Drink package quantity limits?

srlucado

I'm not a big drinker, so I've never been interested in an "unlimited" drink package.

However, on a recent Liberty cruise, I heard a passenger complain about being cut off.

That hardly sounded "unlimited" to me, but he went on to say that he'd ordered 31 drinks in a 24-hour period, and while trying to get the 32nd, he was stopped.

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

there is no set number limit. But they will cut you off if they judge that you are "Too" drunk. I can handle a more than a few drinks myself but 32 drinks, that is way past my limit. perhaps they suspected that he was sharing.

dp

I'm not a big drinker, so I've never been interested in an "unlimited" drink package.

However, on a recent Liberty cruise, I heard a passenger complain about being cut off.

That hardly sounded "unlimited" to me, but he went on to say that he'd ordered 31 drinks in a 24-hour period, and while trying to get the 32nd, he was stopped.

Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

There's no numerical limit, but they will cut off people who appear to be inebriated.

when the bartender cuts you off, thats it. an average of more than one drink per hour seems to be stupidly excessive even for the binge drinkers. I'm with others.. he was probably sharing

An average person drinking an average alcohol drink will have metabolized the drink

after an hour. One an hour is hardly binge drinking.

An average person drinking an average alcohol drink will have metabolized the drink

Poster was referring to average of MORE THEN one drink an hr, commenting on cruiser getting cut off at 32 drinks in 24 hrs.

Agree, 32 drinks in a 24 hour period for one person seems to be quite excessive. I would be totally waisted with half that number.

They may not have been alcoholic all of them. Still, it's a very large number. Like 8 liters of fluid if they are 1/4 liter each.

No, but one would think some time might have been taken out to sleep or eat, thus allowing less time to actually drink. So the person would be consuming far more than one drink per hour. Still, sounds like a sharing situation.

No, but one would think some time might have been taken out to sleep or eat, thus allowing less time to actually drink. So the person would be consuming far more than one drink per hour. Still, sounds like a sharing situation.

Unit sizes may (and do) vary, but in my country it's said to be more like 1.5 hours. And more like 2 for a middleaged, lightweight woman like me. Long before 32 units of alcohol in 24 hours I'd be hospitalized.

If the wife and I both have the drink package, can I take both cards to the bar and get a drink for both of us, or does she have to go to the bar herself?

They will usually allow you to get two drinks when you present two cards.

Wow that sounds like a record! Imagine each one was a glass of wine. That's over 6 bottles of wine. I think they would be near death after that.

31 drinks! Sure death, especially if the wine glass size is large.

ac1987de0a26dd24228404a1d7642aea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've told this story before on CC. We were in the pub when a white shirt came in and was grilling one of the bartenders about one customer who had just left the pub and was averaging 35 drinks a day. He wanted to know if he the guy was sharing but the bartender said everyone in his party had the package and he saw no evidence of sharing. I'd be pickled on have that but that's just me.

OP here...

From my observation, this guy wasn't sharing. He didn't strike me as the benevolent type. He struck me more as the type who'd strike me. Not a happy drunk, in other words. Not that happy sober, either, near as I could tell.

As for the quantity, I had a brother who drank like that. Note that I say "had".

OP here...

From my observation, this guy wasn't sharing. He didn't strike me as the benevolent type. He struck me more as the type who'd strike me. Not a happy drunk, in other words. Not that happy sober, either, near as I could tell.

As for the quantity, I had a brother who drank like that. Note that I say "had".

Sharing is usually with a cabinmate. Not the world at large.

When on a cruise, I am a lush. I have no shame in admitting it. I use my drink package for alcohol, coffee, orange juice and bottled water. Even with all of those additional non-alchohlic beverages, I cannot fathom how one would hit 30+ per day unless there was sharing. 20, sure, I can see that. Maybe even 25. But 30? I'm surprised the person is still alive.