Suite perks...if you could add ONE....

chill6x6

Loyalty programs typically give perks that already exist in suites, not the other way around. It’s another reason HAL is not on par with the rest of the industry.

Not quite accurate....... I'm sorry but you are misstaken.....

HAL is on a par as you call it.

HAL gives free laundy to Neptune ssuites, however, 5 star mariners also get that . , HAL gives , prioritrry tenedering and boarding to Neptunes ............ however, high sttar mariners get that.

Not quite accurate....... I'm sorry but you are misstaken.....

HAL is on a par as you call it.

HAL gives free laundy to Neptune ssuites, however, 5 star mariners also get that . , HAL gives , a prioritrrytenedering andr boardingg to Neptunes ............ however, high sttar mariners get that.

That’s a pretty weak list. Anyone who cruises multiple lines knows suits perks and loyalty perks are not a HAL strength.

That’s a pretty weak list. Anyone who cruises multiple lines knows suits perks and loyalty perks are not a HAL strength.

I have over 1,000 HAL l days, so yes, I get it. It is not my job to defend the execs who make the decisions for HAL nor do I have any wish to..

I am in Pirncess and Ceelbrity, and NCL: programs, as well.

I totally agree. I love the perks that come with booking suites on RCI, Celebrity and even NCL. And you don't have to be in one of the upper tier suites to get the full perks. HAL doesn't even come close. Unlike on HAL, the equivalent of Signature Suites on other lines gets full perks and lounge access. In fact, of the lines I've sailed, I think HAL and Carnival have the worst suite perks.

I've never done a suite on HAL, but I would suggest they take a good look at Celebrity so that they remain or become more competitive. As for picking just one perk, it would have to be the Premium Drink Package (or whatever they call it on HAL)

That probably has the most value over the course of the cruise. Obviously though, if you don't drink much or at all your preference would be different.

I totally agree. I love the perks that come with booking suites on RCI, Celebrity and even NCL. And you don't have to be in one of the upper tier suites to get the full perks. HAL doesn't even come close. Unlike on HAL, the equivalent of Signature Suites on other lines gets full perks and lounge access. In fact, of the lines I've sailed, I think HAL and Carnival have the worst suite perks.

Good point about the Signature Suites. Yet another way HAL is not on par.

I've never done a suite on HAL, but I would suggest they take a good look at Celebrity so that they remain or become more competitive. As for picking just one perk, it would have to be the Premium Drink Package (or whatever they call it on HAL)

That probably has the most value over the course of the cruise. Obviously though, if you don't drink much or at all your preference would be different.

Every time I compare Celebrity to HAL, I find Celebrity very over-priced.

One never gets something for free, you're always paying for it.

So what single perk would you add to HAL's suite offerings?

For those who are in the Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites, that beverage cart in the Neptune Lounge -- cost of drinks are the same as in any lounge and charged to your shipboard account.

I NEVER get a beverage card so for me that is nothing.

AND you can not use a Beverage Card or show your Signature Beverage Card or the Elite Beverage Card.

I did not have any drinks from that cart but like that it is there.

Hmmmm... Was just on Navigator OTS in a GS.....before that...Liberty OTS GS.... No included laundry....one concierge spread kinda thin instead of two....slightly nicer cabin, yes..... evening canapés SOMETIMES...no Bose system in cabin....of course they DO have better horderves and drinks in the suite lounge...no shower AND separate tub.....they DID have reserved seating around pool and for shows. Only one lounger and table with two chairs on a MUCH smaller balcony. So IMO a LITTLE advantage to Royal but surely not a deal breaker either way.

Suite on Oasis, Allure, Harmony....IS another level but so is the price...

NCL....for a western caribbean it was gonna cost me about $1100 MORE for an SF on a non-Haven ship than western on Eurodam. Of course that includes a breakfast and lunch venue for suite guests...daily canapés for sure...does include a butler but NO suite lounge...concierge spread WAY thin....wifi....speciality restaurants.....drinks.... I had to decide would the alcohol package, speciality dining, and wifi be worth $1100 to me? I decided it wouldn't be.

Celebrity you really CAN get it all...but you WILL pay DEARLY for it....

For those who are in the Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites, that beverage cart in the Neptune Lounge -- cost of drinks are the same as in any lounge and charged to your shipboard account.

AND you can not use a Beverage Card or show your Signature Beverage Card or the Elite Beverage Card.

That's actually good to know! I didn't know that.... At least is adds a little convience!

HAL Pinnacle and Nepttune suites c an have breakfast in Pinnacle , at no additional charge.

On the other hand folks in any suite on Celebrity can have breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner in their exclusive Illuminae restaurant (with different menus evert day) besides having drinks free of charge when the bar is open in Michael's Lounge. They also get free gratuities, free beverage package, free internet and $300 OBC when the booking a non-repositioning cruise.

This is one big reason among others we've recently jumped ship from HAL for the most part over to Celebrity if we can't find an itinerary we like on Oceania.

We disembarked Maasdam 19th December, a 22 day cruise, there was no suite lunch, which we have enjoyed on previous cruises.

Is the suite lunch still offered on other HAL ships? or has this been discontinued?

HAL ended sutie lunch long ago along with so many other features....... gone, gone, gone.

I have never understood the Neptune Lounge being locked up at night on the larger ships (Vistas and above) since you need to use your key to access it anyways.

I am often up before it opens and would definitely prefer the coffee there than in the Lido ;)

As to a perk, it would be nice if the beverage cart that is in there was complimentary even from say 4 pm to 6 pm (to accommodate early diners)

Good idea.

I can’t speak for HAL, but Princess Cruise Line is sorely lacking when it it comes to Suite perks. We just spent 15 days in the Grand Suite on he Star. No butler, no Concierge. You get 3 or 4 little baby size bottles of alcohol in your room. They will not exchange them for something you would actually like to drink, and they do not refill them. No priority seating at the shows. The only perk we found worth while was free laundry service, which we used 4 times in our 15 days. Anyone else experience this on Princess?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the other hand folks in any suite on Celebrity can have breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner in their exclusive Illuminae restaurant (with different menus evert day) besides having drinks free of charge when the bar is open in Michael's Lounge. They also get free gratuities, free beverage package, free internet and $300 OBC when the booking a non-repositioning cruise.

This is one big reason among others we've recently jumped ship from HAL for the most part over to Celebrity if we can't find an itinerary we like on Oceania.

Excellent point. Can you compare Illuminae (free to all Celebrity suite guests) to Pinnacle Grill (charge for most people except some elite repeat customers)? I'm curious to see which restaurant is better Illuminae or PInnacle Grill?

The cruise before Christmas, was the first we had seen a little notepad in the stateroom, by the telephone. ( Notepad similar to those in hotel rooms).

There was no named stationery in the stateroom, but available from concierge on request.