Gender misidentification

sr5242

I think most people have made this mistake once in their lives and are so regretful.

Here’s another one: How about the ‘Mom” who is told that their “grandchild” is so cute......

Mrs Gut had the opposite problem.

She was told many times how Cute it was to see a teenage girl taking her little brother shopping.

One year we went to a NYE party, a lady meeting us for the first time said “Wow you mum must be a cow, making you bring your little brother to a NYE party”.

She hated it.

To be fair she was 21 when our son was born, but looked about 13 when she dressed in denim with her hair tied back.

Nowadays she’d love to look five years, or so, younger than she is.

Must be an American thing. Here such discrimination is illegal and no large business would make a mistake of not training their staff properly around this. I recall when my previous employer adopted the dress code from the UK operation - the only change made was "no bare midriffs for women" was changed to "no bare midriffs"; which for me was an improvement too since the former might be delightful but the latter absolutely never so.

While I truly love NZ and think it is the finest place on the planet, these kinds of posts make me stay here...

JC

Apparently in Germany lots of ladies have hairy armpits.

So a story from my way long long ago past. We are in Colorado on a ski vacation, I am somewhere in my late teens. We are in a lodge and in the hot tub, and there was this hot girl my age with me and a few other completely forgettable people :evilsmile:. I am thinking she and I were destined to be together, then she lifted her arm out of the water and there was more hair under her arm than mine, then later I saw unshaven legs. Turns out she was a Mormon. I decided that I wasn't going to convert that very evening. I have since learned that many ladies don't do shave these areas. In my late teens it was a complete shock.

JC

Once worked a job where the manager asked me if I would consider removing my stud earrings. When I asked why, he told me it was a health violation. I asked why the women I worked alongside could wear hoop earrings, but my simple studs were a health violation? He stammered, then I said if you really want to go on record with this request, I'll get a labor attorney involved. He withdrew his request.

A tank top is a tank top, whether it is worn by a male or female. If a female can wear one and a male can't, that is gender discrimination-plain and simple. Same with shorts. Same with sandals.

Unfortunate incident with the OP, but if a female could wear it into the MDR, then why not a male? Men wear nice designer tank tops also and females may wear athletic A-tops. There has to be a better qualifier other than gender for acceptable MDR clothing.

JMHO

My friend is a pediatrician, and made that mistake once - "when are you due?" - "I'm not" ....crickets.

Now, he said the baby could be crowning, but unless the woman mentions it first, he wont bring it up..

Hilarious!!

It happens whether it was the person being distracted, busy, or maybe a dude just tried to get in. I was on the other end. Luckily I looked at the person's ID before I stuck my foot in my mouth. I had to look twice and it still wasn't clear. Loose shirt, short hair, little or no makeup.

A tank top is a tank top, whether it is worn by a male or female. If a female can wear one and a male can't, that is gender discrimination-plain and simple. Same with shorts. Same with sandals.

Strappy rhinestone sandals vs Tevas it even Keens; you don’t see a dressy difference?

I’ve never seen a dressy tank top for a man. Ever. And a woman shouldn’t wear an athletic tank to dinner in the mdr.

If she's like myself she'll be reprimanding herself all day.

All day; you’re stronger than I am! I’m still beating myself up for things I said in 1979 and they were nowhere near that level.

In my late teens it was a complete shock.

I think it would be more if a shock that there are people who feel the need to take off all the hair for fashion purposes.

I generally do it, too. But some seasons some years I don’t. I’m the same person either way. What a silly thing for people to be tweaky or shocked about. And my husband is half Korean, so he has almost no body hair. Can barely grow a mustache. Should I be shocked by that?

Old school Eastern Block Countries might qualify too. I could only imagine the mass exodus of the theatre if a comedian got wind of this.;):'):D

If any of you see a dvd from a northern Englishman called,

Roy Chubby Brown he is hilarious and very blue.

So a story from my way long long ago past. We are in Colorado on a ski vacation, I am somewhere in my late teens. We are in a lodge and in the hot tub, and there was this hot girl my age with me and a few other completely forgettable people :evilsmile:. I am thinking she and I were destined to be together, then she lifted her arm out of the water and there was more hair under her arm than mine, then later I saw unshaven legs. Turns out she was a Mormon. I decided that I wasn't going to convert that very evening. I have since learned that many ladies don't do shave these areas. In my late teens it was a complete shock.

JC

My sister in law is like that but it is a money saving exercise by her lol.

Once worked a job where the manager asked me if I would consider removing my stud earrings. When I asked why, he told me it was a health violation. I asked why the women I worked alongside could wear hoop earrings, but my simple studs were a health violation? He stammered, then I said if you really want to go on record with this request, I'll get a labor attorney involved. He withdrew his request.

Unfortunate incident with the OP, but if a female could wear it into the MDR, then why not a male? Men wear nice designer tank tops also and females may wear athletic A-tops. There has to be a better qualifier other than gender for acceptable MDR clothing.

JMHO

Great point.

It might have been interesting if she had asked the lady for a date if she thought it was a man lol.

Strappy rhinestone sandals vs Tevas it even Keens; you don’t see a dressy difference?

Unless it is spelled out in writing somewhere-Nope!

I’ve never seen a dressy tank top for a man. Ever. And a woman shouldn’t wear an athletic tank to dinner in the mdr.

Shouldn't is the key word here. They can according to the way RCI itself has it spelled out.

;)

If any of you see a dvd from a northern Englishman called,

Roy Chubby Brown he is hilarious and very blue.

I like Jimmy Carr so I will have to check him out. Russell Peters is also right up there, I have seen him twice.