suitcase for you, because it doesn't fit under the bed).

But I might have misunderstood something here, though....

Just off Getaway a few weeks ago and was charged over $7.00 on our final bill for a drink from mini bar we didnt drink. Wasnt going to stand in that looong line to have it removed. We will be on escape in a few weeks and will ask that it be locked (didnt know they locked) instead of having everything removed.

I can understand not wanting alcohol around minors, but other than that , why empty the fridge?You cannot bring your own water, soda etc onboard to replace it with

We use it for many things. Chilling the free champagne we get, my wife buys a few cans of diet Pepsi to have on hand in the room, snacks, etc.

On more than one occasion, I have had additional charges made to my account for items from the refrigerator. I then started requesting that all items be removed when I board.

Recently, I had one steward want me to defend or justify my request, and then proceeded to tell me that they had never had a problem with charges being made to others accounts.

Nonetheless, and based on my personal experience, I want all items removed. Then there is no question as to anything that I consumed and certainly no questions as to 'accounting errors'.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish that they would just leave them empty. God help the person that actually buys one of these items that have been moved in and out of refrigeration so many times!

You got that RIGHT !

Diet pops have a shelf life of 6 months before going FLAT.

Canned beer when warm can be like champagne when opened.

Those gummie bears and flash frozen peanuts are just so delightful.

Do you like smashed pretzels or cheese flavored micro bits ?

And check those amber miniatures - I won't go any disgustingly further on this subject !

Then there is the mystery stuff - was it provisioned by NCL or the last passenger ?

There is no real convenience in having stuff in the mini-fridge that is not used by the cruise passenger.

What would be better is to have a small list of items that can be provisioned by the cabin steward and

placed in the fridge - think along the lines of the room service breakfast card selecting the items you

want in the fridge.

For those with medications requiring cooling the mini-fridge will handle that adequately.

When you first get to your cabin check to see if the mini-fridge is working and cool if not get it fixed.

You can use ice temporarily - but the ice provided is like hotel commercial ice and melts faster than a

ice cube on a BBQ grill.

So regarding the mini-fridge contents - empty it and give it to the cabin steward for disposal to be replaced

before the next gullible Gullivers guest occupies the cabin.

Room stewards usually don’t remove items from the room. They usually just move it to a cabinet or behind an end table in the room.

We have our fridge emptied and always see the contents somewhere in the room.

That happened to us in 2013. I asked for it to be removed and he put all contents on a shelf in the room. I then had to ask AGAIN and AGAIN to please REMOVE it from the room. I wanted to use it as a fridge. It WAS removed, but it took a few times to get it done.

JZenkow - I need the fridge empty because I sore my medicine in it but again the reasons are irrelevant- the stewards are very busy the first day and many times depending on my ice pack needed to keep my medicine cold , I empty it and let the steward know where I have put it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums