Drying clothes

tigger54

Instead of worrying about where to hang the recently washed or rinsed items, grab a couple of extra pool towels and use them to pull the water out. Lay the towel on the bed, put the items on the towel and roll it up. After an hour or so, hang the items anywhere since they will no longer be dripping. It will be dry in the morning. The pants hangers provided work well. I purchased one of the "clothes lines" discussed, and never used it last year.

cruise lines that don't provide laundromats for their guests should not have rules against anyone hanging laundry wherever they choose.

Thank you so much for saying this, you took the words right out of my mouth.

We take our first cruise with Celebrity in April and will be away a total of 22 nights. Am dreading the laundry situation [emoji33].

On previous cruises there have always been self service laundry facilities either included or paid for by purchased tokens.

My laundry could be washed, dried , ironed and put away all within just over an hour and with a beverage at my side and lovely folks to chat to certainly not holiday time wasted [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruise lines that don't provide laundromats for their guests should not have rules against anyone hanging laundry wherever they choose.

People who can't live without laundromats should choose a cruise line that offers them. Try sending your things to the laundry or bring enough to last.

I agree with your comment, and fewer requirements should be put when cruises are more than a week or B2B's.

Never find rules or restrictions when reading the dailies for several cruises.

I use magnetic hooks attached to the ceiling of the cabin next to the AC vent - hang items on hangers in the air draft and they dry very quickly.

Yes, I do this too. Most things are pretty much dry in the morning if I hang them there overnight.

Their ship, so they get to make the rules. You have the choice of cruising with another company.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

so I was told the Equinox does not have a clothes line in the bathroom like other cruise lines do. I usually hang up our bathing suits to dry. Anyone have any other ideas you use to dry clothes in your cabin?

I went on amazon and got a bungee clothes line for $7.99 and super magnets. on amazon .....works great

I stretch clothes and hang just inside balconythumbnail_IMG_3399.jpg.fa1dd362e1c363892a111f56f107b877.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3427.jpg.f3d776da8c15f06a6746db2a284d85b6.jpg doors...when not in use the hooks act as extra storage places about the room since walls are metal

I try to avoid the ship's laundry service for the simple reason that industrial machines can be hard on clothing; it's bad enough that the waistlines become tighter as the cruise progresses without hastening the process thanks to a dryer set too high...

I try to avoid the ship's laundry service for the simple reason that industrial machines can be hard on clothing; it's bad enough that the waistlines become tighter as the cruise progresses without hastening the process thanks to a dryer set too high...
On my last cruise I used a scrubba...I discovered this little gem on youtube. Basically it is a wet/dry bag with a washboard inside it . I brought along a microfiber towel place wet clothes in it and rolled it up ....stepped on it to apply a lot of pressure. When I unrolled clothes were barely damp...used my magnets and bungee clothesline and hours later dry clean clothes........never use laundry service again. I packed less clothes for a 10 night trip than I normally do for 7 worked out great.

thumbnail_IMG_3398.jpg.2e9547b2f49f1c34d9946a7e09d27700.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3400.jpg.fa4267e012903578d1dad30991462fae.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3427.jpg.697f932b19c4f3239ceaa0d2131949ae.jpg

[

thumbnail_IMG_3399.jpg.0d630c1fd3c560ea1dfb70bfde9864b6.jpg

I hang my small under clothes on the circular clothes line that I bring with me.

(I have tried to attach a photo, but it only loads 87%)

80da4f574c2dbdb8704ca7782fb7bbc8.jpg

Sorry for the repeat post, but as the forum doesn’t allow edits after 20 minutes, it was the only way to attach the photo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The regulations about hanging clothes on the balcony stem from a serious fire that occured on Princess a few years ago. Apparently a spark (cigarette?) ignited clothing on a balcony and a fire damaged an area of the ship. I do dry things on the balcony when I'm sitting out there but don't leave them unattended. I found styrofoam drying hangers at the dollar store and bring a couple with me....very lightweight to pack. Better than putting wet things on wooden hangers and they help things dry faster. We send socks, teeshirts, and DH's things to the laundry and I handwash delicates. Only a few ships we've sailed (HAL) have had self serve laundries and I loved that on 35 and 48 day cruises.

It's true that the reason you are not supposed to hang clothes on the balcony is due to fire prevention reasons. I think like many actions that take place post-tragedy it is a bit of an overreaction. I seriously doubt that hanging a wet bathing suit on the back of a balcony chair creates serious fire concerns. Keep in mind that back in the day of the Princess fire, smoking was permitted on balconies. These days places to smoke are very, very limited so the odds of a fire from a floating cigarette are practically nil. That said, it is the rules, which will be printed on your dailies.

Risk of Fire? smoking it's not permitted in the veranda!

True, which lessens the risk. But there are outside smoking areas and when there is a wind, or a breeze from the ship being in motion if someone throws a cigarette off the side of the ship (which they are not supposed to do, but them I often see people smoking where they are not supposed to smoke, including on occasion on balconies) then it could conceivably blow onto a balcony.

Personally I don’t want to spend any part of my vacation going back and forth to a laundry room waiting for an available washer or dryer. For cruises longer than 7 days I budget for sending out laundry and dry cleaning. Of course my Elite Plus laundry bag perk for washables helps. I do delicates and items I don’t want to risk in the sink in net bags. To save my manicure I wear disposable gloves (or have DH do the job)[emoji4]. I put items loosely in fine net bags that zip up. Available in packs of 5 assorted sizes on Amazon for about $10. I find it much easier to wash, rinse, and wring dry when the items are enclosed in the bags than when they are loose. I hang items while in port on the backs of balcony chairs with towel clips. The bags take no room or weight in my luggage and are also great as packing organizers for socks, undies, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums