Talking Noise from other cabins? Equinox.

Newbie545

The people in the cabin next to us must have been very religious. Every night we could hear them praying “ OH GOD” in a loud repetitive frenzy. It mostly sounded like a female voice that was grasping for her last breath. 😍😛😋

That is why we never wanted have a connecting cabin with relatives or friends. You never know what they can hear. 🤔🤗

Happy cruising and merry Christmas 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅🎄

Just off the Equinox earlier this month - we were in a 2C cabin (6156). I occasionally could faintly hear the TV of cabin next door if I was at desk and if they were talking in a normal voice on balcony could hear them from the bed (we had beds closer to balcony door config). My mother has less sensitive hearing and heard nothing. It was not loud enough to be obtrusive or enough to prevent/disturb our sleep.

I have a white noise app on my phone I use whenever we are traveling and it really cuts down on noise outside your cabin/hotel room you might hear.

This is an invaluable thing! Totally free, easy to use, just keep the phone plugged in all night. It was especially useful on our recent NCL Escape cruise- we had a 2 bedroom suite, and while the white noise app and sliding door did not keep the bedroom quiet enough for um, romance, it did give us a sense of privacy.

I think that the S-class ships are the most soundproof cabins we've experienced in over 50 sailings. We've been in various cabins on the Equinox and really haven't heard a sound from the cabins surrounding us, except:

- on our most recent sailing, the neighbors let the door slam day and night (argh)

- we were on the forward slant of the hump which was located right next to the room steward's closet. The steward wasn't noisy but everyone seemed to stop and talk to him right in front of our cabin door, oftentimes, early in the morning and very boisterous.

Other than that, no real noise concerns on the Equinox. They were just thoughtless or rude passengers, not a flaw with the ship's design.

On my cruise on Equinox in November the next door neighbors had a wake up call every morning for 6AM, then because they didn't answer in time it repeated a short time later. I finally had to ask the cabin attendant to turn down their phone volume. I honestly thought this was the noisiest ship I have ever been on and I have done many cruises.

I have a white noise app on my phone I use whenever we are traveling and it really cuts down on noise outside your cabin/hotel room you might hear.

Thanks for letting me know that there is an app, my DH might find this useful, I can sleep through anything.

• 4 weeks later...

The very loud man next door to us this past week on equinox was very easily heard when he would be on the balcony. (Which incidentally seemed to be about 23 hours a day, or maybe it just felt like it). We could hear him when we were in our room sleeping. He talked so loud on the balcony it woke us up. I wanted to strangle him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the “neighbor from hell” who loved to SLAM their cabin door at 2am when they wobbled back in to their cabin....

After a few nights we started SLAMMING ours at 7 am.

After once or twice, a truce seemed to be declared and all was quiet.

Seriously, I don’t know why some people are so loud in the hallways of hotels etc.

My dw says they forgot to pack their manners.